Cotton Bacon Prime

No idea other than the sales spiel of more absorbent and higher quality.

Maybe a marketing stragedy, CB2 been out for a long time with many new makers entering the market, release a 'new product' to gain intrest maybe?

This is good, thanks @Rob Fisher
Another wick to try out and see where it fits in ;-)

In the past few months I have been using the following
- CB2 for tobaccoes and more earthy/ dessert flavours
- royal wicks for medium power fruity menthols (BB and Skyline)
- Rayon for strawberry menthol in my low power 11W Lemo1

This is good, thanks @Rob Fisher
Another wick to try out and see where it fits in ;-)

In the past few months I have been using the following
- CB2 for tobaccoes and more earthy/ dessert flavours
- royal wicks for medium power fruity menthols (BB and Skyline)
- Rayon for strawberry menthol in my low power 11W Lemo1

I need to try some royal wicks with my fruity menthols @Silver , after all you are the King of Menthold and if you give it the stamp of a approval then i need to try some.

I need to try some royal wicks with my fruity menthols @Silver , after all you are the King of Menthold and if you give it the stamp of a approval then i need to try some.

Ya, its good for me for fruity menthols
I get a nice crisp type of taste on the menthols, a bit more than CB2 or others.
Rayon is also very very good "crisp wise" but it seems to work best at very low power so i just use it in the Lemo1.

Ya, its good for me for fruity menthols
I get a nice crisp type of taste on the menthols, a bit more than CB2 or others.
Rayon is also very very good "crisp wise" but it seems to work best at very low power so i just use it in the Lemo1.

I vape around 13-14 watts on my MTL setups would Rayon be fine at that wattage @Silver ?

What brand can one purchase that is Rayon or a Blend?

I vape around 13-14 watts on my MTL setups would Rayon be fine at that wattage @Silver ?

What brand can one purchase that is Rayon or a Blend?

Ya, i think that will work fine
But you must check it out for yourself to see if it works for you
With rayon you wick it much tighter than cotton because it gets smaller when wet, it doesnt expand like cotton.

I got mine from Rob Fisher who i think ordered it from Amazon. I dont know which vendors stock it if at all. Just check, maybe ask in Who has stock - i seem to recall one or two vendors had it.

I'm still a loyal user of CB2. Will give this a try. Hope it will live up to the hype that is sure to erupt soon.

Is it me or does 33% one across as just a suspiciously convenient
Ya, i think that will work fine
But you must check it out for yourself to see if it works for you
With rayon you wick it much tighter than cotton because it gets smaller when wet, it doesnt expand like cotton.

I got mine from Rob Fisher who i think ordered it from Amazon. I dont know which vendors stock it if at all. Just check, maybe ask in Who has stock - i seem to recall one or two vendors had it.

Vapemob if I'm not mistaken

Last edited:
It took me a while Hi Ho @Silver. Translation to the Queen's English... "Is it just me or does 33% come across as suspiciously convenient?

Lol, thanks @Rob Fisher
Expert translation

I may have missed something but I don't understand what the reference to 33% relates to?

It is unusual for products to state "...providing 33% faster absorption...". They would normally claim "...up to 33% faster absorption...".
The first claim means that they must be in a position to prove that the cotton always provides at least 33% faster absorption. The second claim allows them to only prove any percentage improvement up to 33% (eg 5%).
I'm sure that they make this claim because they are confident that no one will make a legal claim against them for false advertising. Alternatively, they have some "test" they can offer which proves their claim. If I was confident in this "test" I would have claimed, "...at least 33% faster absorption".
I always use CB and quite honestly wasn't even looking for an "improvement". I agree with @Clouds4Days , it is probably just a marketing strategy to maintain interest in an older product.

Not sure how others are finding the Cotton Bacon Prime but I'm finding it a little stiff and almost rough in the fingers... it appears to SHINE in an RDA or BF RDA but I'm not sure it's ideal for RTA's. But it's early days and still testing. There is little doubt that the new CB Prime is very absorbent and maybe it's a dash too absorbent for RTA's because I was getting leaking and gurgling with it... I'm interested to see what others are finding?

One thing is for sure we are spoilt for quality wicking materials these days and there are probably 4 or 5 wicking brands that just excel at the job!

Cotton.JPG

Last edited:
Not sure how others are finding the Cotton Bacon Prime but I'm finding it a little stiff and almost rough in the fingers... it appears to SHINE in an RDA or BF RDA but I'm not sure it's ideal for RTA's. But it's early days and still testing. There is little doubt that the new CB Prime is very absorbent and maybe it's a dash too absorbent for RTA's because I was getting leaking and gurgling with it... I'm interested to see what others are finding?

One thing is for sure we are spoilt for quality wicking materials these days and there are probably 4 or 5 wicking brands that just excel at the job!

View attachment 123940
Have you perhaps tried Native Wicks. I moved over from Kendo and Cotton Bacon to Native wicks and I am really enjoying it. No break in time or funny tastes.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Have you perhaps tried Native Wicks. I moved over from Kendo and Cotton Bacon to Native wicks and I am really enjoying it. No break in time or funny tastes.

I tried Native Wicks back in the old days and wasn't a big fan and haven't tried the new one. But Royal Wick and TFC work really well for me.

I think that the "33% faster absorption rate" claim is a bit bs, its substantial enough to catch attention but not enough that we could actually tell whether or not its actually wicking faster.

I think that the "33% faster absorption rate" claim is a bit bs, its substantial enough to catch attention but not enough that we could actually tell whether or not its actually wicking faster.
I suppose it’s one of those “each to his own” situations again.

Some loved streaky for example, others can’t stand it.

I used to steer clear of CB2 cause I just didn’t like it but have used it solidly for the last year.

Still can’t seem to see the allure of royal wick but that’ll more than likely change I’m sure.

I think the same will be with CB prime. Some will love it and Some will hate it or be completely indifferent to it.

I suppose it’s one of those “each to his own” situations again.

Some loved streaky for example, others can’t stand it.

I used to steer clear of CB2 cause I just didn’t like it but have used it solidly for the last year.

Still can’t seem to see the allure of royal wick but that’ll more than likely change I’m sure.

I think the same will be with CB prime. Some will love it and Some will hate it or be completely indifferent to it.

Just like most of vaping, it all comes down to personal taste and what works for you.

Back