Courier Guy Deliveries 28 Dec

YeOldeOke

Elite Vaper
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
In their infinite wisdom courier guy has decided to change their system, at the busiest time of the year.

There will be no same day deliveries today as we are battling to get it booked.

I received an email about their migration to a new system this past weekend so some hiccups are to be expected.... On the other hand, they promised lower tariffs!

I received an email about their migration to a new system this past weekend so some hiccups are to be expected.... On the other hand, they promised lower tariffs!
No lower tariffs. In fact higher because 15% fuel charges :confused: are now added.

We are just discussing absorbing another increase.

They screwed up Royally. I had to reset my account password as I couldn't log in and then found all my past customer details are bye-bye!!!

Lower rates my arse. It's an increase all round, unless you go for a 3-5day delivery option, to save R10-15. That won't go down well with customers.

It's the so-called fuel charge of 15%. Fuel charge? Something couriers came up with a while back to hide increases, now also adopted by CG. Next an oil change and tyre wear charge.

Van wash charge.
Windscreen clean charge
Surcharge for having to start the van
Surcharge for getting the driver out of bed.

:confused:

Here's one I'll be happy and willing to pay: Surcharge for answering the bloody phone.

Last edited:
/edit. Too graphic for family viewing :facepalm:

Last edited:
Note to our customers:

There is NO decrease in rates I'm afraid, despite CG's marketing releases. If there was I'd be as happy as a pig in because shipping rates kill turnover, which is why we'd immediately pass any reduction on to you. There is an increase in rates which we will again absorb for the time being.

Last edited:
I feel your pain @YeOldeOke. Prices average of R10 more and when queried they say that it's the billing rate I am on and I need to query it with my local office, however they flyer they sent me indicated R10 less. Then my addresses also all disappeared. They take the system offline for 4 days to do a 'migration' to the new system and migrate everything excluding user passwords (had to reset mine as well) and the most bloody important thing of all, client addresses! I mean seriously, that's what it is about, isn't it??? The mind boggles.

Oh, and the booking I made 24hrs ago... nobody can answer me as to why it has not been picked up yet.

I feel your pain @YeOldeOke. Prices average of R10 more and when queried they say that it's the billing rate I am on and I need to query it with my local office, however they flyer they sent me indicated R10 less. Then my addresses also all disappeared. They take the system offline for 4 days to do a 'migration' to the new system and migrate everything excluding user passwords (had to reset mine as well) and the most bloody important thing of all, client addresses! I mean seriously, that's what it is about, isn't it??? The mind boggles.

Oh, and the booking I made 24hrs ago... nobody can answer me as to why it has not been picked up yet.
All our parcels were eventually picked up but they are still at local office, so there will be delays all round.
Yea, when I heard 'upgrade' I knew it was going to be chaos. I've been in IT since the 80s.
All our database is gone. Getting a correct address in with that bloody Google lookup is a nightmare. It's an all-round horror-show.

Enough to make us go scouting around after 6 years with them. PUDO we also had to drop because it was crap. I thought it was just the PUDO team, but now I'm not so sure, the contagion has spread it seems.

What happened with PUDO might I ask?

What happened with PUDO might I ask?
@TonySC Too many customers didn't get pins and notifications, then parcels sent back to hub. Wrong towns, provinces etc. A week to get parcels.

If you send out a lot of parcels every day, and a third of them have to be chased up and located via a phone that doesn't get answered it is a management nightmare, and worst of all, pissedoff customers.

@TonySC Too many customers didn't get pins and notifications, then parcels sent back to hub. Wrong towns, provinces etc. A week to get parcels.

If you send out a lot of parcels every day, and a third of them have to be chased up and located via a phone that doesn't get answered it is a management nightmare, and worst of all, pissedoff customers.

Oh wow! Guess the pudo service one gets must be rather location dependent. They really need to fix that notification system of theirs....

Back