Cracking tanks

Chickenstrip

All these flavours and you choose to be salty
LV

Awards
Does anyone have any experience with cracking tanks? I’m talking specifically about plastic tanks.

I’ve been stuck with a lemon based vape since lockdown started. I was under the impression that citrus would crack or melt my tank but I’ve had no issues since I started using lemon around 2 months ago.

Is it a slow process? Or is my lemon a lucky lemon?

Icy vapes or menthol vapes tend to do this, havent really experienced anything happen with lemon profiles or citrus profiles.

Hi @Chickenstrip , I think you either have a case of lucky lemon or chuck Norris plastic !

I think some citrus flavours don’t crack the tanks
And some plastic polymers crack while others don’t, I just don’t know which ones

Hi @Chickenstrip , I think you either have a case of lucky lemon or chuck Norris plastic !

And some plastic polymers crack while others don’t, I just don’t know which ones
It's probably a Tupperware!

Perhaps it’s a case of both! I have no idea what kind of plastic it is in any case so can’t research it further.

I know that icy or citrusy juices in the steamtuners (I think they are polycarbonate) clear plastic tanks are a no go. Some say cinammon also causes it but I dunno
I went through three tank sections like that. Costly exercise.

even one of my clear RDA caps cracked and my money is on the ice as the culprit

I have a clone Dvarw 16, ultem tank and nothing wrong yet. I had just about every juice profile in there. Sometimes adding menthol straight into the tank.

I have a clone Dvarw 16, ultem tank and nothing wrong yet. I had just about every juice profile in there. Sometimes adding menthol straight into the tank.

Ultem (PEI) doesn't crack with these juices.
Clear plastic tanks (PC) does crack.

Ultem has no problem with tank cracking juice.
Ultem (PEI) doesn't crack with these juices.
Clear plastic tanks (PC) does crack.
So the clear acrylic type tanks has this issue.
I only had glass tanks this is the only ultem tank and was looking to replace some of the Zeus glass with this for durability. I had a few glass tanks break.

Last edited:
So the clear acrylic type tanks has this issue.
I only had glass tanks this is the only item tank and was looking to replace some of the Zeus glass with this for durability. I had a few glass tanks break.
Apparently not all of them as mine is frosted and hasn’t cracked at all. Then again, it could be related to the lemon I have, which doesn’t give off the typical “zest” flavour.

I use menthol, Koolada or ws23 in all of my mixes. The only cracked tank I had was an acrylic replacement for my Melo 3 tank.

Back