Cube VW Box MOD 3000mAh - OBS

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Cube VW Box MOD 3000mAh from OBS. The Cube VW Box MOD 3000mAh was sent for the the purpose of this review by Pearl from Cigabuy.

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-obs-cu...13145.html

Introduction

The OBS Cube is a device which in my opinion has a stunning looking form factor, it just looks great. A very simple device which has just variable wattage and that's it, so simply set your wattage and vape. The device has an inbuilt 3000mAh built in battery and fires up to 80W. A simple device so a short review as i could find nothing but subjective cons to the individual, what is a con to someone can be a pro to others, so let's crack on!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Box

Contents:

1x Cube MOD
1x USB Cable
1x User Manual
1x warranty card

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Cube comes in usual cardboard box with sleeve packaging and once opened i was met my a small device with a very pleasant unique form factor. I received the Gunmetal version, it's also available in Black, Chrome, Blue, Rainbow and Red. The Cube is a small device and has a cube or rectangular shape with all 4 sides having identical measurements. All 4 sides also have a pill shaped section, 2 opposites have a brushed finish with Silver rim while the other 2 opposites have a mirrored finish with Gunmetal rim. One side has a design and "CUBE" printed, opposite this side we have the side which houses the screen. The 2 brushed finish sides see's one featureless while the other has a large round fire button towards the top and lined up vertically underneath 2 smaller up and down round buttons followed by the USB port at the bottom, all buttons have a very nice machined finish. All 4 top and bottom corners are rounded off to give the device a round base and to meet the top 510 plate. The base has printed safety stamps and branding as well as a central ventilation hole, moving to the top we have a large 510 plate with Gold plated spring loaded 510. The Cube is extremely well made and feels very comfortable in the hand.

Cube Specs and Features:

Size: 31 x 81.5mm
Max Wattage: 80W
Battery: Built-in 23600 battery with 3000mAh capacity
Working Mode: VW
In-put: 5V 1.5A
Screen: 0.96 inch LED
Charging Time: 2-3 hours
Material: Zinc Alloy
Portable 80W box kit with high-tech appearance
Advanced VW mode with intelligent protection
0.96 inch LED screen with exquisite buttons
3000mAh high rate safe and durable battery
Ergonomic design and comfortable grip
Thread: 510
Colours: Black, Chrome, Gunmetal, Blue, Rainbow, Red

The Display

The display is bright and clear with all important information available to view. Top left we have the word "POWER", to the right is the battery status bar. Underneath is the wattage and to the right of this is both "W" to show it's wattage that is being displayed and a padlock which disappears when you unlock the device. Further down we have the resistance followed by the voltage then the puffs an finally seconds vaped.

Using the Cube

The Cube is the usual 5 clicks to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off, once on the device is locked indicated on the display by a padlock icon but the device will still fire. To alter the wattage you need to unlock the device that can be done by either 3 quick presses of the up button or 3 quick presses of the down button, once unlocked indicated by the padlock disappearing the wattage can be altered using the up and down buttons. When you take a vape the padlock reappears and the buttons are locked so the wattage can't be altered by accident, it will annoy some people having to press a button 3 times before being able to alter the wattage but most will find it a great feature so the wattage won't alter accidentally and after all surely once your wattage is set why would you constantly need to change it. The only thing to point out which may be a con to some but personally i couldn't care less is the puff counter zero's every time the device is turned off.

My Experience Using The Cube

I love this device, simple and responsive with absolutely no delay whatsoever. The Cube feels so comfortable in the hand and the fire button feels very nice. I used many different atty's i have been testing over the last couple of weeks and all wattage's i vaped at seem accurate. Up to 26mm tanks sit really nice on the Cube but im my opinion even a 28mm will look good. The 3000mAh battery seemed better than claimed but maybe that's helped by the simple nature of the device and lasted me pretty much all day and i vape a lot. The fact it has an internal battery again will be a con to some but a pro to others, the device supports up to 1.5A charging so will charge in roughly 2.5 hours.

Pros

Very good build quality
Unique look
In my opinion aesthetically superb
Very comfortable to hold and fire
Performed well
Fires instantly
26mm without overhang (even 28mm will look good in my opinion)
Very good battery life
Need to press up or down button 3 times to alter wattage (pro to some)
Internal battery (pro to some)
Very simple to use
Firmware upgradeable

Cons

Need to press up or down button 3 times to alter wattage (con to some)
Puff counter resets every time the device is turned off (con to some)
Internal battery (again con to some)
Simple, no temp control etc (con to some)

I would once again like to thank Pearl from Cigabuy for supplying the OBS Cube VW Box MOD 3000mAh for the purpose of this review.

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-obs-cu...13145.html

Back