DaveH

Vaping Enthusiast
LV

Awards
There are (at the moment) 3 commercial coil heads available:
SS316 0.5ohm
SS316 1.0ohm
Clapton 1.5ohm

My first question; why does the 0.5ohm coil head have a gauze whilst the other two do not?
Second question; why is the "best" recommendation for the 0.5ohm VW mode and the 1.0ohm is VT mode?
Dave

There are (at the moment) 3 commercial coil heads available:
SS316 0.5ohm
SS316 1.0ohm
Clapton 1.5ohm

My first question; why does the 0.5ohm coil head have a gauze whilst the other two do not?
Second question; why is the "best" recommendation for the 0.5ohm VW mode and the 1.0ohm is VT mode?
Dave

The .5 runs at a higher power and spits some hot sauce, the grid catches the worst of it.
I didnt get that "best use" either.

@DaveH @blujeenz
Hi fellow vapers.
Where can I buy coils in jhb.
I don't wanna order them cause I hate waiting for vape gear.
Thanks gents

@DaveH @blujeenz
Hi fellow vapers.
Where can I buy coils in jhb.
I don't wanna order them cause I hate waiting for vape gear.
Thanks gents

I once went past there (JHB) back in '88 after a SADF tour in Mamelodi on my way back home to CPT and I didnt really want to explore that town.
Seriously.. I dont know dude, things have changed since I was there last. :)

The .5 runs at a higher power and spits some hot sauce, the grid catches the worst of it.
either.
Thanks @blujeenz I thought (perhaps a silly thought) that the 0.5ohm coil head is for (mainly) direct lung and the gauze was (just in case) to stop any cotton or any other bit going straight into ones lungs.

This is something that bothers me somewhat, even a small part of the coil perhaps going straight into my lungs - this is why I don't do direct to lung.
I'm sure bits of cotton or whatever going straight into my lungs isn't good.
Dave

Thanks @blujeenz I thought (perhaps a silly thought) that the 0.5ohm coil head is for (mainly) direct lung and the gauze was (just in case) to stop any cotton or any other bit going straight into ones lungs.

This is something that bothers me somewhat, even a small part of the coil perhaps going straight into my lungs - this is why I don't do direct to lung.
I'm sure bits of cotton or whatever going straight into my lungs isn't good.
Dave

I puffed on that 0.5 coil and yip, definitely DTL only.
I hear you on the the sheltered lungs thing, the silica wick coming apart on my older evod's gave me the heebie jeebies.

Back