Day 2 of vaping - already considering upgrade

Thanks Andre, I've started with the Twisp and found it to be a bit "sluggish." Is it possible to use the battery of the twisp, or rather the Spinner?

If you buy the MPT3, you can use the Twisp battery. But it will barely run the mAN if at all. The mAN needs proper power.

But I would say get the Spinner if you are serious about vaping.

I use a Spinner at home with my mAN and EVOD (similar to Twisp) batteries with the MPT3 at work. And let me tell you, the difference is huge. I save all my "better" juices for the Spinner.

The MPT3 also works better with the Spinner. The changeable volts and more power means much better vape. More taste, more vapour... Everything is just better.

Sent via a NASA satellite which gathers my thoughts and relays them to the world

Just a point on the mini aspire nautilus
Not sure of the power output of the spinner 2 but I found it worked much better on my SVD at around 11 to 13 watts than on my Spinner 1.

Not sure of the power output of the spinner 2 but I found it worked much better on my SVD at around 11 to 13 watts than on my Spinner 1.

I think the Spinner 2 runs max 8 watts.

Sent via a NASA satellite which gathers my thoughts and relays them to the world

The Spinner II is adjustable from 3.3v to 4.8v. The 2 original mAN coils come in at around 1.9 ohms, which at 4.8 volts is around 12.1 watts.
Replacement coils I got recently seem to be 1.5 ohm, which should be about 15.3 watts at 4.8 volts.

The fact that you can tweak the voltage to your liking is already a very cost-effective upgrade from any fixed-voltage starter system, especially if you are going to try various juices.

I still frequently use my Twisp battery with the mPT3 or an EVOD while sitting in traffic, even with all the other devices within my reach.

The Spinner 2 is graded to 4.8V, which is around 14W on the 1.6 ohm coil (I think) of the mAN. That is more than enough power. HRH runs her mAN on the IPV at 7W all the time.

From what i can remember, most ego style batteries have a 2.5 amp limit. If it goes over the 2.5 amp limit, it will drop the voltage.

A friend asked me recently why there was not much difference between in the power on different settings with the batteries with the new low resistance dual coils. Someone with an inline volt meter should be able to test this.

Well I don't really understand all this :)

What I can say is, I run the mAN with 1,6 ohm coils on the Spinner (which I thought runs at 8 watts)... And I only ever adjust the Spinner from 3.8 to 4.3v.

And that little set up, I can tell you, is a little slice of heaven!

*i can actually hear the heavy mod and REO users laughing at me.*

But honestly, it's awesome.

Well I don't really understand all this :)

What I can say is, I run the mAN with 1,6 ohm coils on the Spinner (which I thought runs at 8 watts)... And I only ever adjust the Spinner from 3.8 to 4.3v.

And that little set up, I can tell you, is a little slice of heaven!

*i can actually hear the heavy mod and REO users laughing at me.*

But honestly, it's awesome.

This Reo user is not laughing at you - am just as confused. But your practical experience with that combo gives me peace of mind that @raymond should be fine with it.

From what i can remember, most ego style batteries have a 2.5 amp limit. If it goes over the 2.5 amp limit, it will drop the voltage.

A friend asked me recently why there was not much difference between in the power on different settings with the batteries with the new low resistance dual coils. Someone with an inline volt meter should be able to test this.

Thanks @yuganp

I think you are right. I recall a 2.5 amp limit being mentioned on these devices - but I also recall confusion on ECF regarding this. Some said 2 amps, some said 2.5 and some said 3 amps. The specs on these things seldom give the amp limit. I don't know why they don't give the amp limit.

At a maximum of 2.5 amps and a stock mAN coil of 1.8 ohms, the max power you can get is P=I*I*R = 11 Watts.
So that should be fine.

Maybe my Spinner 1 only had 2 amps which would then only generate a max of 7.2 Watts on that coil - maybe that's why I felt in practice it was better on the SVD which could push out more power.

Hello again guys,

So I bit the bullet and went out to Vape King this weekend to buy the Vision Spinner 2 and Kangerteck Genitank...

All I can say is - WOW!

The difference in throat hit and flavour compared to the Eleaf is amazing. With this I definitely will not go back to the stinkies!

I also bought some of Vape King's watermelon flavour, it is absolutely delicious and I just want to vape on it all day, non-stop.

Question!

The Genitank comes with dual coils in the box, but is it possible to still use single coils with this tank?

Awesome, way to go. The Genitank is a Kangertech product and their coils are quite interchangeable, so a single coil might fit, but am not sure. Give it a try.

Hello again guys,

So I bit the bullet and went out to Vape King this weekend to buy the Vision Spinner 2 and Kangerteck Genitank...

All I can say is - WOW!

The difference in throat hit and flavour compared to the Eleaf is amazing. With this I definitely will not go back to the stinkies!

I also bought some of Vape King's watermelon flavour, it is absolutely delicious and I just want to vape on it all day, non-stop.

Question!

The Genitank comes with dual coils in the box, but is it possible to still use single coils with this tank?

If one uses single coils in the tank the liquid will just leak out. If you compare the two coils next to each other the single coil is smaller than the dual coil.

Thanks @Riddle ,

The reason I ask is that I want to be able to replace the wick with cotton like I did with my Eleaf coils, but with the dual coil I can't see the wick and have no clue how to take the thing apart properly without breaking it.

I haven't tried it with the upgraded dual coil yet but the old dual coils I opened and re wicked already.

@Riddle

Where do I learn how to do this with the dual coils, are there videos somewhere I can have a look at?

youtube bro.
rip trippers usually has a vid for verything

Great, thanks for the help guys, will try and find vids later - I should be working now. :oops:

Here is a vid, but not for the upgraded coils. Could not find anything on the latter.

@Riddle

Where do I learn how to do this with the dual coils, are there videos somewhere I can have a look at?

Have a look on Google and YouTube. .. I have never searched for doing the upgraded 1. Only did the older 1 with the wicks sticking out

Hi Guys,

So I'm looking at getting replacement dual coils for the Genitank and Vape King has 3 types of dual coils at different ohms:

0.8 ohm
1.5 ohm
1.8 ohm

I don't really know how all this works yet so I hope someone could explain to me how the different ohm levels affect the vape? Which should I be getting? I'm using a Vision Spinner 2.

Hi Guys,

So I'm looking at getting replacement dual coils for the Genitank and Vape King has 3 types of dual coils at different ohms:

0.8 ohm
1.5 ohm
1.8 ohm

I don't really know how all this works yet so I hope someone could explain to me how the different ohm levels affect the vape? Which should I be getting? I'm using a Vision Spinner 2.
Methinks the lower the resistance the more power you can access from your Spinner. Do not know how they vary the resistances - by using thicker/thinner wire or by making less/more wraps. Probably best to go for the middle one as you could then get the best of both worlds.

Hi Guys,

0.8 ohm
1.5 ohm
1.8 ohm

Basically the lower you go down the ohm range the more effective it gets at vaporizing the liquid, you'll get a fuller, warmer vape the lower you go but at the cost of vaping time off the battery so you'll need to charge more often. I suggest starting at the top and work your way down. I'm assuming that you're using 1.8 ohm already, so go for the 1.5. There should also be a 1.2 ohm, perhaps they just don't have stock.

I can't find the specs right now but make sure that the vision spinner 2 will fire a 0.8 (sub ohm) coil, most batteries are limited so as not to pull more current than the internal cell can handle.

I can't find the specs right now but make sure that the vision spinner 2 will fire a 0.8 (sub ohm) coil, most batteries are limited so as not to pull more current than the internal cell can handle.

i had my kayfun on a vision spinner running at 0.7ohms. actually worked ok but nothing close to a mech mod. but still worked

Hi @Wesley

Even though a lower ohm coil may fire on a regulated battery (like a Spinner) it doesnt mean you are getting the power you may think.

Not sure about the Spinner 2 but I suspect it may have a 2.5 amp current limit. In that case, going down to 0.8 ohms either wont fire or if it does, you are not getting the power you may think.

I would say try the 1.8 and the 1.5 and see the difference. I doubt the 0.8 will help much on the Spinner.

Back