Day 2 of vaping - already considering upgrade

Wesley

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
Hello Forum,

So I've been vaping for 2 days, started with an Eleaf Ikit non-VV and it has been awesome (not touched a stinky since).

However I've been lurking around the forum here and realising there is better out there, so am already considering upgrading and would like your advice.

I've seen many good things on here about a Kangertech Mini Protank 3 and Vision Spinner 2 combination, is this good for a newbie?

I don't want to get into the whole rebuilding and making coils thing, I just want to vape, so want something that vapes well and is relatively simple to use.

If I buy those two pieces, would I need to buy anything else to start vaping? Or do I just connect those two pieces, add juice, and vape away? And can I use the Eleaf battery on the Protank?

Really looking forward to responses before I click 'buy'...

Hello Forum,

So I've been vaping for 2 days, started with an Eleaf Ikit non-VV and it has been awesome (not touched a stinky since).

However I've been lurking around the forum here and realising there is better out there, so am already considering upgrading and would like your advice.

I've seen many good things on here about a Kangertech Mini Protank 3 and Vision Spinner 2 combination, is this good for a newbie?

I don't want to get into the whole rebuilding and making coils thing, I just want to vape, so want something that vapes well and is relatively simple to use.

If I buy those two pieces, would I need to buy anything else to start vaping? Or do I just connect those two pieces, add juice, and vape away? And can I use the Eleaf battery on the Protank?

I started with a evod kit.
Then upgraded to a mvp2 with iclear xi. Very good device, can set volts from 3.3-5
Watts from 6-11
Shows battery life
Shows puffs
Can read ohms when u get into rebuilding later on (which u definitely will) and can even charge ur phone
Has a huge 2600mah battery, more than double ur current battery size
Mini pro tank 3 will work nicely on there
Can't ever go wrong with a mvp2. Still use mine a lot even after buying a reo

I use a Spinner 2 and MPT3 as well as the Nautilus Mini. The Nautilus is better though. It's just a better designed product. And it has airflow control, which together with the spinner's power control, you really get to taste the juice nicely.

I love both. I want more, but I don't actually need more. It's just that silly upgrade bug that won't leave :)

But I would leave the Mini Protank and look at the new KangerTech GeniTank, which now has airflow control.
Vapeking.co.za just got stock - R250.

With that said, the Nautilus BVC coil is probably still better than the coils in the Kanger. But the Nautilus is R400.

i started out with a vv spinner and protank 3 and unitank. awesome combo. i would now however skip the kangertech and go straight to the nautilis or aerotank option.
the forum bug has bitten. before you know it you will have more gear than there are days in the week to vape with

Thanks for all the prompt responses!

I will also look at the Genitank and the Nautilus - can I just connect these to the battery and start vaping? No need to mess around or add anything to the coils or anything like that?

I will also look at the Genitank and the Nautilus - can I just connect these to the battery and start vaping? No need to mess around or add anything to the coils or anything like that?
hi @Wesley

yip thats pretty much it with the commercial tanks- fill em up and vape on

there are many on this forum that can testify to the nautilus, so that would be a good way to go.

as for the battery, you have many options.

what your budget?

jst drip 2 or 3 drops of joose straight into the coil so u dont get a dry hit your first vape. but its pretty much plug n play

...I've seen many good things on here about a Kangertech Mini Protank 3 and Vision Spinner 2 combination, is this good for a newbie?

Hi @Wesley,

Welcome to the forum & great move on taking up vaping.

In a nutshell, the Vision Spinner 2 and Mini Protank 3 is a great combo for many new and 'pro' vapers, which is why you will see it mentioned frequently. Most people are quite content & happy with that combo as it's small and portable. You can start vaping with that straight away, assuming you also get some quality juice, and the battery is charged.
The only drawback that some of the Vision Spinner II users experience, is that with a normal charger a few users get issues where the battery does not fully charge in one cycle. If disconnected from the charger & reconnected again, the charge cycle usually continues.
If you do go for the Vision Spinner, make sure you get the specific Vision Spinner charger with the unit, not a generic one.

Another 'similar' device to consider is the Itaste CLK1280, which is also a variable voltage battery, but slightly less oomph than the Spinner at 1280 mah vs the 1650 mah of the Spinner II v2. The upside is that the CLK supports passthrough, which means you can vape whilst charging it.

The CLK comes with a micro USB charger cable, so any USB port / mains adapter you already have can be used. That would usually make up for the extra R100 or so that you'd pay for the Spinner specific charger.

I hope this helps somewhat on pulling the trigger or not.

Thanks @Riaz

Well I just spent R1300 on the Eleafs (got one for my lady as well) and flavours, so looking at purchasing new pieces one by one over the next two months or so - let's say budget of under R1000?

Hello Forum,

Hi @Wesley , the mpt3 and Spinner 2 should work well.
I would suggest getting that dedicated spinner 2 charger given what some folk say about charging it with other chargers
Yes, the mpt3 should work on the eleaf battery but the VV aspect of the Spinner 2 will allow you to vary the voltage to get a better more powerful and customised vape depending on what juice you are using.

If you like box mods and are not into rebuildable coils, the MVP 2 is hard to beat in my view.

That looks pretty cool @bjorncoetsee, but for now I'm into the pen style - I'm still getting over the cravings for stinkies and holding my PV like a stinky helps! I've realised getting over them is almost entirely a psychological thing.

That looks pretty cool @bjorncoetsee, but for now I'm into the pen style - I'm still getting over the cravings for stinkies and holding my PV like a stinky helps! I've realised getting over them is almost entirely a psychological thing.
True that it is psychological. Wonder what a blind person experience when switching from cigarettes to vaping, as it has a lot to do with seeing the smoke for us.

Indeed @bjorncoetsee

As disgusting as it is I sometimes actually miss the smell of smoke on my fingers. I find that doing everything I did when smoking stinkies helps a lot, like going outside to vape, having an ashtray nearby (this one confuses my stinky colleagues) etc...

Don't feel shy about upgrading so soon. I went straight from GreenSmoke cig-a-likes to full mech and dripper in less than a month. Took me a few hours on youtube to learn about coil building, ohms law and battery safety.
It's really fun once you get into it and the vape meetings are just great.
Welcome and enjoy your new home ;)

Thanks @zadiac

I'm not sure about getting into building coils, I'm useless with my fingers and small items so will probably burn / electrocute / embarrass myself!

Besides, I started playing golf recently which has already grown into an obsession, if I develop another obsession I won't have any time for my girlfriend!

Thanks @zadiac

I'm not sure about getting into building coils, I'm useless with my fingers and small items so will probably burn / electrocute / embarrass myself!

Besides, I started playing golf recently which has already grown into an obsession, if I develop another obsession I won't have any time for my girlfriend!

@Wesley, its really not that bad at all, quite simple actually
Way, way easier than that bunker shot ;-)

But many are more than happy to stay on commercial tanks and coils

Jusy do me a favour and come to the next JHB vape meet and take a toot or two on some higher powered gear. Then you can decide for yourself ;-)

@Silver, I'd rather land in a bunker than burn my fingers

But definitely interested in one of these vape meets, how do we get notified?

@Silver, I'd rather land in a bunker than burn my fingers

But definitely interested in one of these vape meets, how do we get notified?

Lol, you will only burn your fingers if you press the fire button for a few seconds while gripping the coil
Never hapened to me yet and I have built many coils
Id rather build a coil quietly in the evening than land in a deep bunker with everyone watching.....

As for the vape meets, keep your eye on this forum
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/forums/vape-meets-and-events/

The next JHB vape meet will be vape meet #6. When it starts to get organised you will see a new thread appear

You can check out what happened at vape meet #5 by clicking on the vape meet #5 thread which is a sticky thread at the top

The next vape meet should be in about a month or two

Okay, so let's say I get the Spinner v2 and the MPT3... What more do I need the complete the set? I like BIG CLOUDS of vape! Is this the way to go? Please excuse the stupid questions!

Okay, so let's say I get the Spinner v2 and the MPT3... What more do I need the complete the set? I like BIG CLOUDS of vape! Is this the way to go? Please excuse the stupid questions!
The only stupid questions are the ones not asked.
For really BIG CLOUDS you need to go the rebuildable route. And you will probably go there eventually.
In the mean time, for me the best clouds with a commercial tank is the mAN (mini Aspire Nautilus). Also great flavour. Any VV battery (like the Vision Spinner 2) will serve. For longer battery life look at the MVP.
EDIT: What more you ask: Nothing really other than spare coils for your chosen clearomizer. And remember, whilst your Spinner is charging (which takes a few hours) you need a spare battery. And do get the real Spinner charger.

The only stupid questions are the ones not asked.
For really BIG CLOUDS you need to go the rebuildable route. And you will probably go there eventually.
In the mean time, for me the best clouds with a commercial tank is the mAN (mini Aspire Nautilus). Also great flavour. Any VV battery (like the Vision Spinner 2) will serve. For longer battery life look at the MVP.
EDIT: What more you ask: Nothing really other than spare coils for your chosen clearomizer. And remember, whilst your Spinner is charging (which takes a few hours) you need a spare battery. And do get the real Spinner charger.
Thanks Andre, I've started with the Twisp and found it to be a bit "sluggish." Is it possible to use the battery of the twisp, or rather the Spinner?

Back