Dead Rabbit SQ (22mm, BF, Single Coil)

Chukin'Vape

Flavour Ninja
LV

Awards
So I was watching a video where heathen reviewed the pulse mech squonker - and he mentioned in this video that he is busy with the final touches on the new Dead Rabbit SQ - which is specifically designed for squonking single coilers. This obviously had me excited. So I thought I would start a thread on this new bad boy hitting the streets.

If you have any pics, or information please post in this thread.
upload_2017-11-21_8-49-22.png
upload_2017-11-21_8-49-44.png

Check the new video where the deck, etc is revealed. Availability is said to be in two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this will be perfect for the RSQ ..... and MTL option winner winner tjoppie dinner!

When will it reach the shores of SA?

nice, I have the 24mm rabbit. whats the major difference performance wise? I loce my rabbit but do I realy need the rsq?

Ye my bad i meant to say is it in SA yet :)

As soon as this comes out I am grabbing it was the RSQ

Looks like Noonclouds (supporting vendor on here) in centurion have just got them in today
Me thinks these are gonna sell out quick
Www.noonclouds.co.za
1cac7fb21f714031f3266c6439407f0f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Got mine today from noonclouds... Initial impressions to follow shortly.

Last edited:
@Amir oooooooh you lucky fish ! Hope we see this is in Durban soon.

Initial impressions:
Presentation is pretty much as expected. Neat little cardboard box that houses the atty with goon style drip tip pre installed, and spares which include o-rings, 2 sets of post screws, a mtl drip tip, an 810 longish drip tip and a 510 drip tip adapter. A neat flat head screw driver and Allen keys for squonk pin which is pre installed.

620093017a09856c3b1952c2f784309a.jpg

Build quality is as good as the previous. Stuff fits together well and has enough resistance to remain that way even when lubed up. Post screws are nicely slotted and threaded and move well enough without being loose and flimsy. Posts are solidly in place and I really fancy the split juice inlet port that allows squonked juice to distribute evenly in the juice well

c9cd97a5638d8e0687f61fa461d2a633.jpg
fd3eb77ecf2594d37b2f62701d51a47f.jpg

Also has this ledge thing that prevents the top cap from turning freely when adjusting airflow or screwing the atty on to the mod

0db8eb59757437eff0aa639e97bbc1a1.jpg

Throwing in a build was relatively easy considering it’s a postless deck and you have to guesstimate where to pre-clip the coil legs and how to position the coil correctly in relation to the airflow. Made easier by eye balling the height of the airflow slot against the height of the post and making an informed guess.

f494899aa771831ea7cb51e7a088aec3.jpg

Wicked tightly with CBV2, I love that stuff, fluff, thin with hooked tweezers and trim... I measured the length of wick tails against the base of the RDA Mike Vape’s style and got it perfectly right so that it barely touches the bottom of the RDA.

776cb0488a66a599f1119ecda13de879.jpg

Got the squonking started by dripping directly onto the coil and wick to speed up the process

7ae7366a2f664a72561105695fe0fcf9.jpg

Reassembled on the RSQ and ready to Vape

4eb4252a9f982ff50049b88de92ce78c.jpg

10082354633080726ce93138836e57bf.jpg

Vape quality... hmmm... with the position of the slanted airflow slots, over squonking is damn near impossible. This is an almost full RSQ bottle completely compressed...

e7996c650c9085f115031322b819af85.jpg

Keep in mind that the cleverly positioned airflow also means that there’s much more room in the RDA for air to swirl around making the Vape more airy and less flavorful than other 22mm RDA’s. You can close down the airflow like I’ve done to just a hair less than half way which does make a significant difference.

Flavor isn’t quite off the charts as yet, but this is initial impressions and there’s a lot of room for improvement with coil positioning etc... it does look promising so far tho because I’m using a juice I know and love... just feels a bit too tame with the .9ohm fused Clapton build that I currently have... definitely needs something bigger and badder with the size of the chamber and amount of room you have to work with.

In a nutshell... a well put together package at an affordable price with options to suit every kind of single coil vaper, from airflow hogs to mtl guys, fat goon style tips to tiny nipple tips... it’s an RDA for everyone.

Also finding flavour to be good, though not the greatest on the SQ. It’s a great carry though and the pros definitely outweigh the ‘not outstanding’ flavour.

Great feedback
Thanks @Amir !

Also finding flavour to be good, though not the greatest on the SQ. It’s a great carry though and the pros definitely outweigh the ‘not outstanding’ flavour.

I think I’ve come to a point in my vaping career where nothing outweighs the flavor. I’d happily compromise on over squonking, reduced capacity, hard to build... the list is endless. I’ve settled on a BB with Exocet, skyline, gloom with flave 22 and rsq with hadaly.

Great feedback
Thanks @Amir !

It’s a pleasure. Was really looking forward to this one but I have to say that if you’re looking for hadaly/flave/narda type of flavor then this one won’t cut it in my humble opinion. There are others, I’m sure, who have more patience to figure out coil height etc but in today’s day and age, attys like the flave and entheon with the simplicity in coil positioning etc that just work right off the bat are more my line. I don’t want to have to exercise thinking capacity and intuition just to get a decent vape.

If it shows promise on the first attempt then I’d be a bit more keen on getting the most out of it but so far the SQ is pretty much just ‘meh’. It’s well rounded in everything but excels in nothing... kinda like a jack of all trades thing

If you have @Amir could you do a comparison of them both please brother?

I love my DR 24 and i use it in single coil only and get amazing flavour from it.

My 2 top RDA are the DR 24 and flave 24, i have many others but none come close to these 2 giants for me.

Back