Dead Rabbit SQ (22mm, BF, Single Coil)

Didnt you enjoy the Dead Rabbit 24
I do .... still own it but the 24 is not only designed for descent flavour but also for larger air involvement ....... geared for the Goon, Recoil, CSMNT style vapers. The 22mm version just looks to try and imitate that but on a smaller scale.
I hope i am wrong but decided no impulse buys in 2018. :)

I do .... still own it but the 24 is not only designed for descent flavour but also for larger air involvement ....... geared for the Goon, Recoil, CSMNT style vapers. The 22mm version just looks to try and imitate that but on a smaller scale.
I hope i am wrong but decided no impulse buys in 2018. :)

Ah ok i hear you.
I feel the same way and also see no need for the 22 as the 24 serves me well.

Its the same desighn just with 2 posts removed and 2mm smaller chamber if one really thinks 2mm is gonna make all that diffrence then fill your chamber with cotton.

Strictly speaking 22mm reduced chamber flavour atty's. ......... i would get a Hadaly clone above an authentic Entheon. Also see if they have the YFTK Sentinel RDA in stock in the UK. Gives you a 90% piece of the Hadaly pie experience. Great flavour and very attractive looking as an added bonus.

I'm confused so Sentinel has 'top' airflow same as SQ Entheon has side airflow but Sentinel beats Entheon yet SQ doesn't? Suppose it's the reduced chamber of the Sentinel???..... So many choices....

I'm confused so Sentinel has 'top' airflow
Yea .... but remember the airflow only enters at the top from the outside then goes down inside the cap and exits about 7 mm lower than the initial entry point making it hit the coils at the perfect angle.
sentinel.jpg

Also bear in mind that the height (without the driptips) of the Sentinel is +-17mm while that of the SQ is +- 24mm and this allows for a smaller airflow chamber which i should think could also make a difference.
As i said ..... i might be wrong .... this was only a prediction. :)

Last edited:
I have to admit - i'm also a skeptic...... but I was also a skeptic of the DR24, and it totally blew my mind how successful that atty was. So let the oke's who have the unit talk about it, I also agree the chamber is too big - and the airflow is not necessary ideal. But word for word, that is what I thought of the DR24. So lets see where this goes.

Last edited:
I just been reading over my posts and realised i haven't actually put across what im trying to say.

I love my DR24 and i believe the DR22SQ will be just as good less the versatility of either single or dual coil.

Yes the Dead Rabbit 24 does produce awesome flavour in single coil and i have no need to stick a dual coil in it.

Basically my point is if you have a DR24 then getting a DR22 is pointless.
2mm does not make a diffrence in flavour and if it does it will be ever so slightly you wont even notice.

As i said above if you really feel 1mm on either side is gonna make a diffrence then stick more cotton in your chamber.

Yes, BUT a few improvements to the 22 has made a difference - for me. As I posted earlier, I have 4 DR24's (overkill i know) and the 22 definitely has its place. I use the DR22 as a dedicated single coil squanking RDA on the RSQ and its a winner. Sure, you can stick a single coil in the 24 but it felt a bit 'hollow' to me - too much room left in an already massive chamber. I know the 1mm on either side sounds irrelevant but it works...well.

"The Dead Rabbit SQ is not just a 22mm version of the Dead Rabbit it is a single coil flavor RDA. Keeping true to the Rabbit Ear design and innovative airflow of the original I‘ve affixed a key feature of a barrel lock, and supplemented the airflow to allow for Mouth to Lung Vaping. The SQ works great as a single coil dripper but was built from the ground up as a Squonking RDA. A gold plated BF pin is pre-installed so you can jump right into it."

I just been reading over my posts and realised i haven't actually put across what im trying to say.

I love my DR24 and i believe the DR22SQ will be just as good less the versatility of either single or dual coil.

Yes the Dead Rabbit 24 does produce awesome flavour in single coil and i have no need to stick a dual coil in it.

Basically my point is if you have a DR24 then getting a DR22 is pointless.
2mm does not make a diffrence in flavour and if it does it will be ever so slightly you wont even notice.

As i said above if you really feel 1mm on either side is gonna make a diffrence then stick more cotton in your chamber.

Hey bud would you mind taking pics of the dead rabbits on the rsq as i want to see what the black and silver look like on it, also what colour is your RSQ ?

Hey bud would you mind taking pics of the dead rabbits on the rsq as i want to see what the black and silver look like on it, also what colour is your RSQ ?

I dont have a RSQ brother sorry. My personal opinion matchy matchy always looks best but it doesn't look bad if you have some contrast either.

Especially with the silver RSQ as you have black detail in the panels so either silver or black atties would look good on the Silver RSQ.

Go further up this thread for my SQ review using he RSQ to power it. Plenty pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, BUT a few improvements to the 22 has made a difference - for me. As I posted earlier, I have 4 DR24's (overkill i know) and the 22 definitely has its place. I use the DR22 as a dedicated single coil squanking RDA on the RSQ and its a winner. Sure, you can stick a single coil in the 24 but it felt a bit 'hollow' to me - too much room left in an already massive chamber. I know the 1mm on either side sounds irrelevant but it works...well.

"The Dead Rabbit SQ is not just a 22mm version of the Dead Rabbit it is a single coil flavor RDA. Keeping true to the Rabbit Ear design and innovative airflow of the original I‘ve affixed a key feature of a barrel lock, and supplemented the airflow to allow for Mouth to Lung Vaping. The SQ works great as a single coil dripper but was built from the ground up as a Squonking RDA. A gold plated BF pin is pre-installed so you can jump right into it."

Since you have 4x DR24 you the best person to ask how the flavour compares with the 22?

I have the DR24 which I love but I can’t use dual coil on my RSQ so I’m keen on the 22. But if the flavour isn’t intense as the DR24 I might as well keep my Hadaly on the RSQ

I found the secret with the DR SQ 22 is to get the coil down as low as possible to the posts. Mine is literally 1 mm off the posts and flavor is on point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Since you have 4x DR24 you the best person to ask how the flavour compares with the 22?

I have the DR24 which I love but I can’t use dual coil on my RSQ so I’m keen on the 22. But if the flavour isn’t intense as the DR24 I might as well keep my Hadaly on the RSQ

In my opinion the hadaly provides far superior flavor to the DR22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It totally depends on your build. I have Smiley Aliens in there 3mmID, 28/36 which reads 0.29oh. At 40 on the RSQ it is on par with the DR24 - no doubt. As per @Blends Of Distinction and @Amir, build as low as possible and you will be good to go!

I’ll try and post up a pic of my black RSQ and silver Dead rabbit sq rda later if I can.

Obviously with my Black Dead rabbit it looks very nice but with the silver version of the sq it doesn’t look too bad actuallyvv

Well I suppose stick a dual coil into any 22mm RDA and you'll get double the flavor ? :p

Not many reduced chamber 22's can take dual builds though .... hmmm I'm intrigued maybe a shootout between the DR24 ad the DR22 ?

So, based on the post by @Chukin'Vape, I did a dual coil build in the SQ and we have a winner!!!

I used 24g Haywire Ni, 2mm ID, 8 wraps - reading 0.21o. Running it at 40w and she is chucking clouds like a mofo. The flavour, as mentioned by @BigGuy, has definitely improved with this build and it is on par (perhaps better...?) with the DR24.

I know it is a bit counter-intuitive to stick a dual coil in a 22mm, single coil designed atty but it really works. What it does is to fill up the very specious chamber which is very airy on a single coil.

Whatever it may be, it works...

IMG_7673.jpg IMG_7674.jpg

Well I suppose stick a dual coil into any 22mm RDA and you'll get double the flavor ? :p

Not many reduced chamber 22's can take dual builds though .... hmmm I'm intrigued maybe a shootout between the DR24 ad the DR22 ?

Exactly - many people will ask, why build a dual coil in a single coil device. Here's the thing - if it can fit a dual coil then the device is only showing versatility. At the same time it will further reduce the chamber, which is likely to make the flavour pop.

I like it when there are negatives on a product because then my expectations are low... I purposely got the Dead Rabbit SQ because I am a serial over squonker and it drives me insane! I got back from holiday this afternoon and it was part of some vape mail waiting for me... I popped in a @smilelykumeenit 3mm fused clapton which came out at 0.34Ω and I'm firing it at 28 watts on top of my Therion BF DNA75C. I must say I really like it! Let's see how I get on with it in the next few days! It was a simple build and wicking.
Dead Rabbit SQ 002.JPG

I like it when there are negatives on a product because then my expectations are low... I purposely got the Dead Rabbit SQ because I am a serial over squonker and it drives me insane! I got back from holiday this afternoon and it was part of some vape mail waiting for me... I popped in a @smilelykumeenit 3mm fused clapton which came out at 0.34Ω and I'm firing it at 28 watts on top of my Therion BF DNA75C. I must say I really like it! Let's see how I get on with it in the next few days! It was a simple build and wicking.
View attachment 120063

Exact same drip tip I use on my SS dead rabbit sq with my rsq squonker lol.

I’ve had my entheon for a few days and have used it with a couple of my favourite juices. But to me my dead rabbit sq is better flavour wise. Don’t get me wrong I like my entheon and will continue to use it, along with the dead rabbit 24mm. But at the moment, the dead rabbit sq just edges the entheon for me.

On a sad note, seems like FT have discontinued the lost vape therion bf mod. Well the one I wanted which was a black one with the pearl fish door. I could buy it here in the U.K. but would cost me a fair bit more compared to FT. Although I could buy a black therion bf with a bull ostrich door and buy the pearl fish door separately. FT do the doors separate but then works out to about the same price here in the U.K. eurghh lol.

Mind you FT have discontinued certain products but then put them back on sale, so may just hang fire and see if that particular mod comes back.

Uhhh sorry for going off topic lol.

Back