Did you have a job when you were in high school?

I worked at a hairdresser every Sat. morning, as a hair-washer.

Yes, I did! I worked at a Chicken Farm sorting the egg-laying chickens from the ones that went for slaughter!
Chciken.jpg

I also worked at Film Fun rewinding films and fixing breaks in the film!
film-reel-roll-02.jpg

I used to waiter at Spur, Bought my first motorbike with money saved, Honda VFR400:

fr_201872122149.jpg

And also used to sell news papers mostly sunday times and some other on very early sunday mornings. Got picked up and all the guys were dropped off with their news papers on a corner and used to sell, made some lekker money with tips or "keep the change"

846-03163217en_Masterfile.jpg

Building sites doing painting and learning construction.
Plastic Crate "Welding"

Yes I worked as a golden feather at spur and then worked at mr price as a cashier

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

@Rob Fisher
The first one sounds awful! So how did you know which ones had to be slaughtered?

The second job is unique nowadays!

I had to feel the chickens rear end and the soft and flabby ones were the egg layers and the hard and good looking ones were for eating! :)

Worked holidays on a potato farm. It was the farm of Anton Goosen's brother. Not that it matters, but yes, I did know the a$$hole.

Cellphone and pc repairs, vhs to dvd conversions, also weekends, holidays, after school hours at a cinema. Sometimes when the projector belts would snap I'd be sitting in the projection room turning the reel by hand for 2+ hours to make sure the film all returned into the empty spool properly. While studying with a small headlamp on. Textbook in one hand, spoiling the movie reel with the other.

Delivered news papers during the week and on weekends worked as a cashier at Hyperama.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Salesman at the Big L factory outlet and often worked as a promoter for the creative council... Was good at it if I may add haha, sold out my second product which was utter rubbish, JELLY TOT JUICE, was promoted to being a promoter of electronic products such as play station and Xbox when in matric

Salesman at the Big L factory outlet and often worked as a promoter for the creative council... Was good at it if I may add haha, sold out my second product which was utter rubbish, JELLY TOT JUICE, was promoted to being a promoter of electronic products such as play station and Xbox when in matric

@Jengz - you are a star promoter!

@Jengz - you are a star promoter!
Hahaha I sold out makro! Two guys running Babi stores in one of the locations came and I sold them 6 cases each of the horrible stuff, felt bad but hey I needed the dough!

Hahaha I sold out makro! Two guys running Babi stores in one of the locations came and I sold them 6 cases each of the horrible stuff, felt bad but hey I needed the dough!
Nice one! Still in sales?

Nice one! Still in sales?
Wish I was, in education now... Own an institution that provides adult education to previously disadvantage learners as well as learners who left the secular education path and need assistance in order to find jobs and climb the corporate ladder

I forgot the other jobs I didn't get any pay for. Just food and a room. Mowing the lawn, taking out the trash, washing dishes......lol :p

Back