Dissapointed in Asmodus Triad Genesis

Bush Vaper

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Have had it for a week now but only used it for about 2 days. 3ml tank is wayyyy to small for tri coils and vapour production and flavour is average. Anyone have the same experience? Am I doing something wrong? Just feels like a very impractical tank

A lot of these tanks are impractical and really disappointing... I ahve tried a LOT of tanks this year and only a couple have been worthy of paying money for. The two RTA's that have been stand out have been the Serpent Mini 25 and the Merlin Mini... both are super tanks and far beat out the competition in my not so humble opinion.

On commercial coils the same story... stand out for me are the Cerabis 44 and 45, the Melo 3 and Estoc.

Thanks Rob,
Still new at this, so duds are bound to happen! Trail and error. Concept looked good, but execution not so great.

Will look into those tanks. Got a Griffin 25 top airflow and thats not too bad. Just a very bulky tank. Still using a big baby as my out and about tank when im out working on the farm as its easy to maintain and replace coils when I dont have time to fiddle around.

But now im looking for something special to use when im home at night for some good clouds and flavour. Also need a large build deck as I have ten bananas for fingers. Lol

Thanks Rob,
Still new at this, so duds are bound to happen! Trail and error. Concept looked good, but execution not so great.

Will look into those tanks. Got a Griffin 25 top airflow and thats not too bad. Just a very bulky tank. Still using a big baby as my out and about tank when im out working on the farm as its easy to maintain and replace coils when I dont have time to fiddle around.

But now im looking for something special to use when im home at night for some good clouds and flavour. Also need a large build deck as I have ten bananas for fingers. Lol

Either the Serpent Min 25 or Merlin Mini would be a winner for you @Bush Vaper if you build your own coils... Ni80 24g 3mm ID 7 Wraps with Cotton Bacon! Boom! Happiness.

Either the Serpent Min 25 or Merlin Mini would be a winner for you @Bush Vaper if you build your own coils... Ni80 24g 3mm ID 7 Wraps with Cotton Bacon! Boom! Happiness.

I have both of these tanks and they are really good. The big baby beast is also quite good imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still get a shitload of popping from the Ni80 @Rob Fisher

What am I doing wrong? With 316 ssteel i have no popping.

Kidney Puncher Ni80 24ga following your exact recommendation above.

Sent from my Serpent Minikin

I still get a shitload of popping from the Ni80 @Rob Fisher

What am I doing wrong? With 316 ssteel i have no popping.

Kidney Puncher Ni80 24ga following your exact recommendation above.

@boxerulez I'm not sure? You using Cotton Bacon right? Experiment with less then more wicking... I like the wick to be relatively tight in the coil... The only time I ever get popping and spitting is with the fancy coils...

I wonder if any of the experts have a theory because mine never pops?

@boxerulez I'm not sure? You using Cotton Bacon right? Experiment with less then more wicking... I like the wick to be relatively tight in the coil... The only time I ever get popping and spitting is with the fancy coils...

Cotton Bacon yes.

I have been fitting cotton in coil just snug but not tight.

Should it be almost move the coil when feeding it through tight? The juice holes I have sorted it does not leak one bit.

At draws in excess of 4seconds around 40to45 watt I do het dry hits.

Below 30 watts flavour is not on point.

Mine doesnt pop either @Rob Fisher

@boxerulez , I too am using 24g NI80, 7 wraps 3.5mm iD
Cb2 wick
Quite snug - trim the bowties about a third

Maybe its the juice thats giving the popping?

Am currently still vaping a mix of CID and Debbie
But also had no popping or spitting on Frozen or my Strawberry menthol (50/50)
Vaping at about 35 Watts

@boxerulez sounds to me that you have too little cotton in there - it should definitely move the coil/mod if not held when feeding it through. I followed @Rob Fisher and @BigGuy wicking methods (with the bowtie & trim) and have never had any popping/spitting running around 30 watts with 24g 7 wrap Ni80 on 3mm ID
Ill try some extra cotton later... it is tight enough to move the coil/mod if not held. I mean should it tension the coil when holding mod/tab and feeding the cotton through?

I also get popping when using Ni80 - although I only have 26g at the moment.

I have started making 3mm ID, 10 wraps, spaced coils for my dripper and I get popping at times.
I run it at around 60 - 80W though.
Cotton Bacon v2 and even tried the Cotton Candy wicking material.

Ill try some extra cotton later... it is tight enough to move the coil/mod if not held. I mean should it tension the coil when holding mod/tab and feeding the cotton through?
Not entirely sure what you mean, but that sounds excessive so I would say not.
If you've tried having a really good amount of cotton in there and your coil is as above (and not spaced) and it's still spitting, then the only thing I can think that could be causing this is the juice itself, as suggested above? I definitely don't have any spitting using this method though. Maybe a slight crackle (like a nice wet-wick crackle) but nothing more or unpleasant.

Mine doesnt pop either @Rob Fisher

@boxerulez , I too am using 24g NI80, 7 wraps 3.5mm iD
Cb2 wick
Quite snug - trim the bowties about a third

Maybe its the juice thats giving the popping?

Am currently still vaping a mix of CID and Debbie
But also had no popping or spitting on Frozen or my Strawberry menthol (50/50)
Vaping at about 35 Watts

Hi @boxerulez
What juice are you using when you getting the popping?

And when you say popping, what do you mean? An initial few pops, just popping all the way or does it also spit juice?

Hi @boxerulez
What juice are you using when you getting the popping?

And when you say popping, what do you mean? An initial few pops, just popping all the way or does it also spit juice?
Different diy. Not the juice. All of them are fine on ssteel coils.

It is almost like gargling.

No spitting up the chimney though.

On one of the build with less cotton there is one or 2 loud pops and then settles to gargling.

The other 2 I rebuilt yesterday only has gargling.

Different diy. Not the juice. All of them are fine on ssteel coils.

It is almost like gargling.

No spitting up the chimney though.

On one of the build with less cotton there is one or 2 loud pops and then settles to gargling.

The other 2 I rebuilt yesterday only has gargling.

You should first gargle with salt water ;-)

Only kidding

What brand of NI80 wire are you using. Maybe its that

I do also get a bit of a "rumbling" with my SM25 - but its not unpleasant. Its like a deep rumble in the jungle that tells me the juice is being vaporised well. Maybe its just the shape of the tank and how it makes it sound. But nothing wrong with the vape though.

You should first gargle with salt water ;-)

Only kidding

What brand of NI80 wire are you using. Maybe its that

I do also get a bit of a "rumbling" with my SM25 - but its not unpleasant. Its like a deep rumble in the jungle that tells me the juice is being vaporised well. Maybe its just the shape of the tank and how it makes it sound. But nothing wrong with the vape though.
Kidney Puncher.

Still it does not happen with 316ssl? And I want the slightly higher resistance from the ni80.

Kidney Puncher.

Still it does not happen with 316ssl? And I want the slightly higher resistance from the ni80.

Ive never tried SS in the Serpent Mini 25
Do you get the same gargling effect with your NI80 wire in other devices?

@Silver. Can you see a problem? @Rob Fisher
b737fb7d8e56a3022d84823883fe51d7.jpg

I just fired this tank a little dryer and it settled down. Re assembled and first 2 puffs perfect and then it returned.

Is it possible that I have been trimming too much off the bow tie and the ss316l is just handling over saturation better?

Never tried the dual coils... I'm at a loss as what to suggest. :confused:

Your wicks going into the slots are too long . I have them just below the wick ring but not touching the bottom . You can try that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure @boxerulez
All looks good

Maybe you should rather use SS

@Silver. Can you see a problem? @Rob Fisher
b737fb7d8e56a3022d84823883fe51d7.jpg

I just fired this tank a little dryer and it settled down. Re assembled and first 2 puffs perfect and then it returned.

Is it possible that I have been trimming too much off the bow tie and the ss316l is just handling over saturation better?

Your build looks great, i sometimes experience a inconsistent airflow (wich could be described as a gurgle effect) if the space between the airflow and coil is a little crowded with cotton, once the wick is saturated and placed use a allen key to shape the cotton to free up a little room . Hope that helps

Back