Disturbing news from PayFast

So i have been doing a bit of research on the net on a replacement for payfast. What I have read is we can start using Bitcoin as a payment medium. Read more here on how can incorporate Bitcoin: https://www.bitcoin.com/
While bitcoin would work, you still need to buy it from an exchange first. That takes time, you can use the local exchange, but you need to verify first, and it's a process as well. I don't get the issue though, why not just use EFT? Instant of not, it's no hassles

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

While bitcoin would work, you still need to buy it from an exchange first. That takes time, you can use the local exchange, but you need to verify first, and it's a process as well. I don't get the issue though, why not just use EFT? Instant of not, it's no hassles

My first Instant EFT was somewhat onerous and not instant at all.

Payment did not go through my bank (Standard) instantly so, per Payfast's online instructions, I had to email a POP to them for manual processing. Did so and received an automated email in return telling me they would respond within 8 hours (normally much quicker they say). 8 hours later no response. Eventually got a response that my funds are now in their account and, if I did not almost immediately get an email to confirm completion of payment to the vendor, I should use the funds in my wallet to pay the vendor. Needless to say, no payment to the vendor email arrived.

I searched high and low on how to transfer funds from my Payfast wallet to the merchant, but to no avail. Seems to me this method no longer exists.

Eventually phoned them and they could almost instantly do the final transfer. Why they have not done so with the first funds available email is beyond me.

Very poor service.

A normal EFT will be less hassle.

True what you say. For me its all about convenience and integration in your site to make it easier for the customer to purchase.

True what you say. For me its all about convenience and integration in your site to make it easier for the customer to purchase.
Yeah for sure, it does make it easier for the customer to purchase, but it's also difficult for customers to get into

Is this credit card or bank issue. How come we are able to purchase vaping goods for import via paypal and credit card ?

So I'm stressing a bit. I paid for an order using the instant EFT option (I have all of the proof of payment details) and when I tried to complete my order, PayFast failed to connect to the ABSA bank service and couldn't "find" my payment. I triple checked that all the correct details were captured though, so it's not that. So now my order is unprocessed (items still in the cart) while I've already paid. I've emailed their support, as well as the vendor... Has this happened to anyone?

Waiting to hear from either PayFast/the vender...

So I'm stressing a bit. I paid for an order using the instant EFT option (I have all of the proof of payment details) and when I tried to complete my order, PayFast failed to connect to the ABSA bank service and couldn't "find" my payment. I triple checked that all the correct details were captured though, so it's not that. So now my order is unprocessed (items still in the cart) while I've already paid. I've emailed their support, as well as the vendor... Has this happened to anyone?

Waiting to hear from either PayFast/the vender...
Happened to me before, it offered to recheck. So I filled in my payment reference number and it did its thing, and came back with a success message. I've noticed that between doing the EFT and Payfast picking up the payment can take up to 5 minutes.

Happened to me before, it offered to recheck. So I filled in my payment reference number and it did its thing, and came back with a success message. I've noticed that between doing the EFT and Payfast picking up the payment can take up to 5 minutes.
Yeah, I'm getting this error when I try that:
"Unable to find your payment with the default reference"

The reference I used was correct though...
#$%& man...
:(

This whole payment thing is a total pain in the sunshine generator, I'm also sitting with orders in mid air because payments have only gone halfway through, this just creates so much extra PT. But as PayFast has stated this is beyond their control and the banks don't seem to want to play with, this is especially evident around the end of the month.

On a side note, I had problems doing a payment last night on an unrelated website (trying to buy my kid some Lego) using PayU :(

#$%& man...
Send all the details to the support email and then phone them. They will manually process the payment. Such a kak system

#$%& man...

@AlphaDog Once in a blue moon there's a communication error between Payfast and the merchant system. Contact the merchant and ask them to check their account in Payfast whether the money is there but the PF/Merchant update failed. Failing that, ask the merchant to check with Payfast, they are quite good and quick to resolve issues.

It'll be sorted out I'm sure, don't stress.

@AlphaDog Once in a blue moon there's a communication error between Payfast and the merchant system. Contact the merchant and ask them to check their account in Payfast whether the money is there but the PF/Merchant update failed. Failing that, ask the merchant to check with Payfast, they are quite good and quick to resolve issues.

It'll be sorted out I'm sure, don't stress.
Hey, by merchant do you mean the vendor I purchased from?

OK... So I called PayFast now and they sorted it out manually for me. At the same time, the vendor's site got updated and my order is being processed.

Phew... LOL

Thanks all for the replies!

Hi Guys,

Since we have just been hit with the same mails from payfast I thought i would check in to see if you have found alternatives ?

Regards,

Really hope a solution gets worked out eventually. Made orders on three different Vape related websites yesterday all using the Payfast EFT option as CC was not a choice. One went through fine, another wouldn't let us put the order in until we contacted the company to get some references and the last required the long email chains and proof of payment sending that others have described.

The missus was thoroughly triggered and was ready to give up halfway through. I'm not going anywhere and am willing to deal with all this nonsense but what about the people looking to get started or who are half committed to giving up cigarettes? Do they bang their head against a wall all day to get some new coils or just give up and go buy a packet of smokes at the corner cafe?

How come I can still use Payfast / Credit Cards to buy e-juice and e-cigs on Takealot?

Don't get me wrong I don't want that stuff, but am I missing a link here?

How come I can still use Payfast / Credit Cards to buy e-juice and e-cigs on Takealot?

I assume its because its not their main business/product? sort of gets lost in the mix

I guess because they are not a vaping vendor. Or, at least, a lot more than a vaping vendor. So vape returns and chargebacks, as an overall percentage of their business, would be a lot less than a dedicated vape vendor.

Jusses, look at those prices. A grand for 5x30ml bottles of juice. Friends, revolution is the only way forward. Can you feel it?

Can you feel it?

Can you feel it?

*breaks into Michael Jackson dance. :dancer2:

Jusses, look at those prices. A grand for 5x30ml bottles of juice. Friends, revolution is the only way forward. Can you feel it?

Can you feel it?

Can you feel it?

*breaks into Michael Jackson dance. :dancer2:

It's not a grand. It's only 999. BIG difference there if you know how peeps normally read prices, or if you are in marketing and you think you know how peeps normally read prices. I would have charged 999.95 for that. :)

It is an imported joose range though, and I think the packaging might actually up the costs quite drastically, especially if packaged like the ones visible on the Mello Buddha site. It's $37.50 a pop, just over R 502, which means that you potentially get 3 x 30ml for FREE ;)
That is assuming that the big-ass bamboo look bottles also hold only 30ml, and not 50ml, or perhaps even just 10ml...

Back