DIY Coffee Juice Recipes

Still haven't found a coffee juice that I really like so I'm thinking DIY might be a good place to do that - very nice thread and I will add if I discover anything on my journey

Can relate, premade coffee joose didn't work for me either. I have always drank a lot of coffee, 24/7 more often than not (probably why I seldom sleep). I drink it hot and black, no sugary or creamy anything added. Frilly, overly sweet and creamy coffee drinks are not my thing, what more premades are than not. So I embarked on extracting my own flavors from the same coffee beans that I drink (most I import from Hawaii and Costa Rica). These are what coffee should vape like to me, so I never looked back. I was enjoying my Peaberry Kona Kick vape this morning, have a Coconut Coffee in one of my mods right now (I also extract my own coconut so it is not overly sweet).

That sounds really interesting Spydro...I imagine you'd really get an authentic coffee taste that way. I imagine that would involve soaking ground up beans in pg for a length of time, then filtering the bean out? Then you have an extract? Does the flavor stay the same in a glass bottle, or does it change over time...what I mean is, is the extract stable or have a short shelf life? Really curious about this. Tnx.

It's not quite that simple @CosmicGopher, but almost.

What I do... for 25-30mls of extract, approximately 1 tablespoon of freshly ground beans are mixed in a 50ml Pyrex glass beaker with 30-35mls of either PG or VG depending on what is wanted for the extract base to be. How much coffee depends on the roast of the beans and how strong you want your extract to be. So that's kind of a gray area you have to T&E yourself. Once mixed, the beaker goes in a shallow pan of simmering water up to about the level of the mix inside for about 20 minutes. I don't let it boil, just simmer. When done all that's left is straining the PG or VG through a regular coffee filter to get your fresh extract. I use a 100ml Pyres beaker and a funnel with the filter folded into a cone in the funnel. Without vacuum PG takes about 1 to 1.5 hours to gravity filter, VG longer. You can taste test the extract at 100% strength in a dripper when filtered to see if it's what you wanted. How strong you mix it is also to taste depending on the extract. I like my coffee strong, so also my coffee vapes strong. So I start at 25% extract in a mix and go from there. It's so fast and easy and cheap that I don't bother to make it up in larger quantities. So when I mix to vape it is always fresh and takes little to no aging if thoroughly mixed with PG/VG. If you put other flavor additives in it then you will want to age the mix. I'd use my UC to age that would take almost no time at all either to be vaping. For storage, all of my NEF's, NET's, PG, VG, Nic and mixed liquids are kept in glass bottles in cold storage. I fill 30ml 14ga needle bottles from them to fill my vaping gear with. Between the cold storage and a 30-35ml per day vaping usage joose in even 120ml bottles doesn't last long enough to go bad around here even if left out. My bigger supplies are in 250ml, 500ml and 1 liter bottles, and I have several thousand ml's on hand. HTH

Last edited:
Spydro, Thank You for explaining what you do, and I am going to give it a try, exactly the way you'd written. Really appreciate the excellent tips. I've been wanting to do something like this for awhile. And I do have some excellent Sumatra bean just sitting here. Naturally extracted coffee juice sounds excellent! When I drink coffee I usually have it really strong with cream, no sugar. It'll be great to have that aroma in a juice. Really cool to read how someone has made the extract and to find out it's so do-able...and I'll bet there are others here who might give it a try. Thanks man for your most excellent advice!

No problem. A little experimentation will go a long ways with this. I doubt anyone would get a bad first try though it's so simple.

Back