DIY Dessert & Candy Recipes

Thanks man.

Pulmonary Embolism... heartrate still around 110 resting but antibiotics and back to hospital on wednesday for more tests.

Sleeping all day for the past 48hours.

/end derail of diy thread.

Sent from my Serpent Minikin

Hi all. This is my pride and joy. My ADV that has been under development for quite a while. Peanut butter and Banana AKA Kings breakfast. Critics welcome.
upload_2016-12-22_20-20-23.png

Regards, I hope you enjoy.

Hi all. This is my pride and joy. My ADV that has been under development for quite a while. Peanut butter and Banana AKA Kings breakfast. Critics welcome.
View attachment 79442

Regards, I hope you enjoy.

Flavor base mix for the above. Thanks for showing how @Andre.

(Edit: Added attachment. Not the first time this happened. As a wise man once said "S#!t happens"..)

upload_2016-12-22_20-37-52.png

Last edited:
I'm currently vaping a new creation of mine which is still in development (v3 to be exact).
It's a Bourbon and Nut custard. Needs some work, but it's currently extremely enjoyable as is.
I think in v4 I need to up the nuttiness. Maybe it just needs half a percent of acetyl pyrazine? Anyways. Recipe below:

https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/23953#bourbon_nut_custard_by_ripstorm

@Ripstorm, 1-1.5% of FW Hazelnut? Thanks for the recipe, I have just bought FW Butter Pecan and was wondering what (other than Bust-a-Nut) I could try it in. Where did you get TFA Kentucky Bourbon? It's a no-flyer so I'd have to sub. Would either of FA Whisky or TFA Bourbon work?

@Ripstorm, 1-1.5% of FW Hazelnut? Thanks for the recipe, I have just bought FW Butter Pecan and was wondering what (other than Bust-a-Nut) I could try it in. Where did you get TFA Kentucky Bourbon? It's a no-flyer so I'd have to sub. Would either of FA Whisky or TFA Bourbon work?

You can try adding some FW hazelnut. As far as I know TFA Kentucky bourbon and TFA Bourbon is the same thing. I havent used FA Whiskey before so can't really comment on it. Would love to try it though

TFA notes that Bourbon is "Similar to our kentucky bourbon flavor but with its own kick!" whatever that implies. HIC notes that FA Whisky "Tastes like Irish whisky, not sweet like American bourbon." So I would assume TFA Bourbon is sweeter, FA Whisky sharper. I'm unsure which of the two to get as I can't see myself using whisky/bourbon often. ELR has a higher rating for FA Whisky but that is likely to be influenced by HIC's opinion as much as by the actual flavour itself. You have to love how when people add Notes to an FA flavour on ELR, they just c&p HIC's Notes. Does the ninth person to c&p HIC's description feel they are adding new information and flavour notes that the previous eight missed? :D

TFA notes that Bourbon is "Similar to our kentucky bourbon flavor but with its own kick!" whatever that implies. HIC notes that FA Whisky "Tastes like Irish whisky, not sweet like American bourbon." So I would assume TFA Bourbon is sweeter, FA Whisky sharper. I'm unsure which of the two to get as I can't see myself using whisky/bourbon often. ELR has a higher rating for FA Whisky but that is likely to be influenced by HIC's opinion as much as by the actual flavour itself. You have to love how when people add Notes to an FA flavour on ELR, they just c&p HIC's Notes. Does the ninth person to c&p HIC's description feel they are adding new information and flavour notes that the previous eight missed? :D

Thought TFA Kentucky bourbon and TFA bourbon is the same thing, my bad :D
I didn't even know that it's a no-flyer. Valley vapour had stock a while back.

@RichJB - If you do get the TFA Bourbon, you might enjoy a Casle Long clone such as the following: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/34926/Castle long clone (TFA/TPA) (there are a number on ELR, most with similar ingredients - but at wildly different percentages. There is also one recipe with only FA ingredients {and quite different from all the others}: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/252212/Castle+Long+Clone; I see that it's mentioned by @Andre here: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/tfa-restricted-flavours.t24176/#post-402502)

The above recipe also calls for Kentucky Bourbon, but at least according to TFA's description they sound close enough. I used to mix up variations on that recipe in my early days of DIY (I only had the Kentucky Bourbon, Coconut Extra and AP. As far as I remember, I replaced the Vanilla Bourbon and Vanillin with TFA Vanilla Swirl, the Toasted Almond with TFA Pistachio, and I omitted the TFA Brown Sugar), and I really enjoyed the Whisky, Coconut, Nut combination as a sweetish boozey treat. I've actually kind of forgotten about it until I read the above posts, but I'm going to try mix something of that flavour profile again with INW Whisky (to me a much more authentic Whisky than I remember the TFA Kentucky Bourbon being, but I suppose you can't compare 'Scotch' {I'm guessing that's INW's aim} with Bourbon), INW Coconut and FA Almond.

I'm currently vaping a new creation of mine which is still in development (v3 to be exact).
It's a Bourbon and Nut custard. Needs some work, but it's currently extremely enjoyable as is.
I think in v4 I need to up the nuttiness. Maybe it just needs half a percent of acetyl pyrazine? Anyways. Recipe below:

https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/23953#bourbon_nut_custard_by_ripstorm
Thank you @Ripstorm! Even though I'm not usually a huge custard fan myself, that looks very tasty

@RichJB and @Lingogrey, you could also try FLV Bourbon. From what I have read it is the most realistic of them all. VV has stock. I still need to try the FA version of Castle Long - my stock just lasts too long! Have you tried it @Lingogrey?

@RichJB and @Lingogrey, you could also try FLV Bourbon. From what I have read it is the most realistic of them all. VV has stock. I still need to try the FA version of Castle Long - my stock just lasts too long! Have you tried it @Lingogrey?
Thanks @Andre - I will try the FLV Bourbon as soon as I can justify buying more 'non-essential' concentrates again :) I haven't tried the FA version of Castle Long - I kind of, for some reason, forgot about Castle Long clones / variations for a long time and I don't have a few of the key ingredients of that recipe (such as the FA Brandy). I find the fact that it uses Brandy instead of Whisky very interesting. That gives me the idea that I might, rather than the INW Whisky mentioned above, try INW Cognac - which is one of the most authentic concentrates of any flavor that I have (incredibly strong, but incredibly good).

Thanks @Andre - I will try the FLV Bourbon as soon as I can justify buying more 'non-essential' concentrates again :) I haven't tried the FA version of Castle Long - I kind of, for some reason, forgot about Castle Long clones / variations for a long time and I don't have a few of the key ingredients of that recipe (such as the FA Brandy). I find the fact that it uses Brandy instead of Whisky very interesting. That gives me the idea that I might, rather than the INW Whisky mentioned above, try INW Cognac - which is one of the most authentic concentrates of any flavor that I have (incredibly strong, but incredibly good).
I need INW Cognac, but have not seen it at any of the vendors?

I need INW Cognac, but have not seen it at any of the vendors?
Oh yes, sorry! I didn't actually think of or check whether any of the vendors have it available. I imported mine through a friend. Perhaps you could add that to the flavor requests thread? It really is a very worthwhile concentrate to have, especially in robust tobaccos.

Here's an ancient review, which I find describes the concentrate very well (I wouldn't know if the formula is still exactly the same at INW though): https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...eviews/beverages/threads/cognac-inawera.2735/
A few (especially 4, I would imagine) years ago mixers did seem to use much higher flavoring percentages (I'm assuming mostly because of the gear available then), but I think that the 5 - 10 % as a standalone that Bryan123456 recommends would be like taking a massive swig straight out of the Cognac bottle with every vape. I've never used it at higher than 0.6 %, but at that percentage it actually takes over. At 0.3 % it's a prominent identifiable note, but sits well within the mix.

O
Oh yes, sorry! I didn't actually think of or check whether any of the vendors have it available. I imported mine through a friend. Perhaps you could add that to the flavor requests thread? It really is a very worthwhile concentrate to have, especially in robust tobaccos.

Here's an ancient review, which I find describes the concentrate very well (I wouldn't know if the formula is still exactly the same at INW though): https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...eviews/beverages/threads/cognac-inawera.2735/
A few (especially 4, I would imagine) years ago mixers did seem to use much higher flavoring percentages (I'm assuming mostly because of the gear available then), but I think that the 5 - 10 % as a standalone that Bryan123456 recommends would be like taking a massive swig straight out of the Cognac bottle with every vape. I've never used it at higher than 0.6 %, but at that percentage it actually takes over. At 0.3 % it's a prominent identifiable note, but sits well within the mix.

Just quick question see alot of recipes with VBIC I have the TPA one only pepper I taste. Cap and FW are they better or I am just one off the unlucky ones.

Just quick question see alot of recipes with VBIC I have the TPA one only pepper I taste. Cap and FW are they better or I am just one off the unlucky ones.

A lot of people get a pepper taste from TFA VBIC. I'm luckily not one of them. I can smell it when sniffing the concentrate though.

@Dolfie, I get no pepper notes from TFA VBIC. I did get it in a back-of-the-hand taste test from TFA White Choc but haven't had it in either whipped cream tests or in recipes using the flavour. I made Wayne's Peppermint Bark using TFA instead of FW White Choc and it's excellent, creamy and rich.

I have subbed Cap VBIC for TFA in several recipes and have been happy with the results. It probably lends a different character to the juice - Cap is more milky where TFA is more eggy - but is not inferior imo. I haven't tried FW VBIC but it is in my next order for Jan. Wayne reckons you can sub the three freely according to taste/preference without ruining the recipe.

@Dolfie, I get no pepper notes from TFA VBIC. I did get it in a back-of-the-hand taste test from TFA White Choc but haven't had it in either whipped cream tests or in recipes using the flavour. I made Wayne's Peppermint Bark using TFA instead of FW White Choc and it's excellent, creamy and rich.

I have subbed Cap VBIC for TFA in several recipes and have been happy with the results. It probably lends a different character to the juice - Cap is more milky where TFA is more eggy - but is not inferior imo. I haven't tried FW VBIC but it is in my next order for Jan. Wayne reckons you can sub the three freely according to taste/preference without ruining the recipe.
Thanks for reply I can aso smell it buy only when I have ordered it already. Any one that wants 2x10ml VBIC for free and is maybe in MBay on holiday you can PM me.

A South African dessert usually made of Tennis Biscuits (Crust), canned crushed Pineapple and Pineapple jelly with evaporated milk, one of my favourite desserts. I had to use INW/TFA Pineapple as it is all I had, but would love to try CAP Golden Pineapple when ordering again. The recipe still came out great:
Pineapple Fridge Tart
Screenshot_2016-12-27-20-56-48.jpg

Pineapple Fridge Tart
INW Pineapple 1%
TFA Juicy Pineapple 2%
INW Biscuit 2%
FA Fresh Cream 2%
FA Vienna Cream 1%
FA Coconut 1%
TFA Meringue 1%
TFA Sweetner 0.5%
30PG/70VG
1 week steep will do
Enjoy!

Sent from my E5633 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
A South African dessert usually made of Tennis Biscuits (Crust), canned crushed Pineapple and Pineapple jelly with evaporated milk, one of my favourite deserts. I had to use INW/TFA Pineapple as it is all I had, but would love to try CAP Golden Pineapple when ordering again. The recipe still came out great:
View attachment 79883

Pineapple Fridge Tart
INW Pineapple 1%
TFA Juicy Pineapple 2%
INW Biscuit 2%
FA Fresh Cream 2%
FA Vienna Cream 1%
FA Coconut 1%
TFA Meringue 1%
TFA Sweetner 0.5%
30PG/70VG
1 week steep will do
Enjoy!

This looks great! Will definitely try it. I'll have to order some pineapple though as INW shisha pineapple is all I have at the moment.
Have you tried using some TFA cheesecake Graham crust in this recipe? I get a tennis biscuit taste from TFA CGC at higher percentages

This looks great! Will definitely try it. I'll have to order some pineapple though as INW shisha pineapple is all I have at the moment.
Have you tried using some TFA cheesecake Graham crust in this recipe? I get a tennis biscuit taste from TFA CGC at higher percentages
No I didn't, the INW Biscuit and FA Coconut came very close to a Tennis Biscuit, recommended to try it first.
Wil try a small sample of TFA GC Cheesecake for science

Back