DIY Journey

When it comes to nic (and many other vaping issues) there are tons of different opinions. Some nics give some people a peppery taste and others detect nothing. I have found one that works for me but it may not work for you. I have tried all of the nics sold in SA and I am lucky that the one I use is the cheapest and is sold by a very reliable and friendly vendor.

My advice is to find one that works for you and stick to it.

I'm pretty certain that some of the "brands" contain the same nic from the same manufacturer.

I know which one you mean, thanks Puff! Think I'm going to try them :)

Agree, that's the one. I also use the Clyrolinx amber glass 100ml bottles to make my juice in, thereby saving the planet. Made 800ml yesterday.

Glass is mainly better for the planet, but also because it's way easier to get rid of previous mixes when plastic bottles retain the smell of concentrates. I'm going to change to glass :)

Can anyone advise as to how long caramel concentrates and cheesecake concentrates need to steep for?

Just posting this here so I can easily find it when I'm ready to mix :) Recipe by AlfredPudding. It got a lot of positive reviews, in case anyone else is interested in trying it out.

MIX RECIPE.png

Another variation of strawberry cheesecake, think it was mixed by Wayne. Keeping it here for easy reference.

MIX RECIPE2.png

RECIPE TESTING:

This one is inspired by Developed's recipe, Lemon & Blueberry Cookies.
It smells awesome, but that can always be deceiving :rofl:

Biscuit (INW) 1.5%
Vanilla Custard (CAP) 1%
Blueberry (FW) 2.5%
Lemon Lime (CAP) 1%
Sweet Cream (TFA) 0.6%
Sweetness (FLV) 0.8%

Ordered some Clyrolinx nicotine! Cannot be worse than scrawny gecko, lol.

Also got a few more concentrates from BLCK Vapour. It's a bummer to order from two separate places for my concentrates and nicotine, but it is what it is.

Waiting a few days for Wayne's strawberry cheesecake recipe, and my altered version of the blueberry & lemon cookies recipe. Fingers crossed those are good!

Ordered some Clyrolinx nicotine! Cannot be worse than scrawny gecko, lol.

Also got a few more concentrates from BLCK Vapour. It's a bummer to order from two separate places for my concentrates and nicotine, but it is what it is.

Waiting a few days for Wayne's strawberry cheesecake recipe, and my altered version of the blueberry & lemon cookies recipe. Fingers crossed those are good!
Save up a bit then buy 500ml nicotine once-off. Once you got it, decant it into 100ml bottles and pop it into either your fridge or freezer (won't freeze over) and it will last a long time, well depending on how much you mix.

Save up a bit then buy 500ml nicotine once-off. Once you got it, decant it into 100ml bottles and pop it into either your fridge or freezer (won't freeze over) and it will last a long time, well depending on how much you mix.

Great advice!!!! Thanks IVC :)

RECIPE TESTING:

Biscuit (INW) 1.5%
Vanilla Custard (CAP) 1%
Blueberry (FW) 2.5%
Lemon Lime (CAP) 1%
Sweet Cream (TFA) 0.6%
Sweetness (FLV) 0.8%

This is a win!!!! Very tasty vape :) Might push the blueberry up to 3% next time.

Custards is a bugger when it comes to mixing... Mix your juice in equal parts whereby you add all the other ingredients in one part and the custard in another part, let it steep for a couple of days, then mix it all together and let it steep for at least a week in order for it to blend properly. With certain blends it can make your juice "sour" very quickly if not mixed correctly. Also, if you add Nic to a custard recipe, first make your juice without it, let it stand for a day or two, then only add your Nic in. Custard gets better over time, you need a boat load of patience when it comes to using it in a juice.

Took your advice and have left out the nicotine for the new, bigger batch of blueberry lemon cookie :) Will add nic in, in a couple days.

Quite interesting, this recipe reminds me of lemon cream biscuits!

RECIPE TESTING:

Biscuit (INW) 1.5%
Vanilla Custard (CAP) 1%
Blueberry (FW) 2.5%
Lemon Lime (CAP) 1%
Sweet Cream (TFA) 0.6%
Sweetness (FLV) 0.8%

This is the new bigger, adjusted batch I mixed:

Biscuit (INW) 1.7%
Cookie (FA) 3%
Vanilla Custard (CAP) 1%
Blueberry (FW) 2.5%
Lemon Lime (CAP) 1.2%
Sweet Cream (TFA) 0.6%
Sweetness (FLV) 0.8%

I was going to increase the Blueberry, but I will leave it for now, and I added Cookie FA since I recently received it. Needed more cookie/biscuit. But yeah, if anyone is looking for a lemon cream type vape, the previous version I mixed is a good place to start.

This is a fruity recipe by Spilly, just tried it, chicken dinner!!

MIX RECIPE7.png

Also just want to say Clyrolinx nic is fantastic! SO much better, and totally smooth!

I tried this recipe, Forbidden Fruit by Ckemist. Subbed a couple concentrates, like the INW Two Apples which I didn't have and I see it isn't on BLK Vapour's website. Also INW seems to only have Raspberry Malina (which I used) or Shisha Raspberry. I'm enjoying this one non the less!

FRUIT RECIPE2.png

This is my adjusted version:

Cherry (INW) 3.25%
Raspberry (Malina) (INW) 1.5%
Fuji Apple (FA) 0.6%
Green Apple (Natural) (FW) 0.4%
Super Sweet (CAP) 0.3%
Sweetness (FLV) 0.7%

I was unsure about the high percentage of cherry, but 5 years on it still does work well. Really good recipe!

RECIPE TESTING:

Mixed this up today -

Cookie (FA)3%
Sweet Cream1.2%
Almond1%
Milk & Honey2.5%
Vanilla Custard (CAP)0.8%
Super Sweet (CAP)0.4%

Mixed this SNV juice up today! YUM :D

Fuji Apple (FA)1%
Alphonso Mango2.5%
Super Sweet (CAP)0.3%
Sweetness (FLV)0.7%
Black Ice0.5%

I have also experienced that the gecko nic gave me a pepper taste not sure if it was just my batch but have since moved to gold and works the best for me I know of another mixer that uses clyro nic because he feels it's a nice throat hit and not harsh so I will give that a try next

I have also experienced that the gecko nic gave me a pepper taste not sure if it was just my batch but have since moved to gold and works the best for me I know of another mixer that uses clyro nic because he feels it's a nice throat hit and not harsh so I will give that a try next

You won't be disappointed, Clyro is WAY better :)

RECIPE TESTING:

Mixed this up today -

Cookie (FA)3%
Sweet Cream1.2%
Almond1%
Milk & Honey2.5%
Vanilla Custard (CAP)0.8%
Super Sweet (CAP)0.4%
Would to like hear the outcome of this one as I see you used only a small amount of custard

When I still did DIY I only used Prime. Back then the choices were more limited though.

Back