DIY Menthol/Mint Recipes

Hey guys. Any further feedback on this Red Pill/Morpheus/XTC recipe? Planning to order ingredients in the next day or so but would love to hear more thoughts on how good it is and/or how close it is to the real thing beforehand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Guys

Ive been doing some reading, and the Morpheus V2 recipe caught my attention. The description, of menthol, litchi, elderflower and mixed berries and a bit juicy. So the recipe attempt used elderberry, which id say is different from elderflower, as the elder flower is described as "It tastes light and floral. Elderflowers can be "floral and fragrant, subtle yet heady," the Independent describes. ... But not all elderflowers taste the same. The Guardian points out that "Black Beauty" elder shrubs, which produce champagne-pink flowers, have a "pronounced muscat grape-meets-lychee" flavor"
".
The profile of RED PILL is still mixed berries, litchi, elderflower and a dash of ice. The flavour however comes across sweeter and fuller with a slight jammyness, finished off by the refreshing ice

So rather looking for a grape litchi profile. and I may attempt a version of this, not exactly a clone attempt, but perhaps the profile would be better met with some fresh cream for the litchi mouth feel, some grape, not sure which one, and cactus for the slight juiciness. That with mixed berries and ICE, not menthol , makes sense in my mind. for the jammy part, im not so sure, perhaps some advise?

EDIT: "Elderberry jams and jellies has a sweet-tart taste with earthy undertones. ... Elderberries also add complexity and tannins to homemade wines. You can use elderberries in recipes with other fruits. The berries mix well with other fruits in pies and other desserts, adding color and depth of flavor."
SO I found that elderberry may add the jammy bit, and with some other berries I suppose.

I think Silver or someone mentioned it that they add menthol to any juice. Thats now afterwards as I understand. Anycase, say you mix menthol with an allready made juice. How long steep?

I think Silver or someone mentioned it that they add menthol to any juice. Thats now afterwards as I understand. Anycase, say you mix menthol with an allready made juice. How long steep?

Hi @Jean claude Vaaldamme
No need to steep when you add a bit of menthol to a ready made juice.
Well I don't steep them. I just give them a quick shake a few times - and then I vape them.

This applies to adding menthol to tobaccoes and fruity juices - thats what I mostly add menthol to.

When I prepare a few bottles like this and add menthol to ready made juices, the ones that sit for a while don't seem to be much different to the one I use immediately.

As long as you shake it well, otherwise you may get a "menthol hot spot" in a part of the juice where there's too much menthol and it hasnt mixed well.

Hi @Jean claude Vaaldamme
No need to steep when you add a bit of menthol to a ready made juice.
Well I don't steep them. I just give them a quick shake a few times - and then I vape them.

This applies to adding menthol to tobaccoes and fruity juices - thats what I mostly add menthol to.

When I prepare a few bottles like this and add menthol to ready made juices, the ones that sit for a while don't seem to be much different to the one I use immediately.

As long as you shake it well, otherwise you may get a "menthol hot spot" in a part of the juice where there's too much menthol and it hasnt mixed well.
I get those sometimes when I top up the bb and add a drop or 2 of menthol straight into the boro.

Makes for an interesting vape when it suddenly kicks in...

I get those sometimes when I top up the bb and add a drop or 2 of menthol straight into the boro.

Makes for an interesting vape when it suddenly kicks in...

I know exactly what you mean @Paul33 - haha

I do the same in the Evod with my VM Berry Blaze. I add 8 drops of menthol concentrate
But I close it up and then give it a slow shake and turn for a bit
Sometimes I get a menthol spot and its quite exciting. Blasts the throat - hard to believe from such a small device

Thanks. I get this menthol hotspots sometimes with juices that I add menthol from beginning of mix, and even after a few days steep, hence the question. Maybe because I add like 2% menthol sometimes.
Anyway I just want to add menthol to my latest strawberry mix to try and save the 60ml. Think Im done witj strawberry mixes. Tried a few reecipes, did not work for me, especially milkshake types. This last one is my own mix and actually better than all the recipes I used, but I just cant seem to like a warm strawberry taste. Its great for 5min and then cant vape anymore.

Icee Lychee
A refreshingly simple, chilled Lychee vape which makes you come back for more, and more...

FA Lychee provides the smooth, realistic, fresh lychee flavor supported by a touch of sweetness in the form of Cap Sweet Lychee.
FA Cream lends a bit of body and enhances the mouthfeel, which allow the lycheee to show its full potential.
WS23 cools everything down without detracting from the star of show. Feel free to start the WS23 off at 0.25% and adjust up if required.
Sub WS23 with Koolada if needed.

Good on the shake, 3 day steep for the floral notes to subside and meld with the cream.

Icee Lychee
1% FA Cream Fresh
3% FA Lychee
1% CAP Sweet Lychee
0.5% WS-23

View attachment 115343
This is one of my Fav mixes and always in my Rotation -- One of the first mixes i ever made and still going strong
Thank you so much i Personally find it best after about 2 weeks of steeping

Adam se Klokke Remixed
2QPyTd6.jpg

Adam se Klokke by @Cor was placed second at the 2018 VapeCon DIY competion. Following @Vilaishima's praises I recently decided to give it a go. Not many would be so bold as to use WS-23 at 5.0 %, but I immediately fell in love with the extreme cold combined with the apple.

One of the many advantages of DIY is that you can tweak a recipe to suit your personal taste to a tee.

For me the cold was great, I was not going to meddle with the 5.0 % WS-23, but wanted cold on both the inhale and the exhale. Thus, I added some FA Polar Blast and just enough TFA Menthol to not take it into menthol territory.

Then I wanted a touch more of the apple taste. To my mind 3.5 % of TFA Sour was too much and muted the apple taste. Brought it down to 1.0 %. I think it accomplished the desired effect.

Lastly I decreased the CAP Super Sweet from 1.5 % to 0.5 %, which imho is just as effective.

If you want the taste of real frozen apples, give it a go. Thank you for sharing your recipe @Cor. For me it was an awesome surprise at how great your combination work and it was an honour to be able to build on your work to suit my taste.

Adam se Klokke Remixed
CAP Double Apple 5.5 %
WS-23 (20%), also known as Black Ice 5.0 %
FA Fuji Apple 3.0 %
CAP Dragonfruit 2.0 %
TFA Sour 1.0 %
FA Polar Blast 1.0 %
CAP Super Sweet 0.5 %
FW Pink Champagne 0.5 %
TFA Menthol 0.5 %

Total flavour: 19.0 %

Steep: 3 days.

Adam se Klokke Remixed
2QPyTd6.jpg

Adam se Klokke by @Cor was placed second at the 2018 VapeCon DIY competion. Following @Vilaishima's praises I recently decided to give it a go. Not many would be so bold as to use WS-23 at 5.0 %, but I immediately fell in love with the extreme cold combined with the apple.

One of the many advantages of DIY is that you can tweak a recipe to suit your personal taste to a tee.

For me the cold was great, I was not going to meddle with the 5.0 % WS-23, but wanted cold on both the inhale and the exhale. Thus, I added some FA Polar Blast and just enough TFA Menthol to not take it into menthol territory.

Then I wanted a touch more of the apple taste. To my mind 3.5 % of TFA Sour was too much and muted the apple taste. Brought it down to 1.0 %. I think it accomplished the desired effect.

Lastly I decreased the CAP Super Sweet from 1.5 % to 0.5 %, which imho is just as effective.

If you want the taste of real frozen apples, give it a go. Thank you for sharing your recipe @Cor. For me it was an awesome surprise at how great your combination work and it was an honour to be able to build on your work to suit my taste.

Adam se Klokke Remixed
CAP Double Apple 5.5 %
FA Fuji Apple 3.0 %
CAP Dragonfruit 2.0 %
TFA Sour 1.0 %
FA Polar Blast 1.0 %
CAP Super Sweet 0.5 %
FW Pink Champagne 0.5 %
TFA Menthol 0.5 %

I will give that a go for sure. I already switch the Fuji and the Double Apple % around as that gives me more of the apple flavour I like. I also use 1% Ethyl Maltol in place of the Super Sweet. I will drop the sour a bit and see how that works.

I have a completely different recipe that also used this as a base. I call it Eva se Mango. It is already great but needs some tweaking. Not sweet upfront Mango but more of a green, sour Mango skin flavour. Fantastically refreshing. I will post it once I am completely happy with it.

I will give that a go for sure. I already switch the Fuji and the Double Apple % around as that gives me more of the apple flavour I like. I also use 1% Ethyl Maltol in place of the Super Sweet. I will drop the sour a bit and see how that works.

I have a completely different recipe that also used this as a base. I call it Eva se Mango. It is already great but needs some tweaking. Not sweet upfront Mango but more of a green, sour Mango skin flavour. Fantastically refreshing. I will post it once I am completely happy with it.
Eva sounds right up my alley. Looking forward to it.

Adam se Klokke Remixed
2QPyTd6.jpg

Adam se Klokke Remixed
CAP Double Apple 5.5 %
FA Fuji Apple 3.0 %
CAP Dragonfruit 2.0 %
TFA Sour 1.0 %
FA Polar Blast 1.0 %
CAP Super Sweet 0.5 %
FW Pink Champagne 0.5 %
TFA Menthol 0.5 %

Thank you for the kind words sir. I really love my diy and take pride in it i mix everything i make from scratch so that i can call it my own.

But there is a person that played a major role in me getting the nick and feel for allot of diy tricks and that is .y sensei @Friep he is the person with the diy skils i would want to go above and beyond one day.

And ime really glad you enjoy adam thank you again good sir :)

Im still trying to get a nice Menthol going, but one thing i can add - FW Extreme Ice - beautiful.

Its a mix of Koolada and Menthol. Mild. But whats really nice about it, is that it doesnt easily take over a recipe, which Ive found Menthols often do.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

FW extreme ice is awesome! at around 10% alone it makes a decent MTL/salt menthol. Closest I can come to vgod mighty mint. Just tastes a bit like toothpaste. Also added about 3% to a batch of my go-to fruity juice(Grack juice) and it works very well there too!

Last edited:
Hi guys. Looking for a Menthol mint juice to mix. Wife suffers with the lack of true menthol juices. Mostly everything is just ice'd.
Something like a Refreshing mint.

Any new recipes going around?

Hi guys. Looking for a Menthol mint juice to mix. Wife suffers with the lack of true menthol juices. Mostly everything is just ice'd.
Something like a Refreshing mint.

Any new recipes going around?
I can only make a suggestion and that is you switch from menthol to Arctic menthol.

Something like a 3% arctic menthol with sweet peppermint and a touch of spearmint. This will give you the mint without too much ice. Arctic menthol is not like mixing in ws23, it is far smoother. Cactus will smooth it out even further and any citrus will add a fruit note. Lemon/lime/orange/tangerine

Nothing that I have perfected like the VTR (previously ADV) though I am working on one or two
VTR? Can you share please,

Also you show this as an ADV. Which brands?
My simple menthol mix
70/30 vg/pg
12% nic
5% spearmint
2% menthol
2% Koolada

Back