DIY - Your first time

Lol I think I know where I botched it.

Much to my surprise, Bavarian Cream and Strawberry Mint have a common flavour. Well, mine do. The damn Smoothening agent.
You supposed to use a minimal ammount to smooth your liquids out. Too much results in a "fruity" taste... as my creations do.

I obviously botched the ammount and put too much in.

The annoying thing is it doesn't taste like any fruit in particular. Just this weird, sweet... stuff.

DOH!

Lol I think I know where I botched it.

Much to my surprise, Bavarian Cream and Strawberry Mint have a common flavour. Well, mine do. The damn Smoothening agent.
You supposed to use a minimal ammount to smooth your liquids out. Too much results in a "fruity" taste... as my creations do.

I obviously botched the ammount and put too much in.

The annoying thing is it doesn't taste like any fruit in particular. Just this weird, sweet... stuff.

DOH!
heh, I usually have a taste of the stuff before adding any smooth - some flavours really don't need it. Then I add some and compare, if smooth improves it, it stays, otherwise I leave it out.

@Derick, that's a question I was planning not ask, what are the guidelines regarding smooth?

@Derick, that's a question I was planning not ask, what are the guidelines regarding smooth?
Smooth is really just there when a mix you have made has some rough edges - think pineapple flavour, it can be quite harsh on the throat when you have a strong mix, smooth will round that sharp edge out.

With complex mixes, the strong/harsh flavours will be brought down a tad, which might have the effect of bring the background flavours out more.

In general no more than 2% smooth, more than that and you start tasting smooth itself - the fruity flavour that was mentioned.

I start out at 0.5% and add more from there, if by 2% it is not doing anything to smooth your flavour, it is probably not going to :) - then maybe look at reducing the flavour component that is causing the harsh edge

Great thanks, I just mixed some pineapple at 8% yesterday. I will try using smooth on that. Is it true that smooth also adds 'volume' or thickness to the feel of the vapour?

Great thanks, I just mixed some pineapple at 8% yesterday. I will try using smooth on that. Is it true that smooth also adds 'volume' or thickness to the feel of the vapour?
It does yep, but it is a subtle effect, don't expect it to taste like pure VG or anything :)

The best part of my debut mixes is discovering Creme de Menthe.... wow its nice.
I'm not even the biggest mint fan, but this is such a nice mint.
Oh I love that Creme De Menthe, I keep on adding it to flavours it should have no business in :)

I just have another question: I ordered a few bits to try spruce up my mixes.

I initially made them 8% flavour, and so they can use a wee bit more flavour.

My question is, if I add a few extra flavour drops to already steeped juice, do I need to step again for 2 weeks?

Or is it case of just a good shake up and vape?

I just have another question: I ordered a few bits to try spruce up my mixes.

I initially made them 8% flavour, and so they can use a wee bit more flavour.

My question is, if I add a few extra flavour drops to already steeped juice, do I need to step again for 2 weeks?

Or is it case of just a good shake up and vape?
I don't think a few drops will make a difference with steeping, so go ahead and give it a bash - big thing is, especially in the beginning is to just experiment and adjust it to your liking - and of course take notes! - So that next time you know to make it stronger

Careful with making it too strong though, it might taste too weak when you first taste it, but by the end of a tank you will be singing a different tune :)

I don't think a few drops will make a difference with steeping, so go ahead and give it a bash - big thing is, especially in the beginning is to just experiment and adjust it to your liking - and of course take notes! - So that next time you know to make it stronger

Careful with making it too strong though, it might taste too weak when you first taste it, but by the end of a tank you will be singing a different tune :)

Ya I've been scribbling notes like a mad man.

Oh yes of coarse, maybe I should just make a new batch.

I used your strawberry and cream to make strawberry mint, and it's just not strawberry enough. So I bought strawberry alone to add.

I used your strawberry and cream to make strawberry mint, and it's just not strawberry enough. So I bought strawberry alone to add.
I generally give a flavour a few days of tasting before I make up my mind - some flavours somehow just grows on you the more you vape them, plus while vaping over a few days you get some extra ideas of what to add, or maybe even remove

@Derick, just some feedback, I mixed the pineapple at 8% in a 9mg 60/40 mix and it's brilliant.

Also mixed cappuccino @10% with sweetcream @2% still a bit to creamy. So next batch is minus the cream.

@Derick, just some feedback, I mixed the pineapple at 8% in a 9mg 60/40 mix and it's brilliant.

Also mixed cappuccino @10% with sweetcream @2% still a bit to creamy. So next batch is minus the cream.
Nice!
I mixed cuppuccino with 4% cream the first time - tasted like coffee flavoured frothed milk! :)

I use the CAP Sweet Strawberry and it's a really potent and well defined strawberry...mixed one with peppermint and another with spearmint - both were fantastically good, and even just the plain strawberry by itself was quite awesome :D

I use the CAP Sweet Strawberry and it's a really potent and well defined strawberry...mixed one with peppermint and another with spearmint - both were fantastically good, and even just the plain strawberry by itself was quite awesome :D

I ordered that one, thank you :)

What percentage strawberry do you use for a strawberry mint?

I ordered that one, thank you :)

What percentage strawberry do you use for a strawberry mint?

I used 8% Strawberry 2% Peppermint/Spearmint for the mixes.
At this ratio both the strawberry and mint were very well defined - I was actually thinking of trying it at 9% Strawberry 1% mint, to see what that is like.

I used 8% Strawberry 2% Peppermint/Spearmint for the mixes.
At this ratio both the strawberry and mint were very well defined - I was actually thinking of trying it at 9% Strawberry 1% mint, to see what that is like.

Awesome thank you.
I'll go with 2% mint because Creme de Mente is heavenly stuff :)

Sounds good :D
I still want to try it with some other mints as well...Sweet Strawberry + (any mint) is a great fit IMO :)
What I have found with the mints is that they seem to 'build-up' in your mouth as you are vaping - so 2% is great for the first 10 hits or so, but by the end of the tank all you can taste is mint and the other flavour is just a background note.

So I've taken to just putting .5% mint in, then you don't get mint on the first few hits, but eventually it starts seeping through, giving a bit of a different dimension to the vape the longer you vape it :)

What I have found with the mints is that they seem to 'build-up' in your mouth as you are vaping - so 2% is great for the first 10 hits or so, but by the end of the tank all you can taste is mint and the other flavour is just a background note.

So I've taken to just putting .5% mint in, then you don't get mint on the first few hits, but eventually it starts seeping through, giving a bit of a different dimension to the vape the longer you vape it :)

Interesting.
And ya I have found in the past that some juices are just too minty. Probably why I'm not normally a fan.

I like the mint being there, but not taking over.

Aha...that makes a lot of sense. I vape it mostly as my secondary juice for that reason - thought I was just crazy :p
This is why I've been wanting to take it down a bit - to see what would happen :)
Now I know the real reason...thanks @Derick :D

I'm also finding the mint is stronger at higher wattages. I did a choc mint, 8% peppermint, 4% double choc, 0.5 koolada, 1% sucralose that's really nice in the rose at 20w, but if I stick it in the goblin on the mech all I get is freezing peppermint.

Back