DNA board versus cheaper regulated board

You guys bashing the yihi software are making me think twice about the VA Knight..:shake:
Get the Knight :p After you have tuned in your settings things are great. Not nearly as customizable as a DNA and if you spend your life on escribe... you won't on the yihi software because asides from Chinglish, there isn't all that much to do. But you can fine-tune a vape on power mode even more than you can on a DNA. With the swipe of your finger. On your iPhone. Which is just awesome. Once :)

Get the Knight :p After you have tuned in your settings things are great. Not nearly as customizable as a DNA and if you spend your life on escribe... you won't on the yihi software because asides from Chingish, there isn't all that much to do. But you can fine-tune a vape on power mode even more than you can on a DNA. With the swipe of your finger. On your iPhone. Which is just awesome. Once :)
Just one problem..i am a Samsung person..>:)

Lol..I was talking about supporting local..like Cloudlounge Vapery who distributes them..;)
They don't have stock though...
Like 250ft spool of wire I asked for in the who has stock forum and nobody replied.

Was wondering how a DNA40 would stack up when compared to the cheaper Chinese chips?

Was wondering how a DNA40 would stack up when compared to the cheaper Chinese chips?
The Chinese chips should be decent as they have had enough time to disect a DNA board and make it seemingly better or a variation of it.
I suspect that some manufacturers use inferior parts etc. To save costs.

You can buy a capacitor for R5 that does the same job as a R300 ceramic capacitor but the lifespan of the R5 capacitor and it's tolerance are a lot less.

Personally, I didn't notice the DNA being more powerful. It was smoother in TC though. But I don't spend much time in TC.
I do find that my Yihi chips "hit harder" than my DNA's.
But the best I've ever experienced in terms of power delivery was an old Provari - awesome 20W :) Almost like a mech and you could not tell that the battery level was dropping until the very last vape. I'm tagging @Andre to see if he has since experienced better power delivery on a regulated mod
Not better, but on par for me is the VT Inbox with DNA75. No power loss towards the end of the useable battery charge. And the battery life is amazing compared to a regulated Pico. I have only used the software on the PC once - to update the board.

Am loving all the banter on this thread and find it very interesting

But let me say this

I still dont see too many folk describing the actual difference in the vape

There have been one or two comments about it being more consistent power delivery
And several on battery efficiency
And several on balanced charging in the mod.

The rest seem to be on customisation features.

So would you say the vape on a DNA board is better than a "cheaper" regulated board

And I suppose, lets widen it slightly - how about compared to a mech? (Battery sag issues on mech aside)

Am loving all the banter on this thread and find it very interesting

But let me say this

I still dont see too many folk describing the actual difference in the vape

There have been one or two comments about it being more consistent power delivery
And several on battery efficiency
And several on balanced charging in the mod.

The rest seem to be on customisation features.

So would you say the vape on a DNA board is better than a "cheaper" regulated board

And I suppose, lets widen it slightly - how about compared to a mech? (Battery sag issues on mech aside)
I wouldn't say the vape is actually noticeably "better" .
In fact most people will argue it is the same.
I think this is a fine example of the sum of the parts is greater than the sum of the whole.
All the little things added together make it a "better" vape experience and not a better vape.
Im pretty sure most will say it's exactly the same.

So in summary most people will not see a difference and a cheaper board will do the same thing.
DNA just does it with style!

I wouldn't say the vape is actually noticeably "better" .
In fact most people will argue it is the same.
I think this is a fine example of the sum of the parts is greater than the sum of the whole.
All the little things added together make it a "better" vape experience and not a better vape.
Im pretty sure most will say it's exactly the same.

So in summary most people will not see a difference and a cheaper board will do the same thing.
DNA just does it with style!

Thanks @Christos - that makes a lot of sense
I like the way you worded it

@Silver also in my mind... a manufacturer who opts to put a more expensive DNA board in their device and not skimp on price is more likely to have a similar approach to the mod itself.
I'm not saying all DNA devices are better quality or have better finishes that others I'm just saying that the majority of commercial DNA mods are of a better quality and finish that the cheaper devices.

Ai. I should have listened to the little voice in my head that said "do not go into this thread" but no... I know better.

Now I am looking for a DNA mod... why?! Haha. Thank you @Silver for starting this, my invoice will be delivered shortly for the mod I am about to buy. And thank you for contributers for enabling me...

I've always wanted a DNA mod until I discovered the custom firmware for my Rolo's.

I've tasted quite a few DNA mods and even put my tank on it but didn't really seem to be that different.
I think I was after the fidgeting in the settings and customisation that the DNA offered as well as teh monitoring. All of which I now have with my trusty old Rolo's.

All in all I still believe the benefits of the DNA in total are worth the price but I'm happy with my babies

I've always wanted a DNA mod until I discovered the custom firmware for my Rolo's.

I've tasted quite a few DNA mods and even put my tank on it but didn't really seem to be that different.
I think I was after the fidgeting in the settings and customisation that the DNA offered as well as teh monitoring. All of which I now have with my trusty old Rolo's.

All in all I still believe the benefits of the DNA in total are worth the price but I'm happy with my babies
The rolo DNA was my first proper DNA device. Pity the quality of the mod was imho garbage.
The rx rolo with the flashed firmware I believe are quite a decent package so in theory if I could get a cheaper board that was supported with external updates by the manufacturer I would purchase.
I'm am not fond of 3rd party updates as I have used a few over the years and the support is not the same.
I once was so upset with 3rd party support that I wrote a partial plugin and compiled my own rom for a phone... about 6 years ago before I had a child and I had the luxury of spending time on things that frustrate me.

I couldn't get the Bluetooth stack to work and only found out a year later that the different countries used different stacks to comply with regulations in certain countries.
I ended up buying another phone because I enjoyed having my phone connected to my car and the stock rom of my phone was disastrously slow and it bothered me!

This thread goes out to all those who have experienced both and can explain the difference in normal power mode vaping.

How do the two types of boards differ on the vape itself?

By "cheaper" regulated boards I am referring to those sorts of boards found in Mods like the minikin or say the hotcig150 for example.

I know the DNA boards offer some amazing customisation for temp control - but what is the difference to the vape itself for normal power mode vaping? And would there be a difference for say 40W and under?

Does it offer better battery life? A more direct vape like a mech? Or more reliability? Whats the benefit from your experience?

The reason I am asking is that I would like to know myself and it may also be interesting for others too.

View attachment 97290
Christos gave a clear and concise rundown of some of the great features of the escribe functions,the choices are mind boggling to a tech boob like me . Don't get me wrong I love the variety and that aside I still think the DNA board is quicker and gives a more even vape i.e. the coils heat faster without the pulse that"cheaper"boards sometimes deliver strictly wattage mode speaking.imo.

After a couple of glitchy chips (istick Pico & Ipv's) I binned the malfunctioning ones and sold all of the rest, leaving only Yihi 350/450 chips and DNA's in my rotation. For me it was about safety and reliability - and according to PBusardo DNA's/Yihi's are more accurate than most. No Sigelei 213 type-drama.
But I know a lot of peeps who swear by the more cost effective but still decent Chinese chips and sometimes even prefer them. I may have had a bit of bad luck, but it was enough to sway me.
I saw PBusardos' review on the VooPoo Drag with the Gene Chip.A U.S.designed chip that does much of what the D.N.A. offers he claimed in the review. The mod is relatively inexpensive so I forked over my fifty dollars for one and was pleasantly surprised at it's efficiency. I think this bodes well for the future chip wise as my Drag delivers DNA like performance at a fraction of the price.

Christos gave a clear and concise rundown of some of the great features of the escribe functions,the choices are mind boggling to a tech boob like me . Don't get me wrong I love the variety and that aside I still think the DNA board is quicker and gives a more even vape i.e. the coils heat faster without the pulse that"cheaper"boards sometimes deliver strictly wattage mode speaking.imo.

Thanks @kev mac - that is helpful

Ai. I should have listened to the little voice in my head that said "do not go into this thread" but no... I know better.

Now I am looking for a DNA mod... why?! Haha. Thank you @Silver for starting this, my invoice will be delivered shortly for the mod I am about to buy. And thank you for contributers for enabling me...
A @Anneries I think you will be pleased with your DNA mod.They are great IMO and if you like to tinker around with gear you're in for a good time.

Kinda off topic, but are these boards available locally, I'l love to try my hand at making a Mod at some point in life :)

Back