Do you use Chat System 2019

Do you use the Chat system on the Homepage?

• Yes

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • No

Votes: 34 89.5%
  • Where is it again?

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gizmo

Catalyst
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
I would just like to find out if you find the chat system is useful or not needed?​

Time and again, I've been telling some of the admin that the chat function serves no purpose and I find that some messages go unanswered for days so let's do away with it for good.

I have not ever initiated a chat on there, but have responded to some queries started there. Seems useful and less intimidating to newer members who have not yet worked out the intricacies of the forum.

I have also not used the Chat System on the homepage to initiate any discussions.
But have answered a few questions here and there.

Am indifferent on its use. If it stays its quite a nice feature. If it goes I won't miss it much.

But I take @Andre 's point that it may be a bit less intimidating for a newer member who hasnt worked out how to make a new thread to ask a question - or perhaps they dont feel creating a whole new thread is worthy of a simple question (which they shouldnt think because that's what the forum is for)

I have also not used the Chat System on the homepage to initiate any discussions.
But have answered a few questions here and there.

Am indifferent on its use. If it stays its quite a nice feature. If it goes I won't miss it much.

But I take @Andre 's point that it may be a bit less intimidating for a newer member who hasnt worked out how to make a new thread to ask a question - or perhaps they dont feel creating a whole new thread is worthy of a simple question (which they shouldnt think because that's what the forum is for)
''Am indifferent on its use. If it stays its quite a nice feature. If it goes I won't miss it much.'' Agree I see people asking questions and only get a reply 2 days later.

I think it has a use. To say something quick without the need to open a new thread. Like SirVape has great specials this week, go check it out.
Unfortunately people use it for advertising or things that would need a proper thread to discuss

Back