Doing A " Silver " - What Does This Mean?

Doing a Silver is not a "cool" or pleasant thing
Really feels absolutely terrible.
I much prefer staying far away from Silver territory...

Have you considered upping your nic?

i actually came down from 18mg nic straight to 6mg. the nic hit was too hard for me and also i like to vape for longer periods at a time.

i actually came down from 18mg nic straight to 6mg. the nic hit was too hard for me and also i like to vape for longer periods at a time.
Maybe a happy medium would be 12 mg. Or maybe 12mg in one device and 6mg in the other to alternate. You must be going through juices like mad.

Doing a Silver is not a "cool" or pleasant thing
Really feels absolutely terrible.
I much prefer staying far away from Silver territory...
I agree with you completely! But sometimes it's a good thing to stand on the edge of a precipice and consider what might happen should you slip.

Just my personal point of view.

Doing a Silver taught me the limits and for me that's a very good thing.

Sent from the Dark Side of The Force

Maybe a happy medium would be 12 mg. Or maybe 12mg in one device and 6mg in the other to alternate. You must be going through juices like mad.
yeah thats for certain. about 9ml juice for the day and sometimes a little more on the weekend.
maybe i could give a 9mg a try. i have very shallow breathing and i think this may contribute to this but anything above 6mg hits my chest really hard

i usually only pull silvers when i get new gear, coz thats when you vape the crap out of it

and then things settle down, and so does your head

yeah thats for certain. about 9ml juice for the day and sometimes a little more on the weekend.
maybe i could give a 9mg a try. i have very shallow breathing and i think this may contribute to this but anything above 6mg hits my chest really hard
Yes, I remember you telling about that. Was wondering whether the extra sucking and chain vaping to get satisfaction from low nic might not be counter productive to that, but of course only your experience can really tell.

Yes, I remember you telling about that. Was wondering whether the extra sucking and chain vaping to get satisfaction from low nic might not be counter productive to that, but of course only your experience can really tell.

very possible you are right in that regard. i will for the next 24 hours not chain vape. ill do my best to be a bit more reserved. try to cut out a 3rd of my vaping time and report back on whether there was a change

Nearly pulled a "Silver" this morning - on a Sunday morning at 7 am of all times!

Probably the closest I've come since that infamous vape meet discussed in my original post.

I am testing a new coil and wick setup on my Reos - using Ekowool and ugly ribbon
This morning's version came out at 0.6 ohms and I am using 18mg Blackbird.
5 or 6 toots and ......
- I had to go rinse my face.
- Slight sweating on the forehead
- Felt nauseous

But I didn't have to lie down, so it wasn't a full blown "Silver", thankfully.... I drank quite a bit of water and stopped vaping. I felt fine about 30 mins later.

Let's just say that I am quite impressed so far with this coil & wick set up. A bit more testing with some variations and different juices and I will report back on my findings.

This morning's episode also highlighted a few things for me:
- with vaping, you are always learning and discovering
- be careful of @RevnLucky7 - specifically the combination of his Ekowool, Ribbon Vapowire and 18mg Blackbird ;-)
- take it easy and if you feel funny, stop vaping and drink water!

Nearly pulled a "Silver" this morning - on a Sunday morning at 7 am of all times!

Probably the closest I've come since that infamous vape meet discussed in my original post.

I am testing a new coil and wick setup on my Reos - using Ekowool and ugly ribbon
5 or 6 toots and ......
- Felt nauseous

But I didn't have to lie down, so it wasn't a full blown "Silver", thankfully.... I drank quite a bit of water and stopped vaping. I felt fine about 30 mins later.

Let's just say that I am quite impressed so far with this coil & wick set up. A bit more testing with some variations and different juices and I will report back on my findings.

- be careful of @RevnLucky7 - specifically the combination of his Ekowool, Ribbon Vapowire and 18mg Blackbird ;-)

I think with you almost pulling a silver it proves how impressed you are with your new wick setup. Always interesting to read your feedback. Such precise detail. Good advice to anyone nearing a silver too

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hi Ho you have prodded me to try Ekowool again also with the flat ribbon kanthal I bought at the same time...

5 or 6 toots and ......
- Felt nauseous

Show us a picture of the setup once you are steady enough to take one, please. Probably in the Reomizer thread.

I found an old photo of the Feb 2014 Vape Meet where the "Silver" got its name

This is @Gizmo in the green shirt I think giving me my brand new Kayfun which I was amazed at. Lol, look what I was vaping at the time ;-)

_dsc0036-jpg.986

Tagging @JB1987
That photo thread is here:
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/jhb-vape-meet-pics.t799/

Haha this is brilliant @Silver . Look what I was vaping on, it was an RSST with SS mesh as the wick.

View attachment 111636

Amazing!!!
Looks very nice

I remember back then looking at you guys with your "fancy" rebuildables and thinking - my gosh, these guys actually make their own coils out of wire etc. They are crazy... Lol

Protank FTW

You are right @Rooigevaar - that Protank was a winner
I think I had it on a variable voltage Vision Spinner. Remember those - hehe
Looked a bit weird because the tank was wider than the spinner - but I was cruising!!!

Snap! I still have mine, and they still work but aren't used very much anymore.

View attachment 111637

Those SVDs @BumbleBee !!
Just marvellous

So nice that you still have the old gear. Museum worthy one day ;-)

I'm thinking one day we should have a vintage vape hour.
We all take out our classics from yesteryear, shine em up, fill them and fire them up.
Then upload classic handchecks ;-)

Those SVDs @BumbleBee !!
Just marvellous

So nice that you still have the old gear. Museum worthy one day ;-)

I'm thinking one day we should have a vintage vape hour.
We all take out our classics from yesteryear, shine em up, fill them and fire them up.
Then upload classic handchecks ;-)
That sounds like an excellent idea :D

Thanks @Silver for this thread as this has now finally helped me conclude that I pulled quite a "silver" couple weeks back.

I've always been a single coil vaper for quite some time but once the power bug and the need for something different bites you, it bites hard. Got very lucky as a colleague of mine wanted to get rid of his peerless rda and I gladly took it off his hands. We had a vape meet comig up at eaglevlei wine farm. I'd also gotten the ammit dual coil a few weeks before but only tried it for a short while because the vapour was a bit much.

As we all started rocking up for the meet, everybody sat down and started chatting and vaping etc. Me being one of the few vaping single coil. I thought it to be the best time to test my ammit again and whipped it on the voopoo drag. Started taking puff after after puff after puff. Then I thought, everyone is here with drippers and it looks awesome and so much cloud, let's try the peerless. Got a nice build in there and started vaping.

After a very short while I started feeling weird. I knew I'd eaten but I was also a little sick. And pretty soon the nausea and sweating hit me. Ran to bathroom and say down for 15 minutes. Thought it had passed. Came back to the table and someone asked me to go get them a beer as they're not able to move past everyone. I walked up to the beer stand and suddenly as I paid my sight started to go black. I started having difficulty standing and I lost complete control of my legs and arms and passed out. Fell to the floor and needless to say scared the shit out of some people as I convulsed a little on the floor trying to get up. Definitely one of the worst experiences of my entire life and wouldn't want that experience on anyone.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Thanks @Silver for this thread as this has now finally helped me conclude that I pulled quite a "silver" couple weeks back.

I've always been a single coil vaper for quite some time but once the power bug and the need for something different bites you, it bites hard. Got very lucky as a colleague of mine wanted to get rid of his peerless rda and I gladly took it off his hands. We had a vape meet comig up at eaglevlei wine farm. I'd also gotten the ammit dual coil a few weeks before but only tried it for a short while because the vapour was a bit much.

As we all started rocking up for the meet, everybody sat down and started chatting and vaping etc. Me being one of the few vaping single coil. I thought it to be the best time to test my ammit again and whipped it on the voopoo drag. Started taking puff after after puff after puff. Then I thought, everyone is here with drippers and it looks awesome and so much cloud, let's try the peerless. Got a nice build in there and started vaping.

After a very short while I started feeling weird. I knew I'd eaten but I was also a little sick. And pretty soon the nausea and sweating hit me. Ran to bathroom and say down for 15 minutes. Thought it had passed. Came back to the table and someone asked me to go get them a beer as they're not able to move past everyone. I walked up to the beer stand and suddenly as I paid my sight started to go black. I started having difficulty standing and I lost complete control of my legs and arms and passed out. Fell to the floor and needless to say scared the shit out of some people as I convulsed a little on the floor trying to get up. Definitely one of the worst experiences of my entire life and wouldn't want that experience on anyone.

Jeepers @Mender31 :ambulance:

That sounds terrible. Certainly worse than my experience I had. I just had the sweating and had to lie down but I didn't actually pass out or have convulsions. My gosh. That must have been very bad.

Thanks for sharing this story because it can help educate folk about what to look out for and how to prevent this.

As a matter of interest, were you vaping juice that was stronger than your normal strength or was it just the single coil versus dual coil at higher power that was the culprit?

I only vape 2 to 3mg juices and this was actually a 2mg juice but I think culprit was that I've never really vaped over 30 to 39 watts. On the dual tank and the dripper I had them at 50 watts and this was the first time vaping at that power plus the chain vaping definitely attributed to the matter. It also depens on each person's own history I think as I was never really a big smokers. Mostly had about 3 cigarettes a day depending on the day and during exams and partying more. But some people can easily transition from low wattage builds to high power. But some like me have to ease your system into it. The clouds overwhelmed me and I probably didn't hydrate enough either. Hopefully someone can learn from my experience and not make the same mistake I did

Sounds like a mild seizure brought on by too much nicotine. My sympathies.

Back