Don't be dumb with batteries.

Yup.
I cannot say it enough - battery safety is more important than the vape.
Can't vape without lips!

That battery vented very very quickly.....

sent from my telegraph machine using Tapalalk stop

Absolute truth take care with batteries or else you are going to have to minus upper jaw, low jaw, some teeth and whole lotta other damage.
Don't buy them al-cheapos!!!

Would love to see a vid like that comparing IMR to ICR types.

thats intense.. kinda making me scared.. its like carrying a bomb in your pocket
This is why we get all excited when newbies buy mech mods from shady retailers, blowing yourself (or others) up is a very real possibility.

im buying mine from silverbear. he seems to know what he's talking about haha. so guess ill be okay :)
as long as YOU know what you're talking about you should be fine

Dame I like my regulated mod even more now. At lest we know when the zombie apocalypse comes what to do lol

How safe is a Vamo or the like with a 18350 battery?

I've been looking at retailers offerings and they all say 'unprotected' or 'can explode'.

This kinda puts me off even a regulated device.

Sent via a NASA satellite which gathers my thoughts and relays them to the world

I've been looking at retailers offerings and they all say 'unprotected' or 'can explode'.

Sent via a NASA satellite which gathers my thoughts and relays them to the world
They're relatively safe in regulated mods, the electronics will prevent too much current from being pulled from the battery, if there is a short on the atty it simply won't fire.

so lets look at it the other way. if vaping is allowed everywhere, say 10 people could get the easiest to dead short battery and combine it with a specially constructed mod designed to shatter into shrapnel and literally undercover pipe bomb a large target group or make sure to take out one person. hmmmmm

Vamo covers you for shorts and overdraw off the battery. You're 99% safe there.
I am not 100% sure if the Vamo has reverse battery protection though... (inserting battery wrong way up/down).

Which is why it was so difficult for me to get a mod I am comfortable with. I want ALL the safety.
Turns out the Evic Supreme had all of them.

I treat both regulated mods and mech mods the same way, i.e. that my safety is my concern and treat both as if they have no safety features.

Dame I like my regulated mod even more now. At lest we know when the zombie apocalypse comes what to do lol

Still won't protect you from crappy battery or a fake that might vent below the 10A cutoff on regulated mods or a dead short from debris or something inside the mod (Keep it clean inside and the batteries authentic). That's why even regulated mods must and will always have vent holes.

Nicely said and noted here i was thinking this week end that i was going to go to the flea market to get a couple of 18650s for 38bucks but now i see this would be a bad idea

Vamo covers you for shorts and overdraw off the battery. You're 99% safe there.
I am not 100% sure if the Vamo has reverse battery protection though... (inserting battery wrong way up/down).

Which is why it was so difficult for me to get a mod I am comfortable with. I want ALL the safety.
Turns out the Evic Supreme had all of them.

I think it does have reverse battery protection.

Just a question. I have an ICR 18650 no-name brand battery in my mechanical mod that I bought in China. When I use a coil under 1Ω it fires and then cuts out for a minute or so and will then fire again. Would this be a safety thing built into the battery?

Just a question. I have an ICR 18650 no-name brand battery in my mechanical mod that I bought in China. When I use a coil under 1Ω it fires and then cuts out for a minute or so and will then fire again. Would this be a safety thing built into the battery?
bro, ICR, under 1 ohm , in a mech, My advise stop right now!
there are a good couple of threads regarding battery safety on the forum, that is really really not safe

Back