Dripbox fun

Ravynheart

The Curious Raven
LV

Awards
Hey guys. For those of us who have gotten the new Dripbox I'm sure that the question is, what exactly can one put on the stock atty to build good flavour builds, considering all the fun wires one can get. So, what has been used thus far on the stock atty by you great RBA experts?

Personally, since I know this device works idealistic at 0.2 ohms, I'm tempted to make my own tiger wire and give that a try. I know most people are using other atty on this but is there hope for the stock atty?

Opinions highly appreciated.

I've always gotten the best flavor with twisteds and clapton. Airflow is also important for flavour, not only the build. Having the coils as close to the airflow as possible normally produces good flavour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bit of an update: anyone find builds with 316l stainless steel that don't get destroyed in two days?

A bit of an update: anyone find builds with 316l stainless steel that don't get destroyed in two days?

If your 316 SS coils only last two days it's not the build, but the juice.

If your 316 SS coils only last two days it's not the build, but the juice.
They are getting burnt out. I've used the same juice and same build then suddenly the coils began dying in two days instead of lasting two weeks

Friend of mine did 2x 8 wraps 22g kanthal works stunning. Will do the same over the weekend (don't have 22g wire :()

I've been told 26 gauge (which is all I have at the moment) isn't suitable and I need 24 gauge

For me SS lasts just as long as Kanthal. Just be careful when dry burning - if you go too hot the SS will break.

Nothing wrong with 26 g, should work perfectly well.

I tried 26g and I could not get the build low enough I got to 0.4 I think and the vapour production was not that great

They are getting burnt out. I've used the same juice and same build then suddenly the coils began dying in two days instead of lasting two weeks

Sorry I don't understand, but from what I can gather you are using 26g 316l SS on the dripbox, so at 60w that wire should be fine. How does it burn out? Do you have a pic of the dead coil?

Unfortunately I switched back to my rolo and threw out the old coils. I tried even a spaced 26 gauge 2.5di at 8 wraps. All I got was burnt cotton and a dead coil

I tried 26g and I could not get the build low enough I got to 0.4 I think and the vapour production was not that great
Most of my dual coil builds in BF drippers are with 27 and 28 g wire, between 0.45 and 0.6 ohms. On mech mods. Gives me lots of flavour and vapour. And fast ramp up times.

To my mind lower than 26 g wire for dual coils is meant for regulated mods where you can give it lots of power.

Most of my dual coil builds in BF drippers are with 27 and 28 g wire, between 0.45 and 0.6 ohms. On mech mods. Gives me lots of flavour and vapour. And fast ramp up times.

To my mind lower than 26 g wire for dual coils is meant for regulated mods where you can give it lots of power.
Make sense but the dripbox is strange in that respect. It does not work with higher builds think that is why they supply it with a 0.2ohm coil

Make sense but the dripbox is strange in that respect. It does not work with higher builds think that is why they supply it with a 0.2ohm coil
Ah, that is strange. Maybe try Nichrome wire in it? Then you can use a higher gauge with lower resistance.

Friend of mine did 2x 8 wraps 22g kanthal works stunning. Will do the same over the weekend (don't have 22g wire :()

Hey bud... those posts holes are quite tiny... you sure it was 22 and not 24awg? Ive been running Dual 5 wrap 24g and thats already a super tight squeeze (Kanthal BTW). Getting some 24g N80 soon to try more wraps for better flavour and maintain resistance (dont want to build too high as this is a Mech after all and the oomph is diminished quickly).

Well the label on the wire said 22g. Will hopefully let you know after the weekend

I run 28g SS at 70 watts and they last me longer than Kanthal, a couple of weeks.

Let me rather ask this: what can I build with 26 gauge 316l stainless steel that won't burn my cotton to an oblivion and actually taste clean?

22g kanthal as promised. Ramp up is a tad slow but I like the overall vape.

Attachments

• coil.jpg
    coil.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 60
The original coil heads were awesome. I battled to get the same build to do the same.
I found 28g kanthal dual parallel was quite good.
Using SS now, only because resistance is lower so larger coil surface area is possible.
Try a 24g dual 2mm at 8 wraps. Comes in at just under the 0.2ohm but is magic.

@Ravynheart, you can also use twisted wire, works similar to parallel. I just find it easier to work with.

Also a point made earlier is that the juice can also fry up the coil quicker

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Back