Dripbox fun

Hey guys..

I will be getting the dripbox soon.. Any tips and tricks i could try kr juice recommendations

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6032 using Tapatalk

Since I switched to 24g kanthal I haven't had any problems. Looks like the Dripbox abhors stainless steel.

So the Dripbox I got on Friday was claimed by HRH. Found 26g ss 3mm ID 6 wraps to work perfect on it. I will see how it holds up when she gives it back for a wick change

If you want fun with your dripbox.

Dripbox fun.jpg

The coil is from an AIO coil so the leads were a bit messed up but the vape is worth it. You do have to squonk more often. We also did a dual build but I don't have the pics. :(

Just take note that a dual build should be handled with great care and caution because it comes in at 0.13 ohm

Before I forget the notch coil wants a lot of airflow or you will burn your wick

The coil is from an AIO coil so the leads were a bit messed up but the vape is worth it. You do have to squonk more often. We also did a dual build but I don't have the pics. :(

Just take note that a dual build should be handled with great care and caution because it comes in at 0.13 ohm

Before I forget the notch coil wants a lot of airflow or you will burn your wick
0.13 doesn't matter as it caps you at 60w.

I am not a 100% sure about that can someone verify that as a fact?

As far as I know, the chip of the drip box will not fire any build under 0.2ohms. Despite the "possible" 60W cap, building anything below 0.2ohms will be quite dangerous. Considering a 0.2ohm build with your cells at 3.8V, you will require 19A from your cells (I = V/R). For safety purposes, follow the rules of using a mech and build according to battery spec rather than trusting a mass produced chip.

I agree with all safety comments here, but in regards to the wattage question, if you take V (3.6) sqaured divide it by the resistance of 0.2 you already get over 60 watts (64.8), so it has built in volt regulation, to produce a 60 watt cap or the regulation doesn't work properly so that would worry me if its allowing you to fire less than 0.2 ...better just to stay out of the danger zone.

Being unsure about the safety is why I only did the one coil 0.25ohms and it is a really nice vape.

I agree with all safety comments here, but in regards to the wattage question, if you take V (3.6) sqaured divide it by the resistance of 0.2 you already get over 60 watts (64.8), so it has built in volt regulation, to produce a 60 watt cap or the regulation doesn't work properly so that would worry me if its allowing you to fire less than 0.2 ...better just to stay out of the danger zone.
Always assume that the battery is fully charged so use 4.2V as your voltage in these calculations.

Always assume that the battery is fully charged so use 4.2V as your voltage in these calculations.

Yeah you're right, thanks, that way you'll get the upper value. So goes to show that even at this devices suggested resistance you're looking at 88 watts without regulation, which isnt leaving much headroom on a typical 18650...so you're relying on the chip to do its job straight off the bat.

*edit cause my fat fingers cant type numbers on a cell screen

Last edited:
That was a harsh disagree rating I got :(

Hi guys I hope I'm posting in the correct thread but could someone please advise me on a build for my dripbox I want something that's going to give me dense clouds and I've got 24 gauge kanthal

Hi guys I hope I'm posting in the correct thread but could someone please advise me on a build for my dripbox I want something that's going to give me dense clouds and I've got 24 gauge kanthal

Using 24g Kanthal:
5 wraps
3mm ID
Spaced
Dual

Should be around 0.24ohm's, works very well for me.

@isiemoe even 24 gauge at 5 wraps in 2.5mm diameter spaced gives great flavour and vapour. It's what I found works best for me.

Does the 24g ramp up fast enough on the dripbox?

Back