Dripbox rda

Normz

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey guys

So I recently picked up the Kanger tech dripbox v1(60w) and I'm loving the squonking idea.

The only problem I have is that the throat hit is insane. I have tried the same juice in multiple devices and the hit is not there, but on the dripbox it is unbearable. I have also tried putting my own coils in the rda and it did help a bit, but not enough.

Would changing the rda to something like the serpent or the pulse22 help with this? Or is it just something you need to learn to love?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try the wasp nano RDA It works really well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Also try building slightly smaller
I am running 2mm ID, 8 wrap, 26g kanthal dual coils on a velocity V2 at 32 Watts and it's really good
Also make sure your cotton is flat under the coils and not touching them so you have an opening under the coil for air to pass under
Also check coil height they must be exactly in line with side airflow holes. The higher the coils the more the spitting and the harsher the vape

I see you based in JHB
I'm in the north of JHB so if you would like I can meet up with you and help you build for that setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey guys

So I recently picked up the manger tech dripbox v1(60w) and I'm loving the squonking idea.

The only problem I have is that the throat hit is insane.

@Normz, that's probably because you got ripped off and been sold a Manger Tech instead of a Kangertech :-D

just kidding man. It might be one or a few of many factors like: the juice itself, certain juices gave me a throat hit from hell on that thing, and another huge culprit would be forgetting to actually squonk the thing (which I doubt is the case here)

if you DIY, your juice might need some steeping?

Take @Blends Of Distinction up on his offer, it can only help:)

Pulse 22, best bf atomizer for the price in my experience, it's the real deal.

I can't understand why people don't want the throat hit.... Unless it's not really a throat hit, and more of a dry hit.

Now that is nasty.

Thanks for all the replies guys . @Blends Of Distinction i will definitely take you up on that offer. I have tried a lot of builds including their standard coils and it just seems very harsh. I do diy, but I used the same bottle of juice in my mage rda, my goon and my tfv8 and they all worked fine, took one toot of the subdrip and nearly lost a lung

@Alex , I don't mind a throat hit, but when it feels like you're vaping rusty barbed wire soaked in ammonia it's not too pleasant for me.

@Alex , I don't mind a throat hit, but when it feels like you're vaping rusty barbed wire soaked in ammonia it's not too pleasant for me.

@Normz, why don't you share a close up photo of your build. I would be interested to see.

Will do soon as I get home

@Alex , as promised. 26g ss, 5 wraps around 3mm jigIMG_1572.JPG

Thanks for the pic @Normz, I would rewick it with far less cotton, you really don't want a huge mass of cotton with a sqounker. Here's a photo I found that illustrates this on the dripbox.

Capture.PNG

Awesome, lemme give that a try. I tried to wick it the same as the installed coils, guess that could be the issue here

Feels a bit better. Still a bit harsh but not nearly as bad as it was

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 18
Feels a bit better. Still a bit harsh but not nearly as bad as it was

Little bit better, but you can still reduce the wick by 50% at least.
sketch_59b17b0c174fa.png

Wow, ok :) you learn everyday I guess. Is there a reason squonkers need so little wick in comparison to normal rdas?

Wow, ok :) you learn everyday I guess. Is there a reason squonkers need so little wick in comparison to normal rdas?

Yes, because the juice is being fed from below, the wick will soak it up, all you have to do is squonk it every so often. You'll discover when and how often through trial and error.

Yes, because the juice is being fed from below, the wick will soak it up, all you have to do is squonk it every so often. You'll discover when and how often through trial and error.
Good to know, thanks @Alex , you've been a huge help. Still think a new rda is in order purely for airflow, this one is tighter than what I'm used to so that might also be a factor, but I'm vaping happily now with only a minor burn now so I'm good :)

Little bit better, but you can still reduce the wick by 50% at least.
View attachment 106575
Another method that works for me, just because I only like cutting the ends off is to use the tweezers or a pick to comb the tail ends. This pulls out extra wick and thins the cotton out considerably.
I would recommend cutting a little longer than what you usually do because the thinning also shortens the wick.

Another method that works for me, just because I only like cutting the ends off is to use the tweezers or a pick to comb the tail ends. This pulls out extra wick and thins the cotton out considerably.
I would recommend cutting a little longer than what you usually do because the thinning also shortens the wick.
That's the way that works for me. I have no problems with dry hits

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back