Dropped My Nemesis :(

Alex

Reonaut
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
So I took my beloved nemesis apart tonight for a clean and well I accidentally dropped the bottom pipe tube, which landed right on the corner with the threads that take the firing button. Nice dent right on the threads. :confused::confused:????:eek::(;(;(;(

But after about 2 hours of pipe beating, I have managed to get the firing cap threaded on again :)

Still pretty upset at my bum luck, but no use crying over ...????????

so you might have seen my pictures of my torched stainless bits from my Magneto , well while torching the thinist bit the main tube i had it cherry red and dropped it , oh what a stunt . i managed to find a bit of old steel that was about 18mm dia and slowly wiggled it into the bent tube and re heated the whole tube while gently giving it another wiggle . problem solved . just dont do that again ..!

so you might have seen my pictures of my torched stainless bits from my Magneto , well while torching the thinist bit the main tube i had it cherry red and dropped it , oh what a stunt . i managed to find a bit of old steel that was about 18mm dia and slowly wiggled it into the bent tube and re heated the whole tube while gently giving it another wiggle . problem solved . just dont do that again ..!

Thant's a good fix man, I was thinking of trying something along the same lines, but I couldn't find anything suitable. Ended up using my longnose pliers very carefully, in conjunction with the sander on my angle grinder. Because the outside diameter of that bottom section is pretty important too I discovered. After managing to eventually thread the firing cap on, I discover the almost invisible kinks on the outer rim are preventing the button from firing. fortunately was able to sand them down.

On the bright side, I think I found the solution to the crunchy firing button problem on the nemi :rolleyes:??

Last edited:
I had dropped the top tube (for when using it in 18650 mode) once, has a nice needle point indent on it now. Fortunately the threading was on the inside and the dent was not so deep that is skewed the tube. Gives it character and will definitely know which neme is mine when putting it down at a vape meet.

Sad news, after experiencing a relapse this morning, the she never made it out of emergency surgery :cry:

This morning I unscrewed the bottom cap to try and fix a niggling firing issue, then screwed it back in carefully almost all the way, at which time the threads decided to lock up tight. And I mean tight, I've tried everything. Can't get it to budge more than a few mm either way.

And now I have another problem, fine razor like cuts on the inside of my thumb finger. damn

@Alex run boiling water on to the section and unscrew using cloth

Thanks, I'll give it a try, but I'm sure the damage to the SS threads have messed up the softer brass threads

Hopefully its not cross threaded but just some normal accumulating junk between the threads

id also suggest the hot water trick

that should loosen it up a bit

Thanks guys, the hot water didn't work but.. the vice grip with a strap did the trick. Lubed it with brasso and tried to give those threads a work out. So now it's kinda working ok I guess. Something is not right with the firing connection though, Button is very temperamental.. but hey at least the heartbeat is there :p

Note: this highlights the importance of that little pin, yeah the one that many peeps lose when taking the cap off. Make sure you use something strong like a 1.5mm drill bit as a replacement if you lose the original. Because the shearing forces are pretty high when that thing gets stuck.

Last edited:
as long as theres a heart beat there is hope

i'm currently running without that little pin or anything to replace it. the stickyness of the firing button annoyed me also but i was too lazy to try and get a small file to smooth the inside of the bottom vent hole drilling leftovers so i just took a hobby knife and rounded the rop of the plastic insulator off a bit. battery still sits on there nicely but now it just clicks smoother.

on another random note, where does the smaller of the 2 springs go?

i'm currently running without that little pin or anything to replace it. the stickyness of the firing button annoyed me also but i was too lazy to try and get a small file to smooth the inside of the bottom vent hole drilling leftovers so i just took a hobby knife and rounded the rop of the plastic insulator off a bit. battery still sits on there nicely but now it just clicks smoother.

on another random note, where does the smaller of the 2 springs go?

The smaller spring goes first, then the big one. The function of the small spring is to support that tiny pin, I watched a vid from Atmomixani, all in Greek btw. Where he demonstrates how to install it, but I had no luck trying to get it right.

i just have the small spring in the same place as the bigger spring atm. just didn't know what it was for. but the nemi is firing so i'm not gonna fiddle more with it :)

And you guys say go for a mech mod because it always just works compared to the electronic mods... it would seem that that isn't the case at all! :eek:

And you guys say go for a mech mod because it always just works compared to the electronic mods... it would seem that that isn't the case at all! :eek:

Hey mine still works :party:

She just got out of followup surgery, and the doc is well pleased.

PS. The Nemesis is practically indestructible. takes a licking and keeps on ticking..

Back