Dvarw RTA DL from KHW Mods in Hungary

@Darth Vaper and @Rob Fisher thanks for the suggestion guys! That's why I post those pics.
Will be unwrapping 1 or 2 wraps this weekend and give it another go. Still enjoying the Dvarw immensely though!

No, the one we were referring to had longer legs bending around... This is a bit better but I would still remove a wrap or two - try having around 5/6 wraps total. And as @Rob Fisher says, maybe raise the coil a bit too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also been experimenting with coil positioning , what would you guys say is the optimal ? Coil 1/4 way peeking over posts ?
I find the second to largest airflow adapter gives me crisper flavor also on 2.5mm coils ....

No, the one we were referring to had longer legs bending around... This is a bit better but I would still remove a wrap or two - try having around 5/6 wraps total. And as @Rob Fisher says, maybe raise the coil a bit too

Thanks guys, I was getting a bit worried since my second build is pretty tight. That other "spider-like" build was my first attempt. Sorry for the confusion. I will remove a wrap or 2 and raise the coil.

Also been experimenting with coil positioning , what would you guys say is the optimal ? Coil 1/4 way peeking over posts ?
I find the second to largest airflow adapter gives me crisper flavor also on 2.5mm coils ....

Still quite early days for me with the Dvarw so haven’t experimented too much with coil height yet, but I plan to try some tweaks out and will report back here. Would be nice to hear from the seasoned veterans on this...
I’m also currently using a 2.5mm SS/Ni combo framed staple alien (which is fantastic with Replay!) but also want to try some 3mm builds as I’ve always preferred 3mm in most of my other RTAs

Just wanted to share my experience with regards to wicking.
I followed the advice given here and went for the Exocet method of wicking like this ...
(Please note as I haven’t taken pics of my own I have used some pics of other people’s builds here for illustration. I am in no way questioning/critiquing their methods but merely using them for illustration purposes)
d22c00d0c69959656cfb584eecb79c27.png

As can be seen the cotton was trimmed outside the juice port. I then put liquid on the cotton and then gently spread the cotton out and around the juice flow hole (just like with the Exocet).
Vaping this way I continued to find that the vape was dry and the flavor was down. I tried numerous coils, different builds and Cotton with same result.

After looking at this carefully I found what was causing the problem. With to much cotton around the outside of the juice hole I found that when I screwed on the tank the gap between the tank and cap is very tight. I was compressing the cotton to tight in this gap almost sealing off the juice flow hole and the ability to wet the wicks effectively. I was literally choking and limiting the juice flow.
I then trimmed the wicks shorter like this ..
75ace17a337b65bd8bfd6159f31a34bf.png

05da910dff6904eca5b1c42ea8a5fa7b.png

If you look at above pic with clear cap on you can see just how narrow that gap is

And volla vape is moist, flavor is way way better and tank wicks like a dream.

So if you battling with muted taste and wicking using the Exocet method just check your cotton on the outside of the juice hole and make sure it is not to thick

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that @Blends Of Distinction
I will check this next time i rewick
Mine is going ok but i think i need to improve my wicking a bit

Just wanted to share my experience with regards to wicking.
I followed the advice given here and went for the Exocet method of wicking like this ...
(Please note as I haven’t taken pics of my own I have used some pics of other people’s builds here for illustration. I am in no way questioning/critiquing their methods but merely using them for illustration purposes)
d22c00d0c69959656cfb584eecb79c27.png

As can be seen the cotton was trimmed outside the juice port. I then put liquid on the wick and then gently spread the cotton out and around the juice flow hole (just like with the Exocet).
Vaping this way I continued to find that the vape was dry and the flavor was down. I tried numerous coils, different builds and Cotton with same result.

After looking at this carefully I found what was causing the problem. With to much cotton around the outside of the juice hole I found that when I screwed on the tank the gap between the tank and cap is very tight. I was compressing the cotton to tight in this gap almost sealing off the juice flow hole and the ability to wet the wicks effectively. I was literally choking and limiting the juice flow.
I then trimmed the wicks shorter like this ..
75ace17a337b65bd8bfd6159f31a34bf.png

4c676f1009aa2b4ef7f18e427904f5e8.png

And volla vape is moist, flavor is way better and tank wicks like a dream.

So if you battling with muted taste and wicking using the Exocet method just check your cotton on the outside of the juice hole and make sure it is not to thick
Thanks for the discovery! @Petrus some insightful info here...

Thanks for sharing that @Blends Of Distinction
I will check this next time i rewick
Mine is going ok but i think i need to improve my wicking a bit

Hi ho Silver.
I felt exactly the same
I tried different coils, different diameter wraps, coil height and various cottons but still wasn’t getting the right vape until I discovered this cotton being to thick on the outside.
Dam if only I spotted this earlier it would have saved me going round and round in circles for some time now

Found another way to wick the Dvarw.....stay tuned it will blow your mind.... Video should be up tomorrow....

Hi ho Silver.
I felt exactly the same
I tried different coils, different diameter wraps, coil height and various cottons but still wasn’t getting the right vape until I discovered this cotton being to thick on the outside.
Dam if only I spotted this earlier it would have saved me going round and round in circles for some time now

Its great that you share tips like these and discoveries on various devices
Saves us from the hassle and sometimes the frustration of trying to figure it out.

Mine is not dry hitting - the flavour is there - and I dont think I am too thick on the wick outside - but there is something not right. Its almost as if the airflow and the coil are not well matched. You know, the feeling you get when its all just matched properly and the coil is getting just the right airflow. Hard to explain - anyway, mine feels like the "wheel alignment is slightly out". Lol. But I will try get it right... and I will check my wick thickness...

Its great that you share tips like these and discoveries on various devices
Saves us from the hassle and sometimes the frustration of trying to figure it out.

Mine is not dry hitting - the flavour is there - and I dont think I am too thick on the wick outside - but there is something not right. Its almost as if the airflow and the coil are not well matched. You know, the feeling you get when its all just matched properly and the coil is getting just the right airflow. Hard to explain - anyway, mine feels like the "wheel alignment is slightly out". Lol. But I will try get it right... and I will check my wick thickness...

OK I need to share then....

Think Scottish roll method meets absolute wheel alignment....

OK so pitstop time , thought I'd do a quick picturial of my wicking method :

1. Coil position , I find if it's too low the wick tends to be too much at an angle and this may affect wicking.
dvarw1.jpeg

2. Probably most important is to make sure the juice holes are aligned with the coil , doesn't need to be to the mm but if it's too angled you don't get the best wicking.
dvarw2.jpeg

3. Forgot to take a pick of the cotton roll method but it's basically the Scottish Roll method or Boerie Roll whatever you want to call it :p
Also important is to "fluff" the ends of the wick after you've cut it , from the inside out basically creating a funnel ....
I cut the tails fairly short , as short as I can closest to the base of the juice hole cap
Juice it up and CBP expands quite a lot so don't be too alarmed if your wick looks thin , less is more actually as long as it covers the juice holes
dvarw3.jpeg
dvarw4.jpeg
dvarw5.jpeg

4. The glass tank doesn't make that much of a difference , still early days only first tank but will update when I've done a few tanks.
Filled it up with my last bit of Red Pill (Houston we have a problem! I'm almost out of Red Pill eish)
I found the stock drip tip is good but I prefer the Merlin Mini drip tip , still one of the most comfortable tips ....

dvarw8.jpeg

Thanks @Daniel
So you go right through the cap, coil and then cap on other side

PS - agreed on merlin mini drip tip - it is so comfortable. Have it on my Hadaly
Wish i could get more somewhere

Hands down the best investment this year! The dvarw DL rocks. Running a ss316l coil, 2.5mm inner 26ga, .45ohm, in replay mode, getting a super flavorful vape and consistency when chain vaping. Bazooka definitely my favorite at this stage, have yet to sample the infamous "red pill" thanks uncle @Rob Fisher the dvarw is a chicken dinner for sure.

Attachments

• 15328728944738454793620367014949.jpg
    15328728944738454793620367014949.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 36
Hands down the best investment this year! The dvarw DL rocks. Running a ss316l coil, 2.5mm inner 26ga, .45ohm, in replay mode, getting a super flavorful vape and consistency when chain vaping. Bazooka definitely my favorite at this stage, have yet to sample the infamous "red pill" thanks uncle @Rob Fisher the dvarw is a chicken dinner for sure.
:winnerwinner:

Back