Early morning Vape

debslouw

Semi-Noob Vapour
LV

Awards
I want to find out if anyone else has experienced this.

I cannot vape first thing in the morning. I can only manage to vape after about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs after waking in the morning.

I have tried lighter mg (currently on 18mg) have tried 6mg, but no go, it feels like my lungs are closing.
I have also tried higher pg juice as well (70% pg 30% vg).

Which leaves my option to having a stinky in the morning.

What is the reason this happens ? any suggestions of what I can try?

I cannot vape first thing in the morning. I can only manage to vape after about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs after waking in the morning.

I have tried lighter mg (currently on 18mg) have tried 6mg, but no go, it feels like my lungs are closing.

i experience this too. cant immediately vape. takes about an hour or so before the lungs will accept the vapor. no idea why tho

This happens to me sometimes too, I keep a less powerful device around for when this happens. A soft fruity juice in the little evod and short toots helps ease into my normal setup.

This happens to me sometimes too, I keep a less powerful device around for when this happens. A soft fruity juice in the little evod and short toots helps ease into my normal setup.
will give that a shot and see how it works out for me. havent tried a fruity flavour or a less powerful mod as i usually go straight for my favourite option lol

What mod do you use, if i drop the power i can get my vape ;)

I must start the day slow lol .. then later i can punch the power :)

What mg juice do you use in the morning?
I have tried a less powerful vod but still a bit tough for me to vape.
Its frustrating because I would rather vape than have a stinky in the morning.

What mod do you use, if i drop the power i can get my vape ;)

I must start the day slow lol .. then later i can punch the power :)
I use the IPV2 on 10w with a Nautilus mini. I have also tried a 6mg juice with an iClear.

I use the IPV2 on 10w with a Nautilus mini. I have also tried a 6mg juice with an iClear.
Try turning it down to 7 or 8 watts, use the smallest air flow hole on the mini and take short shallow mouth to lung pulls, try not to pull too hard, just kinda let it flow on its own. At first you won't feel much happening, this is good.... gradually take harder pulls. Take your time with it.

What mg juice do you use in the morning?
I have tried a less powerful vod but still a bit tough for me to vape.
Its frustrating because I would rather vape than have a stinky in the morning.

I'm almost always on 18mg

Try turning it down to 7 or 8 watts, use the smallest air flow hole on the mini and take short shallow mouth to lung pulls, try not to pull too hard, just kinda let it flow on its own. At first you won't feel much happening, this is good.... gradually take harder pulls. Take your time with it.

I'm almost always on 18mg
I usually start the day on the smallest air flow hole on the nautilus, I've tried so many different things but can't remember now if I've tried it on a lesser watt. Will give it a try tomorrow morning and see what happens. Thanks a million!
Do you think that it could also be the pg & vg percentage?

Have you tried a coffee first thing, or water etc.

I had the same problem with smoking.

I always have coffee first thing :) can't start my day without it - maybe I should try the water (after my coffee...lol). I normally have water from about 7am but then I can vape already. The coffee doesn't help with early vaping for me.

In addition to my previous comment - its strange that on a weekend I can only vape 3-4 hours after waking up, but during the week its 1 1/2 - 2 hrs.

For me the 1st thing I do when I open my eyes is reach for my mod. the same one that stays by my side 24/7. Nothing too harsh, but I'm also not toning back. Roughly 18 watts.
This habit started directly after I stopped smoking. Due to the fact that vaping nic uptake is slower, I conditioned my self to start early before the craving starts.This habit stuck around, and is now part of my daily routine. Muscle memory so to speak.

For me the 1st thing I do when I open my eyes is reach for my mod. the same one that stays by my side 24/7. Nothing too harsh, but I'm also not toning back. Roughly 18 watts.
This habit started directly after I stopped smoking. Due to the fact that vaping nic uptake is slower, I conditioned my self to start early before the craving starts.This habit stuck around, and is now part of my daily routine. Muscle memory so to speak.
Then it might be that I've cut down from 25 smokes to 2 - 4 a day. Maybe I should just push past the chest pain and might get used to vaping first thing. Its rough for me though to vape so early. But also really want to stop smoking stinkies completely, getting so close. Thanks so much :D

In my opinion vaping and smoking does not mix well. There might be chemical reasons for that above my understanding.
For me vaping really started to shine about 3 or 4 days after my last cig.

In my opinion vaping and smoking does not mix well. There might be chemical reasons for that above my understanding.
For me vaping really started to shine about 3 or 4 days after my last cig.
That's awesome news!! I do find that after cutting back on smokes and vaping more the stinkies taste really really bad. So I usually have my first 2 smokes between 5:30am & 6:30am and nothing till the next morning again. With vaping more it helps me to not want a smoke and me having to remind myself how horrible it tastes after vaping for a couple of hours, plus I don't crave a smoke again either which is a really good thing. I think if I can vape first thing in the morning I won't want another smoke! :D It also helps that I have a great mod, tank and awesome juice!

That's awesome news!! I do find that after cutting back on smokes and vaping more the stinkies taste really really bad. So I usually have my first 2 smokes between 5:30am & 6:30am and nothing till the next morning again. With vaping more it helps me to not want a smoke and me having to remind myself how horrible it tastes after vaping for a couple of hours, plus I don't crave a smoke again either which is a really good thing. I think if I can vape first thing in the morning I won't want another smoke! :D It also helps that I have a great mod, tank and awesome juice!
My transition smoke was in the afternoon when I got home after work. I will get hom at 5PM. Go directly to the study and light a smoke.
That went on until one day I got home and the packet was finished. I said out loud "ah F*** it", and took my PV and vaped. Never looked back.
It was an habitual smoke that. After a bike ride, I always wanted a smoke.

My transition smoke was in the afternoon when I got home after work. I will get hom at 5PM. Go directly to the study and light a smoke.
That went on until one day I got home and the packet was finished. I said out loud "ah F*** it", and took my PV and vaped. Never looked back.
It was an habitual smoke that. After a bike ride, I always wanted a smoke.
That is so true, its habitual! For me its in the morning with my coffee, which I'm hoping I can change. Looking forward to trying all the advice tomorrow morning first thing and hoping I can vape then instead of having a smoke. I know then if I can change that then I won't be needing that 2nd smoke after that. My problem is in the morning at 5:30 am and I try to vape it feels like my chest is in a vice. So maybe if I can stop smoking completely that won't be a problem anymore! :D

Also consider a pure VG juice (at least for the morning) if possible. Much less strain on the lungs.

Agree with you both that it's almost entirely habitual - I haven't had a cigarette in 4 weeks but still get cravings when I have a cup of coffee. The worst craving though for me is during rush hour traffic and dealing with all the idiots on the roads!

Also consider a pure VG juice (at least for the morning) if possible. Much less strain on the lungs.
Thanks so much, will definitely try that, and do you think a lower mg will help with the pure VG too?

The only time this has happened to me was when I started vaping, the first morning of my vape journey made me cough to much and I had a stinkie which felt 'better' but the very next morning I wake 'n vaped and it has been that way ever since with great satisfaction.

Thanks so much, will definitely try that, and do you think a lower mg will help with the pure VG too?
No, I think you would need the nic. Just try higher VG. Think what you do differently on weekdays than weekends. Now do that different thing for weekdays more (e.g. more activity) to cut down on those few hours.

Agree with you both that it's almost entirely habitual - I haven't had a cigarette in 4 weeks but still get cravings when I have a cup of coffee. The worst craving though for me is during rush hour traffic and dealing with all the idiots on the roads!
Its also hard when other people around us smoke, when you smell the smoke it makes you crave a smoke.
I can fully understand with the idiots on the road, you just want to have a smoke, they don't make it easy...lol!

Back