ECIGS SA is a special place

This is a very interesting thread and I have been trying to wrap my head around why the ECIGSSA forum is what it is... I have to say the first impression of the forum was the forum software and just how well it worked compared to all the other forums I have been involved in... there is no doubt that the forum software is the best there is and the fact that we have a highly skilled propeller head (@Gizmo) in the background working on it all the time is the cherry on the top!

Then for me the experience of my first posting being welcomed by the likes of @Andre, @Silver and others so warmly just got me going right away! The help and advice in my vaping journey skyrocketed the minute I joined the forum. Thanks to @vaalboy for introducing me to the forum! Withing a few days I felt part of the "family" and I think the excitement of being able to kick the stinky habit that had ruled my life for 35 years and the support and advice was overwhelming... I knew then that ECIGSSA was a special place.

Since then I have come to realise that the Admin and Mod team and all the members make this forum the place it is today!

I will be forever grateful to @Gizmo for having the foresight to set up the site and the fact that he funds the entire operation! He may not post much but he spends a huge amount of time on the site! Thank you @Gizmo for everything you have done and for being you! :inlove:

There are a lot of other members that need special mention but there are too many and I would hate to miss out on any of you!

I just love ECIGSSA! :h:

Here is a cloud to @Gizmo. The man behind the interface.

images (1).jpg

and I think the excitement of being able to kick the stinky habit that had ruled my life for 35 years and the support and advice was overwhelming... I knew then that ECIGSSA was a special place.

Thanks @Rob Fisher - I think you nailed it with this comment. The excitement of kicking the stinky habit is spot on!

As well as the support and advice - then it becomes a vicious circle - you get lots of support then you want to give others the same - all because you are very excited about it too

And I also agree that the forum is so slick. That also plays a very big part - once again huge credit here to @Gizmo. If it was a "sloppy unslick slow" forum, none of us would stick around for very long.

So this is a multi-faceted thing. Quite remarkable actually.

And I also agree that the forum is so slick. That also plays a very big part - once again huge credit here to @Gizmo. If it was a "sloppy unslick slow" forum, none of us would stick around for very long.
And the best part of this software, that Up Down arrows on the side. You have any idea how many times i looked for that on FB and other forums :)

I love this forum, but not for the fact that I founded the forum, but due to the fact that I have actually formed genuine friendships on this forum.

We have a community of people on here that are so friendly, down to earth and welcoming. The "elitists" that you find on other forums are rife and we lucky on ECIGSSA to have a understanding and friendly community specially towards the newbies.

I do hope that as the forum grows that it does not loose its specialness, and sub-groups become more apparent, however, I feel with South Africa being relatively small and we keep a eye on the bad apples we should continue growing with the amazing community we have as a solid core foundation.

I actually feel embarrassed when my name gets mentioned on the forum as the be all of this amazing forum because its frankly not true at all. When the forum started it took all the members in the beginning to help the forum to gain momentum, members that come to mind ( @Derick, @Melinda, @Andre, @Riaz, @ET, @CraftyZA ) to name a few that all helped create the atmosphere we have today, I just helped build the stadium nothing more!

So in closing it is all of us on here that have made this forum and it's especially not me.. We are all legends and ex smokers that are proud and I really see this community growing from strength to strength!

Last edited:
I love this forum, but not for the fact that I created, but due to the fact that I have actually formed genuine friendships on this forum.

We have a community of people are here that are so friendly, down to earth and welcoming. The "elitists" that you find on other forums are rife and we lucky on ECIGSSA to have a understanding and friendly community specially towards the newbies.

I do hope that as the forum grows it does not loose its specialness, and sub-groups become more apparent, however, I feel with South Africa being relatively small and we keep a eye on the bad apples we should continue growing with the amazing community we have as a solid core foundation.

I actually feel embarrassed when my name gets mentioned on the forum as the be all of this amazing forum because its frankly not true at all. When the forum started it took all the members in the beginning to help the forum to gain momentum, members that come to mind ( @Derick, @Melinda, @Andre, @Riaz, @ET, @CraftyZA ) to name a few that all helped create the atmosphere we have today, I just help build the stadium nothing more!

So in closing it is all of us on here that have made this forum and it's especially not me.. We are all legends and ex smokers that are proud and I really see this community growing from strength to strength!

Humility...another common quality among the members of this awesome community :D

@Gizmo you rock :rock:
Even though you may or may not be more important than anyone else, you are definitely just as important and (I'm sure I speak for everyone) we all appreciate what you have helped create for us here :clap:

I still believe that vaping will not be for everyone and the big difference here too is that we all stand together...we are a movement to more than just a healthier lifestyle, but we are threatening the very financial reserves and incomes of governments and the elitist.

We shall cripple this major industry and remove the blind folds from the masses. We even see the main stream media retracting statements against ecigs...it is a battle that we are winning slowly, but relentlessly we stand together against this greater evil

I'm a vapor and proud... Ecigssa is my family and I will fight besides anyone of you amazing people

I LOVE YOU ALL :)

I actually feel embarrassed when my name gets mentioned on the forum as the be all of this amazing forum because its frankly not true at all. When the forum started it took all the members in the beginning to help the forum to gain momentum, members that come to mind ( @Derick, @Melinda, @Andre, @Riaz, @ET, @CraftyZA ) to name a few that all helped create the atmosphere we have today, I just helped build the stadium nothing more!
!

Oh yes of coarse, the seasoned members here have really set a strong precedence around here.

If you guys didn't put this awesome forum together I most probably would've resort back to tobacco and smoked meself to ashes by now, thanks to you all: @Derick, @Melinda, @Andre, @Riaz, @ET, @CraftyZA and last but not least - after all he has the power to pull the plug; @Gizmo. And thanks to all the other members for supporting the new and "old" as well as your daily entertainment.

If you guys didn't put this awesome forum together I most probably would've resort back to tobacco and smoked meself to ashes by now, thanks to you all: @Derick, @Melinda, @Andre, @Riaz, @ET, @CraftyZA and last but not least - after all he has the power to pull the plug; @Gizmo. And thanks to all the other members for supporting the new and "old" as well as your daily entertainment.
It definitely adds to the motivation to stay away from the stinkies, if you know you would have to hide your face on ecigssa if you relapsed :)

IMHO @kimbo sums it up perfectly, the respect, support and maturity of the community makes this forum unique.The fact that anyone can post questions/ comments without getting trolled is something which will definitely grow this forum and I would hope it stays this way.
+1 to kimbo's comment on age group, If we could maybe get a sticky with age and place of residence, would perhaps work long term to increase camaraderie between vapers in the same area.

This place is very special indeed! I've been around here for a while now and this in my facebook.
All the guys I have met through the forum are "real" good people.
With the help of all the guys that started the forum I quit smoking and haven't looked back since. I will never smoke again thanks to you guys!
@Andre , @CraftyZA , @Riaz , @ET , @Gizmo , @Stroodlepuff , @Derick , @Melinda and @RIEFY , you guys opened this new world to me and I'm forever thankful. Also all the guys that joined around the same time as me, we all just clicked and became good friends. Love it. I don't make friend very quickly. Lol.
Thanks to everyone that contribute to the forum every da. You make this place magical!
I don't post so much these days, but I do read everything and nuke the crap out of spammers. :rofl:
To everyone who have joined the forum and are to afraid to ask or join in, please don't be. The quicker you start asking and joining the quicker your journey will start. Like I said. We are all good human beings on this forum and we are all ready to help wherever we can!

Every time I go onto ECF I miss the "thank you" button, the "agree" button and all those various expressions of emotion - they only have a "like" button.. And I miss the medals and the ribbons. For sure @Gizmo with @Stroodlepuff has given us a software foundation where more of what makes us truly human - emotion - can be reflected. And with that - recognition - which every human being is always in need of.

And the first members (inter alia those mentioned above) used those tools to create a relaxed spirit of welcoming, caring, sharing, recognition and equality.

And new members, for example @Silver, @vaalboy, @Rob Fisher, @johan, @TylerD, @annemarievdh, @Zodiac, @BhavZ, @Zegee, @Alex, @Gazzacpt, @devdev, @Metal Liz. @RIEFY, @RezaD and others, came along and reinforced and built on all this each in his or her unique way.

And still newer members added their variety and spice, but in keeping with our essential spirit, for example @kimbo, @zadiac, @Riddle, @ShaneW, @Yiannaki, @paulph201, @andro, @JakesSA, @BumbleBee, @Danny, @r0gue z0mbie, @VapeSnow, @Marzuq, @free3dom, @VandaL, @Arthster, @Rotten_Bunny, @LandyMan, @Dassie, @Philip Dunkley to name but a few.

I name members at my own peril from the top of my head and am sure I have missed some. My most humble apologies. Of course each and every active members contributes to make this forum what it is. Thank you for that.

As I approach my 10 000th post on this forum I now have the luxury to contribute less information, rely more on others' inputs and have more fun. Technology and product variety have in any event overtaken me!

A special word of thanks to all the Reoville residents - they have not only created a special little village, but have always been active and major contributors in the bigger city of Ecigssa.

May this forum always be the central hub for vaping at this most southern tip of Africa!

Last edited:
Every time I go onto ECF I miss the "thank you" button, the "agree" button and all those various expressions of emotion - they only have a "like" button.. And I miss the medals and the ribbons. For sure @Gizmo with @Stroodlepuff has given us a software foundation where more of what makes us truly human - emotion - can be reflected. And with that - recognition - which every human being is always in need of.

And the first members (inter alia those mentioned above) used those tools to create a relaxed spirit of welcoming, caring, sharing, recognition and equality.

And new members, for example @Silver, @vaalboy, @Rob Fisher, @johan, @TylerD, @annemarievdh, @Zodiac, @BhavZ, @Alex, @Gazzacpt, @devdev, @Metal Liz. @RIEFY, @RezaD and others, came along and reinforced and built on all this each in his or her unique way.

And still newer members added their variety and spice, but in keeping with our essential spirit, for example @kimbo, @zadiac, @Riddle, @ShaneW, @Yiannaki, @paulph201, @andro, @JakesSA, @BumbleBee, @Danny, @r0gue z0mbie, @VapeSnow, @Marzuq, @free3dom, @VandaL, @Arthster, @Rotten_Bunny, @LandyMan, @Dassie, @Philip Dunkley to name but a few.

I name members at my own peril from the top of my head and am sure I have missed some. My most humble apologies. Of course each and every active members contributes to make this forum what it is. Thank you for that.

As I approach my 10 000th post on this forum I now have the luxury to contribute less information, rely more on others' inputs and have more fun. Technology and product variety have in any event overtaken me!

A special word of thanks to all the Reoville residents - they have not only created a special little village, but have always been active and major contributors in the bigger city of Ecigssa.

May this forum always be the central hub for vaping at this most southern tip of Africa!
pity we dont have a 'love it' button. reading your post really hit the high note for a monday morning. you have hit the nail right on the head with this one with one exception... you have not mentioned yourseld and your valuable contributions to the forum..

You are all right, ECIGSSA is a special place.

And that is thanks to every one on the forum. Some of you have ment more to me than you would ever realise. :hug:

Ag you know who you are @Stroodlepuff, @Gizmo, @Melinda, @Derick, @johan, @TylerD, and Mr Legend aka @Andre or as I met you @Matthee.

And then there it the 1 or 2 that I sometimes wished I could kick in the face...

mmmmm

Hahaha now I've got everyone wondering, just joking ;)

EDIT: Can you belive I forgot THE VAPE SERGEANT ... Mr @Rowan Francis

EDIT again: Ow dear... I forgot you 2 @Silver :blush:

Last edited:

And new members, for example @Silver, @vaalboy, @Rob Fisher, @johan, @TylerD, @annemarievdh, @Zodiac, @BhavZ, @Alex, @Gazzacpt, @devdev, @Metal Liz. @RIEFY, @RezaD and others, came along and reinforced and built on all this each in his or her unique way.

Thanks for your post @Andre
So well worded. I enjoyed it thoroughly

You make such a valid point that this forum is more closely aligned with emotions given the post rating options. You are right, that is a major factor.

And then all the special people. I agree 100%.

Allow me to just talk a bit about @Andre. Many of us hold you in very high regard. And your 10,000 posts have added an immense amount to this forum, not to mention the journeys of so many of us. I can say without a doubt that you played an extremely important role in my vaping journey and I thank you so much for that. I would do it all over again and i have no regrets. Salute.

Awesome thread indeed,
All i can really say is that the people here are special and in some cases "special" but that is what makes this Second Home so Amazing, i have met only a few and spoken telephonically only to a handfull, but let me say this. Who and what they are on the forum are exactly who and what they are in real life.

We are one massive family that keeps it real.

Rotten Bunny.

Vape the Planet !

I couldn't have said it better.
What I would like to add is that I see vapeing not just as a hobby but a life saving activity, and this forum's energy and the enthusiasm of its members has made a difference to many an ex smoker.

Totally agree with all the previous comments! I love the forum and the people here on the forum!
A very very very special place! The experience on the forum is like no other. Other forums can't even compare as they wouldn't even come close! The genuine, helpfulness, willingness, understanding and caring from all the people on this forum is what makes it so special! There are indeed a lot of legends on this forum :D and I thank you all for being who you are and for being part of my journey!
If it wasn't for this forum, I'm sure I would still be vaping on those old Ego's and Liqua

Back