ECIGSSA Comp 6 - Vaping Has Saved My Life! - (Sir Vape, House of Vape, Vapers Corner)

I realize that im far from the minimum required posts to qualify for this competition but i just wanted to add my experience with vaping.
Thanks

Thanks @LouwrensE - loved your entry and the hand-written message.
Fantastic!!!

Hi Guys

I started smoking 10 years ago, around the same time I started having serious depression. I kicked the depression but the cigarettes stayed, I managed to kick the habit for 2 separate years in between by focusing on martial arts. After tearing my anterior cruciate knee ligaments I picked up the habit again permanently and watched my health decline. I switched over to myroll-your-owns as I preferred the taste and it was generally perceived as safer, I started doing some research and realized this is in fact a continually perpetuated myth and rollies are in fact more dangerous than cigarettes. Something needed to give and roughly a year ago, after my then 18 month old picked up a chest infection, I decided I needed to quit. My dad who had been a vaper for a few years then, loaned his kbox mini kit to me and now I don't roll cigarettes, I roll coils.

It is a crime that there are people who would seek to ban vaping and all vapers who are in the movement at this point have a responsibility to share the message before it is too late. We can save countless lives and improve the standard of living for even more! IMG_6346.JPG I'm tagging @WaqaarM who is a new friend who knows an old friend. We met through the classifieds section here, how random?

Vapers lung.jpg

I was a 20 to 30 pack a day smoker for 12 years until a day came where I was struggling to breathe.
I made a decision to give vaping a go with the intention to quit the stinkies and also due to my health.
I am proud to vape as my health is a million times better.
I can breathe, taste my food, sleep, run and smell better too.

Vaping Has Saved My Life!

@kevkev

I saw this meme a while ago and although funny it makes a very good point:
images-204.jpg

Now as a lot of you know I was by no means a permanent smoker before I started vaping. I only did it recreationally and on stressful days.

I was well on my way to becoming a smoker and vaping might have steered me away from that course.

What I am proud of is the loved ones I got off smoking so far. Having lost two grandparents to lung disease and cancer respectively I am well aware that the habit is a killer. Below is some of my loved ones I got to join me in vaping:
- My wife who was a smoker, loves her tarot Nano, and since quitting the stinkies she is officially now fitter than me when we excercise, and her coughing is a thing of the past!
- Her sister was a HEAVY smoker, and I have her on my old EVOD and she went dowm from a pack or more a day to a pack a week, still fighting to get completely off stinkies
- Her girlfriend, who I gave my Ego Aio to, went from chainsmoker to chainvaper and she now has a lot more energy and zest for life, and even looks better!

Next in my crosshairs is my mother in law. She is a bit of a stubborn one but she has the other Evod. She smokes a carton a week. Vapes when I visit but smokes otherwise so I am still trying to find a flavour/nic content that she wont put down but I am optimistic.

I think vaping is one of the best discoveries of the century, saving millions of people who converted to it and it does not deserve any bad press funded by the big tobacco companies. I will always be an advocate for vaping wherever I go and wherever I mingle with smokers such as weddings and braais, they are impressed with it and I trust I created enough of an impression to get them to take it up themselves afterwards

Tagging @Lord Vetinari

Last edited:
unnamed (2).jpg

I started smoking in school to be part of the badass crowd. It was the bad boy rebel attraction that hooked me. It continued on for around 13 years.

I felt my health deteriorating. The shortness of breath after light exercise, persistant cough and wheezy chest. The fact that i got sick often and took weeks to recover. Those sticks of death work a lot quicker than one imagines.

Something needed to change. My friend convinced me to pick up vaping. Took the plunge and that brought me here onto this amazing forum.

Vaping, in its entirety, has given me a whole new dimension to life. The health improvements are vast, to the point where i have yet to get a cold or flu since i started vaping. My lung function has improved dramatically. I have had the oppertunity to meet some wonderful people. I have taken up modern alchemy in that i attempt to mix 'liquid gold' every weekend. The mini metallurgist in me plays with wonderful and wierd metals and builds fanciful coils. The money is short these days, which multiplies problems, but, cigarettes ain't one of them.

images.jpg
Bonus Pic!

Tagging @sideshowruki

This competition is closed.

We will be doing the judging and arriving at the winners soon.

Thanks to those who entered, your entries were fantastic and it was great to see and read the stories.

Procrastination is its own punishment.
Might as well post it. In no way competes with some of the entrants level of professionalism but seeing I did the effort...
Pluss vape2.png
Belated Regards

EDIT: Thinking about this, there is no need that we stop posting these type of testimonials just because the competition ended. @Silver, If you agree, could we perhaps move these posts to a thread with relevant title and continue this as documented affirmation of the truth about vaping.

Last edited:
You guys have been really patient, and to be honest that surprises me because that's not usually the case with us vapers, so a special well done to everyone! We have really battled to choose the 10 entries that will go through to the random draw, hence the delay. But we have managed to finally get it down!

Thanks to everyone that entered, and remember that even if you aren't a winner here, we're all winners overall because vaping has saved each and everyone of our lives!

Without further ado, based on originality, effort and the message, the entries are...

@Slick
@ddk1979
@DoubleD
@Atsbitscrisp
@Schnappie
@Jus_Joos
@Create-A-Cloud
@KZOR
@Feliks Karp
@Caveman

We're going to let the news sink in with you guys a bit, pause for effect, let some tension and suspense build, and just generally take our time with the draw to make you all sweat!

You guys have been really patient, and to be honest that surprises me because that's not usually the case with us vapers, so a special well done to everyone! We have really battled to choose the 10 entries that will go through to the random draw, hence the delay. But we have managed to finally get it down!

Thanks to everyone that entered, and remember that even if you aren't a winner here, we're all winners overall because vaping has saved each and everyone of our lives!

Without further ado, based on originality, effort and the message, the entries are...

@Slick
@ddk1979
@DoubleD
@Atsbitscrisp
@Schnappie
@Jus_Joos
@Create-A-Cloud
@KZOR
@Feliks Karp
@Caveman

We're going to let the news sink in with you guys a bit, pause for effect, let some tension and suspense build, and just generally take our time with the draw to make you all sweat!
200_s.gif

WOW! Cant wait, suspense is killing me... :grazy::grazy::grazy::grazy:

Whoever the winners are, i know we are all winners for beating the addiction to stinkies!!! Congrats all. Goodluck to the top 10!!!

Hold your horses gents ;-)

Just a reminder of the awesome prizes up for grabs - from the awesome generous vendors

Prize from Sir Vape
  • 4 x 30ml Bottles of Juice
  • 2 x 50ml Bottles of Juice
  • 1 x SV Cap
  • 1 x Tongue Twisters
  • 1 x SV Vape Mat
  • 2 x SV Battery Cases
  • 2 x SV Vape Bands
  • Free shipping within SA

Prize from House of Vape
  • 1x Got cookies 180ml (international)
  • 1x Pure Ten 50ml
  • 1xPure lush 50ml
  • 1x 60ml Baccy man
  • 10x HOV vape bands

Prize from Vapers Corner
  • R1,500.00 Vapers Corner online voucher

banner-2-jpg.57166

houseofvape-jpg.57563

vapers-corner-jpg.57261

Just a reminder of the awesome prizes up for grabs - from the awesome generous vendors

Prize from Sir Vape
  • 1 x SV Cap
  • 1 x Tongue Twisters
  • 1 x SV Vape Mat
  • 2 x SV Battery Cases
  • 2 x SV Vape Bands

Prize from House of Vape
  • 1x Pure Ten 50ml
  • 1xPure lush 50ml
  • 1x 60ml Baccy man
  • 10x HOV vape bands

Prize from Vapers Corner

banner-2-jpg.57166

houseofvape-jpg.57563

vapers-corner-jpg.57261
Some amazingly generous prizes from our vendors in this community!

Prize from Sir Vape
  • 1 x SV Cap
  • 1 x Tongue Twisters
  • 1 x SV Vape Mat
  • 2 x SV Battery Cases
  • 2 x SV Vape Bands

Prize from House of Vape
  • 1x Pure Ten 50ml
  • 1xPure lush 50ml
  • 1x 60ml Baccy man
  • 10x HOV vape bands

Prize from Vapers Corner

banner-2-jpg.57166

houseofvape-jpg.57563

vapers-corner-jpg.57261

haha, I am sure this is just what the 10 remaining contestants need to "hold their horses" ... Those are some awesome prizes.

Ah man. Came back to late for this!! Good luck to the chosen one's! May the vape be with you..

Ok guys

We are getting ready to do the random draw ...

Not long to go ;-)

We are going to do one random draw and the first three names on the list will be winners of the prizes.

Name 1 - Sir Vape prize
Name 2 - House of Vape prize
Name 3 - Vapers Corner prize

Back