Ecigssa spam alerts

@Silver @Christos
Just happened again and I see they posted in some of the threads as well

Thanks @ivc_mixer
It was @Kuhlkatz that reacted first on our team and nuked them ;-)

Our tech team are telling me that the built in spam blockers are blocking more spam since this issue started. We still working on improving things though. But for the meantime we are going to have to keep an eye out and remove some of it manually. Thankfully they not causing other damage to the forum software. Or at least that hasn't happened yet.

OK [USERGROUP=3]@Admins[/USERGROUP] i want you to start taking note of the range of ip addresses and see if there's a pattern. I.E: if it's a range of sequential numbers in a row, you can block that range.

But truth be told. It probably won't be the best solution long term to combating this problem.

OK g0g i want you to start taking note of the range of ip addresses and see if there's a pattern. I.E: if it's a range of sequential numbers in a row, you can block that range.

But truth be told. It probably won't be the best solution long term to combating this problem.

Hi @RainstormZA , thanks for the message
We have already blocked certain ranges. Going for a wider range or blocking entire countries is a challenge because it will prevent legitimate usage of the forum. So it is a tricky situation.

Good morning @Silver .... It seems we have been hacked again ⬇️

View attachment 168049
Do not say hacked. It's the wrong terminology to use, it's a wonder we have so much panic on Fb because people misuse that word in wrong situations.

The more correct term would be spam.

If we were hacked, we would find subtle changes that would be easy to miss.

Thanks guys

Spam has been removed

Yes, the correct term is spam. We have not been hacked. These guys are just signing up normally as would anyone else and then posting all their nonsense

Our spam blockers have stopped quite a lot more in the background but some do get through

Damn my bad @RainstormZA .. I didn't realise I needed to have the correct terminologies at 6h11 in the morning:sleeping:. Unfortunately we are all not computer lingo savvy but will make a note to remember in the future :smirks:

Last edited:
Damn my bad @RainstormZA .. I didn't realise I needed to have the correct terminologies at 6h11 in the morning:sleeping:. Unfortunately we are all not computer lingo savvy but will make a note to remember in the future :smirks:
Yeah sometimes people need to be corrected. Yeah I hear you on not computer savvy but no excuse to go and learn the differences.

I did an article on forum account security not so long ago so maybe everyone needs a fresh look at it again. I can't emphasise how important it is in today's age and time where there are more online attacks taking place.

Yeah and sometimes people should have a way of correcting people or making statements or trying to bring there points across. Then we would have less conflicts and arguments on this forum.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that but I did not realise I was in school and u opted to school me..

Hmmm Didn't see u schooling anyone else on this thread that used the word "hacked" and their was quiet a few. .. Wonder why .???

This is a vape forum not a computer literacy class.

All I did was report an issue!

And U right there is no excuses to further one's education but unlike u my expertise lies in renovations and construction and not sit the entire day on a computer but rather be in the field itself.

N.B Notice the thread we in... Hence the terminology "hacked".

Last edited:
Yeah sometimes people need to be corrected. Yeah I hear you on not computer savvy but no excuse to go and learn the differences.

I did an article on forum account security not so long ago so maybe everyone needs a fresh look at it again. I can't emphasise how important it is in today's age and time where there are more online attacks taking place.

No, we do not need to learn the difference simply in order to report that there is a problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So must we now learn medical terminology before we phone an ambulance??

Easy guys n gals
No need to get upset over terminology

@RainstormZA is right, we have not been hacked. Just normal spam. Nothing untoward - just people trying to spam the forum with their nonsense.

Am just grateful that the wonderful folk on this forum let us know and notify us here when they spot anything suspicious. It all helps!

Easy guys n gals
No need to get upset over terminology

@RainstormZA is right, we have not been hacked. Just normal spam. Nothing untoward - just people trying to spam the forum with their nonsense.

Am just grateful that the wonderful folk on this forum let us know and notify us here when they spot anything suspicious. It all helps!

After this I'll think twice about reporting anything suspicious or hack/ lol spam related issues @Silver coz who wud wane be schooled at 6am about terminologies...:wink::sleeping:

Last edited:
After this I'll think twice about reporting anything suspicious or hack/ lol spam related issues @Silver coz who wud wane be schooled at 6am about terminologies...:wink::sleeping:

Don't worry @hot.chillie35
Report as much as you like - it really does help us.
I don't mind what you call it ;-)

If you have never used the incorrect term for something then by all means let me know how wrong we really are.
2019-06-03 18.45.52.png

I think the forums weakness has been exposed so ill stick to hacking, if thats ok with everyone.

Last edited:
Back