Ehpro Raptor Subohm Tank 2ml/4ml

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Raptor Subohm Tank 2ml/4ml from Ehpro. The Ehpro Raptor Subohm Tank was supplied for the purpose of this review by Christina from Heaven Gifts.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Ehpr...-Tank.html

Introduction

Ehpro were known for manufacturing quality affordable clones but that seems in the distant past as more recently they have been manufacturing some well received products of their own, including many collaborations with reviewers. The Raptor is a 25mm in diameter subohm tank which houses Falcon compatible coils that use Sea Grass Fiber Cotton as their wicking material. Subohm tanks over the last 2 years have got progressively better and better as we have seen the use of mesh coils and more recently experimentation with wicking materials. The only thing that still often lets subohm tanks down is turbulence and noise when plenty of air is introduced so does the Raptor offer anything new?, Let's find out!

In The Box

Contents:

2ml EU Edition

1 x Raptor Tank(2ml)
1 x Replacement Glass Tube(6ml, in a separately package)
1 x Single Coil (pre-installed)
1 x Dual Coil
1 x 510 Drip Tip Adaptor
4 x O-ring
1 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card
1 x Certification Card

4ml EU Edition/4ml Standard Edition Single coil+Dual coil

1 x Raptor Tank(4ml)
1 x Replacement Glass Tube(6ml)
1 x Dual Coil
1 x 510 Drip Tip Adaptor
4 x O-ring
1 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card
1 x Certification Card

4ml Standard Edition Single coil+Quad coil

1 x Raptor Tank(4ml)
1 x Replacement Glass Tube(6ml)
1 x Quad Coil
1 x 510 Drip Tip Adaptor
4 x O-ring
1 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card
1 x Certification Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Raptor came in cardboard box with outer cardboard sleeve packaging and on opening i found i had received the Silver version. The Raptor is available in Black, Silver and Gunmetal, all colour versions come with a Goon fitting 810 Resin drip tip. Apart from the top-cap sliding mechanism being a bit jerky the build quality is very good, machining and threading is as good as you will get with a subohm tank.
The Raptor has a diameter of 25mm and comes pre-installed with a straight glass, it is quite tall and looking through the glass we can see the installed large coil head. The airflow control ring is quite smooth with a short straightened section either side with the Raptor logo printed, these straightened sections can be used for grip when adjusting the airflow which is large dual slots. Below and above the airflow control ring we have bands of heavy textured design and we also have a grooved textured design on the top section of the tank.
Moving to the base we have etched safety stamps and branding, the Gold plated 510 is fixed and protrudes slightly.

Raptor Specs and Features:

Size: 25 x 52.9mm
Capacity: 2ml/4ml(Normal Glass Tube)(an extra 6ml Bulb Glass Tube included)
Material: SS+ Resin
Coil Type: Sea Grass Cotton Mesh Coils: Kanthal Single Mesh Coil 0.15ohm(40-70W)/ Kanthal Dual Mesh Coil 0.25ohm(60-80W)/ Kanthal Quad Mesh Coil 0.15ohm(70-100W)
Drip Tip: 810 Resin
Revolutionary and Powerful Subohm Tank
Initiative Sea Grass Mesh Coils
360° Surrounding Airflow System
Long Lifespan and Excellent Flavor
Widely Compatible with Horizon Falcon King Coils
Optional 2ml/4ml/6ml Capacity
Thread: 510
Colours: Black, Silver, Gunmetal

The Raptor's Various Parts

The Raptor is pretty basic in it's components comprising of a rather nice Resin Goon style fitting 810 drip tip and top section which is made up of sliding top-cap, fill plate and attached chimney. The base section has an airflow control ring with very large dual airflow slots and stoppers, looking at the bottom of the base we have etched safety stamps and branding, the Gold plated 510 is fixed and protrudes. Looking inside the base we have a positive plate and the coil head gets screwed into the base and onto the chimney when the tank is screwed together. The Raptor comes pre-installed with a straight glass that holds 4ml of e-liquid (bung reducing capacity to 2ml (TPD version)) that is secured to both the top section and base with thick o-rings, also included is a 6ml bulge glass.

The Coils

The coil heads are quite an interesting design and also use Sea Grass Fiber Cotton as their wicking material. Not too sure whether Sea Grass can be processed to give a Cotton looking material or if like we have seen with other experimental wicking materials the Sea Grass Fiber is mixed with Organic Cotton.
The wire material of the mesh is not marked on the coil heads but is Kanthal. Pre-installed we have the EL1B-3 Single mesh coil which is 0.15ohm and has a rating between 40-70W. The other included coil is the EL2B-3 Dual mesh coil which is 0.25ohm and rated between 60-80W, also available but not included is a 0.15ohm Quad mesh coil which has a rating between 70-100W. The coils will also fit the Falcon and the Falcon coils are also compatible with the Raptor which is a big pro and adds to choice. The air enters the coil heads via the bottom and here is where we see an interesting propeller design splitting the airflow in 3 as it enters the coil head in theory both reducing turbulence and keeping it quiet.

Filling

The Raptor has a slide open top-fill method and we have an arrow head to show where to push. The movement when opening is quite jerky and really wish it was much smoother but it's not loose so when closed it's not going to open when in the pocket. The fill port is a good size with plenty of room to also allow air to escape when filling.

My Experience Using The Raptor

Apart from the top-cap not opening as smoothly as i would like i really can't find any fault with the Raptor. When i read the Falcon coils were compatible i did think that would be a pro because it would mean better coils were available for it but both the coils that come with the Raptor are matching the Falcon coils for flavour and have superior smoothness. In fact the single mesh coil has the smoothest airflow i have ever known with a single mesh coil which have in the past gave cracking flavour but have given turbulence also making a tank loud.
The propeller design definitely works smoothing the airflow out while still giving bags of air, i needed to use the single mesh coil head with the airflow less than half open for the restriction i like. The dual mesh coil gives more restriction but i still only had the airflow halfway and this coil matched the single mesh coil for both flavour and smoothness, i only preferred the single mesh over the dual because i can use it at a lower wattage. Both coil heads have zero break-in time giving top-notch flavour from the off and i found they have such a wide range for giving their best flavour from their lowest rating right up to 20W over their high rating as i found both coils still wicked with no problems but the vape at these wattage's was far too hot for me. I personally preferred the single mesh coil at 60W and the dual mesh coil at 75W, unfortunately i didn't receive the quad mesh coil head to try. While testing the tank i just stuck with the 4ml straight glass so i did need to fill quite often so if it was my go to tank (which despite rating it highly i use RTA's mainly) i would switch to the 6ml bulge glass which gives very good capacity. I got through several tank fills of e-liquid with both coil heads and the flavour from both is still banging which actually hasn't surprised me as longevity with coil heads when using experimental wicking materials has been much better than using just Organic Cotton.

Solidly built
Very nice Resin 810
3 Colour options
Quick top-fill
6ml Capacity
Straight and bulge glass included
2 different Mesh coils included (single mesh, dual mesh)
Quad mesh coil also available
Use coils in Falcon
Use Falcon coils in Raptor
Plenty of air (adjust airflow for restriction you like)
As good flavour as i have had from subohm coils
Zero break-in time
Good coil head longevity
Super smooth airflow
Innovative propeller airflow design with coil heads
Sea Grass Fiber Cotton wicking material
Didn't have any leaking issues (used 60%VG and 80%VG e-liquids)

Cons

Top-cap doesn't slide open smoothly (very jerky action)
Wire material not given on coils

I would once again like to thank Christina from Heaven Gifts for supplying the Ehpro Raptor Subohm Tank for the purpose of this review.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Ehpr...-Tank.html

Sea grass sounds interesting @Timwis, thanks for the review!
6ml tank capacity for the win...

Back