Eliquid colour change

Imotions

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi all
Im almost 100% i read a thread somewhere around of liquid changing colour
Basically i got a bottle of Joos E Liqs SNVL 18 3mg now my issue is that when i fill my tank the juice changes colour from clear to like a copper / brown colour.... no taste change though... im just worried that even thugh taste dont change it mustn be some sort of chemical reaction that would hurt my pink ex smoker lungs lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi all
Basically i got a bottle of Joos E Liqs SNVL 18 3mg now my issue is that when i fill my tank the juice changes colour from clear to like a copper / brown colour.... no taste change though... im just worried that even thugh taste dont change it mustn be some sort of chemical reaction that would hurt my pink ex smoker lungs lol

Shouldn't be a problem. As far as I know if there is something wrong with a juice you will taste it right away.

How long does it take for the juice to change colour in the tank? Are your coils and wicks new? And have you given your tank a bath recently?

You sure its not just the previous liquid that could be altering the colour? Try cleaning out your tank then filling it.

It doesnt take long for it to change... like a few minutes but i noticed its more rapid change when i vape n hear gets to the liquid...... at first i tot it was the coil n wick so i changed it .. then tot tank is dirty cleaned it still noth8ng same thing happeneing

It doesnt take long for it to change... like a few minutes but i noticed its more rapid change when i vape n hear gets to the liquid...... at first i tot it was the coil n wick so i changed it .. then tot tank is dirty cleaned it still noth8ng same thing happeneing

Lol weird. Maybe take a pic of your bottle and how it looks in your tank

Weird... I would try get hold of the blender and see if they can advise you. And then let us know what it is!

20161104_111847.jpg20161104_111840.jpg

Maybe i shud use my babies steriliser liquid n soak the tank lol.... but its strange that it happened all of a sudden ive never experienced this before even with mixing juices in the tank

View attachment 74122View attachment 74123

Maybe i shud use my babies steriliser liquid n soak the tank lol.... but its strange that it happened all of a sudden ive never experienced this before even with mixing juices in the tank

lol Maybe your tank just steep liquid the moment you fill it. Is this on every new fill?

Yeah like i said first i tot wick n coil so i changed it n got the habit of cleaning the tank one time... filled up and it started so i tot ohk maybe its not clean enoght but the old juice will come out but still nothing... and its the second day its happening... ill try one last time later tonight and soak everything overnight n see tomorrow what happens ... i thought maybe someone ele exprienced the same

Color change is nothing to worry about. It's just a result of oxidation and has no effect. If there's something wrong, you'll taste it and if not than just vape it

Yeah like i said first i tot wick n coil so i changed it n got the habit of cleaning the tank one time... filled up and it started so i tot ohk maybe its not clean enoght but the old juice will come out but still nothing... and its the second day its happening... ill try one last time later tonight and soak everything overnight n see tomorrow what happens ... i thought maybe someone ele exprienced the same

You using commercial coils or the rba deck?

I had some 26g kanthal so i built a coil dont ask how many wraps n stuff lol... 26g kanthal with some cotton bacon

You said once the tank heats up the colour change occurs? That could possibly mean something in the tank seeps out at those temps or that this juice is rapidly oxidizing. Have you tried it in another tank?

You said once the tank heats up the colour change occurs? That could possibly mean something in the tank seeps out at those temps or that this juice is rapidly oxidizing. Have you tried it in another tank?
@Imotions Perhaps its just that liquid. Try another clear one if you have

Yes if the tank heat up its changes faster but if i fill up n just leave it then it takes time ..... other tank no change happens

Almost like a warm bath but just whilst vaping

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Yes if the tank heat up its changes faster but if i fill up n just leave it then it takes time ..... other tank no change happens

Time to strip and clean out this tank then, strip it as best as it can break down and clean everything. It's possible that the second tank doesn't get as hot, but if one does it and the other does not, your answer is most likely the tank.

Time to strip and clean out this tank then, strip it as best as it can break down and clean everything. It's possible that the second tank doesn't get as hot, but if one does it and the other does not, your answer is most likely the tank.
So tonight im gna strip it down and brush it clean and try again.... im forcing the issue of using this tank coz the other is the orcish tank and damn that shit drinks juice like no ones business

So tonight im gna strip it down and brush it clean and try again.... im forcing the issue of using this tank coz the other is the orcish tank and damn that shit drinks juice like no ones business

Make sure to clean out the chimney well, could be build up in there that is falling back in to the juice as it heats up and softens.

Ohk cool ill first soak it up and then brush it out see from there will report back tomorrow

Hi all

This is my thoughts about it. Remember oxidation of the nicotine can change the color of your vape. Oxygen speeds up the oxidation. When your bottle is closed, the oxygen in the bottle is used up. So what oxygen does is steals atoms from the nic causing color change. I'm thinking that the oxygen in the bottle is used up, when you fill your tank, the vape is then mixed with oxygen again and oxidation is sped up. Pls note: oxidation does not change the flavor only the color. To test if this is what's happening, let your bottle of vape breath for 1 to 2 hours, then close it and shake vigorously. Leave it for a while and see if the color starts changing

This is my thoughts about it. Remember oxidation of the nicotine can change the color of your vape. Oxygen speeds up the oxidation. When your bottle is closed, the oxygen in the bottle is used up. So what oxygen does is steals atoms from the nic causing color change. I'm thinking that the oxygen in the bottle is used up, when you fill your tank, the vape is then mixed with oxygen again and oxidation is sped up. Pls note: oxidation does not change the flavor only the color. To test if this is what's happening, let your bottle of vape breath for 1 to 2 hours, then close it and shake vigorously. Leave it for a while and see if the color starts changing
Oh yes and another thing, heat also speeds up oxidation a lot. When the vape is heated the molecules start moving around a lot faster. Heat speeds up the steeping process, I do believe this is what's happening with your vape

Oh yes and another thing, heat also speeds up oxidation a lot. When the vape is heated the molecules start moving around a lot faster. Heat speeds up the steeping process, I do believe this is what's happening with your vape
Are you refering to in the bottle or tank? Coz this is happening in the tank

Are you refering to in the bottle or tank? Coz this is happening in the tank

What I'm saying is when its in the closed bottle, the oxygen isn't renewed and used up, but when you throw your liquid into the tank, it is basically mixed with new oxygen, which speeds up the oxidation, and when you add heat to it that speeds up the oxidation much more than just oxygen by itself. If you want to test if that's the reason for the color change, take your bottle of vape, open it and let it stand for 1 to 2 hours, then close the bottle and shake with all your might. And then fill your basin with hot geyser water, just enough to cover 3 quarters of the bottle and let it stand until it cools. If it changes color you know its just oxidation, nothing to worry about

Back