Essence Vapor - Juice Reviews

Hooked

Vapin' up a Storm
LV

Awards

Essence Vapor_Amaretto Cold Brew.jpg Essence Vapor_Amaretto Cold Brew_Back of bottle.jpg

ESSENCE VAPOR – AMARETTO COLD BREW
Int. (California)

Flavour Description:
“… [a] deep cold brew coffee flavor with almonds, caramel, and a hint of vanilla bean”

WARNING stated on back of bottle:
“May contain elements of peanuts.”

VG/PG: VG 100%
Nic: 3mg

My comments:

Before I comment on my experience, I would like to touch on the above warning about peanuts. This appears on the bottle only; not in any flavour description on the internet. People need to be warned about this before they buy the juice – not after they’ve spent their money buying something which they probably will not vape if they’re allergice to peanuts.

I’ve really enjoyed vaping this coffee, with its distinctive Amaretto flavour. The Amaretto takes centre stage here, that’s for sure, but it’s a good combination with coffee.

The downside is that Amaretto is not a wake-‘n-vape or ADV flavour for me, but it’s good as an after-dinner vape.

Before I started vaping it, I was rather concerned about the 100% VG, for two reasons. Firstly, I expected it to be overly sweet, but it’s not. Secondly, I expected it to destroy my coil within a day, but that didn’t happen. I’ve been vaping it for a few days now with no problems.

There’s a good reason for the above, which you will see when you read the additional information below about Essence Vapor, which I found to be most interesting.

I expected a “Cold Brew” juice to be cool/chilled, there was no chill factor.

Information about Essence Vapor
https://essencevapor.com/about/

Only organic, all-natural ingredients are used: certified organic USP vegetable glycerin; certified organic flavor extracts and the highest quality cold-extracted nicotine available.

Their e-liquids never contain artificial flavorings such as PG (propylene glycol), dairy, gluten, sugar, or GMOs…

When asked why only organic ingredients are used, Ryan (the founder) says that,
“Artificial flavorings give you a hard-hitting sweet flavor, [but organic ingredients] are just so much better than those overly-sweetened artificial versions.” In addition, it reduces the carbon footprint.

As to the absence of PG, Ryan has this to say.
“A lot of vapers in the community equate propylene glycol with flavor because of its use as a flavor carrier in conventional [artificial] e-liquids. Because we use such a high amount of organic flavorings in our recipes, we don’t have to sacrifice taste… Besides, VG [vegetable glycerin] produces a lot more vapor than PG, so you’re getting more vapor in each hit when you’re vaping a Max-VG [100% VG] liquid like ours.”

He remarks that he “just can’t get behind inhaling a petroleum derivative every time I want to vape.”

He points out that some vapers don’t want PG or are suffering from allergies to PG. Furthermore, PG can’t be used in products that are certified organic.

Although Essence Vapor has always used organic ingredients, they were not certified by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). Read here for further information about USDA. https://www.usda.gov/media/blog/2012/03/22/organic-101-what-usda-organic-label-means

All 10 of their flavours are now certified and the new bottles have the USDA Organic Certification. (the bottle which I have does not state certification).

Very interesting indeed! It’s the first time that I’ve vaped an organic juice and a 100% VG juice. How does it compare with a non-organic juice? As far as flavour is concerned, it’s impossible to say, unless one has the same (non-organic) juice as a benchmark.

However, I am impressed by the lack of overloaded sweetness.

Would I buy this juice again: Unfortunately not, as I need coffee which I can vape at any time, not just after dinner.

My thanks to @CMMACKEM for so kindly sending me this juice, not only because it has added to my coffee reviews, but also introduced me to Essence Vapor.

Mod: Vaporesso Armour Pro
Coil: Commercial – Vaporesso GT Mesh 0.18ohm
Watts: 70W

Coffee Review #174

Back