Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Glycerin

That paragraph is Greek to me and I do not know how to correlate that to human vaping, but do understand the summary saying that VG seems to be quite safe.

Yeah, basically it says they exposed various animals to prolonged VG inhalation (like 6 hours a day for weeks - way more than we get in)
and in the end they could find nothing wrong with any of their organs

Thanks @Derick. That is good to know!

However when injected into the testicle it killed all sperm cells. LOL. Interesting read nonetheless.

Last edited:
Moral of the story... do not inject VG into testicles! :eek:

By the way, why did those scientists inject the poor rats in the testicles? Is it just me or does this seem strange?

Quote - Intratesticular injection of glycerol solution suppresses spermatogenesis (meiosis) without evidence of toxic or endocrine side effects

Quote - Intratesticular injection of glycerol solution suppresses spermatogenesis (meiosis) without evidence of toxic or endocrine side effects
that is klingon to me o_O

In other words... if you don't want babies, load up your mixing syringe (not the blunt one) with 100% VG and inject yourself in the nuts ;)

I haven't had kids yet

So I think I should stay away from syringes and VG.

In fact, I may just switch to 100% PG from now on ;-)

It pretty much means that they tried (and failed) to get the rats' body to re-act in any way to the VG - and they tried everything they could think of and even some off the wall ideas - so that they could go 'Aha! see it causes cancer'

But everything they did showed that VG is pretty much harmless - unless you are habitually injecting yourself in the testicles with it and trying to have kids.

PS : The endocrine system is referring to the collection of cells, glands, and tissues of an organism that secrete hormones

So it doesn't affect the hormonal system either

Last edited:
Back