Evic VT 60, poor flavour.

I did a 26 gauge, 12 spaced wrap on 2mm id on the Billow V2 and when I Locked my resistance in at 0.07ohm, the temp control was working great and i had no issues on my VT. I took the ego One tank off and it is just sitting there and not using it. I don't know if i did something wrong but i didn't enjoy the 2 stock coils that came with it. i just couldn't get the temp right with that tank. With the Billow V2 i have no issues at all.

I did a 26 gauge, 12 spaced wrap on 2mm id on the Billow V2 and when I Locked my resistance in at 0.07ohm, the temp control was working great and i had no issues on my VT. I took the ego One tank off and it is just sitting there and not using it. I don't know if i did something wrong but i didn't enjoy the 2 stock coils that came with it. i just couldn't get the temp right with that tank. With the Billow V2 i have no issues at all.
Same here, the ego one coil or tank works crappy, I don't get full flavor.

Evic VT
+ Ego one mega
- CLR 0.5 - wicks beautifully 60/40 warm vape, nice clouds
- 1 CL - cooler crisper vape 60/40 wicks fine
- 0.5 CL - cooler nice clouds wicks fine 60/40
- 0.4 TI CL - Shit
- 0.2 NI 200 - okay
+ Ego one mini
-0.5 CL same as mega
-0.5 CLR same as mega
+ Subtank
-NI200 - shit
-0.9 own build - awesome 60/40
+ Lemo 2
-0.9 own build - awesome 60/40

I don't know the layout of the TC coils but on the normal CLR coils what I do after I have re wicked it is to take a toothpick and push the cotton back into the coil housing so that it is flush. If you look at you coil housing from the top you don't want to see any of the cotton sticking out. Did wonders on the ego one.

I've always left some sticking out into the juice. It's Crazy how a much different a vertical coil performs vs a horizontal.

I'm a bit late to the party here but I'm having the same issues as the OP regarding poor performance from the Ti coil that came with the kit. I assumed that the CL-R coils didn't fit the Ego One Mega, do they fit? I'd much rather be building my own coils for this tank.

The clr coils fit 100% @BumbleBee and are leaps better than the ti or ni. However the ego tanks are rather meh. I'm using a lemo2 and Atlantis. Much better.

The clr coils fit 100% and are leaps better than the ti or ni. However the ego tanks are rather meh. I'm using a lemo2 and Atlantis. Much better.
Thanks @MorneW :)

I really want to like this tank because it looks awesome and matches the mod, when I first used it it was brilliant but it seems the standard coils don't age well, only a few hours before it became really inconsistent. I need to try the CLR coils then

Thanks @MorneW :)

I really want to like this tank because it looks awesome and matches the mod, when I first used it it was brilliant but it seems the standard coils don't age well, only a few hours before it became really inconsistent. I need to try the CLR coils then
@BumbleBee skybluevaping has a pack of 5 for R150. I also wished it worked out. But eventually I just gave up. Get enough grey hairs at work.

@BumbleBee skybluevaping has a pack of 5 for R150. I also wished it worked out. But eventually I just gave up. Get enough grey hairs at work.
Hehe, I've shaved off all my grey hairs :giggle:

I'll get some CLR coils, I'm determined to love this tank, I've waited too long for it to be disappointed :)

I just rebuilt a clr using nickel, 2mm 7 wraps 20mm leg came out at 0.06 ohms, (horizontal coil) tanks filled with Ambrosia 3mg can any recomend a temp to vape at using the vt...

The stuffs been steeping for 3 months idk doesnt taste much like what I remember. Not sure if 220 is too high...

I just rebuilt a clr using nickel, 2mm 7 wraps 20mm leg came out at 0.06 ohms, (horizontal coil) tanks filled with Ambrosia 3mg can any recomend a temp to vape at using the vt...

The stuffs been steeping for 3 months idk doesnt taste much like what I remember. Not sure if 220 is too high...
How many gauge Ni did you use?

Sheesh all that detail and I forget the gauge... 26g - vapowire

Japanese cotton wick

gave it about ten minutes to wick and now shes vaping like a boss :)
And what's the flavor like on the clr using Ni? I've been using the stock coils and flavor wasn't so great on mine compared to the subtank mini and ijust 2 tank

And what's the flavor like on the clr using Ni? I've been using the stock coils and flavor wasn't so great on mine compared to the subtank mini and ijust 2 tank

I'll post something tomorrow, I know the vertical stock coils vs the horizontal vape completely differently but i've used kanthal for those "experiments".

I want to rewick my lemo 2 and subtank. Then use the same flavour on all three in the same day to decide if the ego 1 mega with clr heads is worth keeping.

I'll post something tomorrow, I know the vertical stock coils vs the horizontal vape completely differently but i've used kanthal for those "experiments".

I want to rewick my lemo 2 and subtank. Then use the same flavour on all three in the same day to decide if the ego 1 mega with clr heads is worth keeping.
I look forward to hearing your opinion.

@BuzzGlo Waiting patiently for your findings. Maybe I'll give it another go if it's worth it.

Test done flavor is Comparable to the subtank(old version or altered) on the ego one mega, lemo 2 has more flavor.

in other news I tried a aspire Triton 0.4 ohm on a smok m80 today. Guess I need a new tank. Soo Good

I've been using the Ti coil in the Ego One Mega for most of the day and I find it much better than the Ni coil so far in terms of consistency.

I've been using the Ti coil in the Ego One Mega for most of the day and I find it much better than the Ni coil so far in terms of consistency.

Different stokes for different folks I hate the ti coil.

Back