Evic VT Heads-up

@BumbleBee @BuzzGlo - here you go

YXd9l7h.jpg

Just to clarify (will edit original post too)

From my understanding of Phill's review, the device fires at 30w and then moves down to the set wattage.

From what I can taste, the vape is obviously very weak at 10w. No "jump" (as in internal and not on the display) to 30w and then going down, just feels like a very weak vape to me at 10w.

Just to clarify (will edit original post too)

From my understanding of Phill's review, the device fires at 30w and then moves down to the set wattage.

From what I can taste, the vape is obviously very weak at 10w. No "jump" (as in internal and not on the display) to 30w and then going down, just feels like a very weak vape to me at 10w.
Maybe he just got a dud, or maybe it becomes a problem after a bit of use? Who knows. I'm glad yours works fine.... I am a little jealous by the way ;)

Maybe he just got a dud, or maybe it becomes a problem after a bit of use? Who knows. I'm glad yours works fine.... I am a little jealous by the way ;)
Yeah, only time will tell. Don't be jelly, get one with the new batch.:p

Will see if the problem presents itself after a week or so of daily use.

Also want to add that if anyone has the means to test it, they are welcome to use my device. As long as they make the arrangements and look after her. ;)

Yeah, only time will tell. Don't be jelly, get one with the new batch.:p

Will see if the problem presents itself after a week or so of daily use.

Also want to add that if anyone has the means to test it, they are welcome to use my device. As long as they make the arrangements and look after her. ;)
Oh yes, I am definitely getting one, a yellow one, just holding out for the next batch. Kinda wishing and hoping that the new batch will have software upgradability. I know, optimistic but I can dream :)

Oh yes, I am definitely getting one, a yellow one, just holding out for the next batch. Kinda wishing and hoping that the new batch will have software upgradability. I know, optimistic but I can dream :)
That would be nice. Will probably then sell mine and also go for the new batch if there is upgrades available.

No problems with mine. Been using it over a week already. And to be fair, out of the dozens of vt's that's been reviewed, Phil's was the only one doing it? And even more, of the thousands that's been sold, nowhere else have I heard a similar issue.

Any evic users can confirm the same is happening with them?
With mine I dont have coils that are higher than 0.5 ohm... and I was vaping at 27.7 watts at the time in any case... so for me I did not notice this...

But i'm sure you can replicate the results he found simply by building a let's say 1 ohm or 1.5 ohm coil, and take it down to 5 watts... then in theory it should fire up to 30 watts and back down to to the wattage you wanted..

don't know if it will do this with a 0.5 ohm coil as well and certainly with a 0.5 ohm coil it will be harder to tell if it actually happened...

Sad to say I can confirm. dry burned a 1 ohm coil on 9w and it heated and burnt clean on one fire for less than a s.

It happens the first time you connect the atty. so unscrew and screw on again and you'll see it happen.

Hmm, I only tried on around 0.5 coil.

In any case, looks like it will work for me as that is the range that I prefer. Hope they make a plan for all the other vapers that vape at 1ohm and up.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge while sitting in a blissfull vaping cloud.

ok, so for those who do have this issue, and who will run into it in the future because they actually use coils higher than 1 ohm and are actually vaping at those low wattage's.... I wonder how Joytech is going to implement updates, seeing as they have removed the firmware upgrade feature from this device.... hmmm, mass call back? LOL

Luckily i'm not going to have the issue, but it is a pity that it does exist for the few that will need it... Hope Joytech has some workaround to the firmware upgrades and that people will be able to get it fixed...

ok, so for those who do have this issue, and who will run into it in the future because they actually use coils higher than 1 ohm and are actually vaping at those low wattage's.... I wonder how Joytech is going to implement updates, seeing as they have removed the firmware upgrade feature from this device.... hmmm, mass call back? LOL

Luckily i'm not going to have the issue, but it is a pity that it does exist for the few that will need it... Hope Joytech has some workaround to the firmware upgrades and that people will be able to get it fixed...

Same here, will also not have this problem. But I do however feel bad for the guys that it will be affecting. Also hope Joytech finds a solution to this.

With mine I dont have coils that are higher than 0.5 ohm... and I was vaping at 27.7 watts at the time in any case... so for me I did not notice this...

But i'm sure you can replicate the results he found simply by building a let's say 1 ohm or 1.5 ohm coil, and take it down to 5 watts... then in theory it should fire up to 30 watts and back down to to the wattage you wanted..

don't know if it will do this with a 0.5 ohm coil as well and certainly with a 0.5 ohm coil it will be harder to tell if it actually happened...

Well I like my tanks around the 0.5ohm mark as well so I should be fine?

firstly I bought this to vape in temp mode Idk why you would run it in kanthol mode. I'd have a separate mod and dedicated tanks for that but anyway. I built a fresh coil 1.6 ohm been vaping it for the past 30 min at 9 watts I've only had the 30w spikes when I just put the atty on. everytime I get them its unpleasant but I've checke the cotton and its fine. Vaping the same coil on the Ehpro spd the vape is exactly the same.

should have gone for the invader mini fellas
No thank you. I like the looks of the evic much more. It seems like the spikes only really affect the 1ohm up group and I don't vape that high. The temp control part seems to work good.

Very happy with my purchase as are many others. If I wanted an invader mini I would have bought one.

No thank you. I like the looks of the evic much more. It seems like the spikes only really affect the 1ohm up group and I don't vape that high. The temp control part seems to work good.

Very happy with my purchase as are many others. If I wanted an invader mini I would have bought one.

2nd that

Sent from my Note 4

Maybe we have to press the button 42 times :hit:

Been vaping my eVic for over a week now on temperature and VW modes and loving it, not a big fan of the ego one mega tank but the mod does the job and I'm a happy vaper. Can't wait to put the Billow2 with dual coil nickel built on this mod, meanwhile, my subtank does the job.

Last edited:
Back