Evod switch in home brew

so you want to hack an evod switch and use that with an 18650 battery?

is it for a DIY project or to replace a switch in an existing mod ?

for the DIY you WILL need a mosfet to protect that switch, otherwise it will just die

Hi @Ryan69
If you mean removing the switch from the evod and putting it directly into the + off an 18650 the answer is no. That switch is capable of very low amp switching only. If you give more info will be able to advise you better.

Can i use the evod battery switch in conjunction with an 18650 battery working on a mod
Simple answer, not really, those evods are designed for 2.5 amps max and anything more will blow it.
You need a mosfet rated for the current you expect to draw, heres the way I did it with a 10A 18350 cell.

for the DIY you WILL need a mosfet to protect that switch, otherwise it will just die

Thanks all im building a mod for a dripper if im using the switch how do i know what mosfet to get guys
The IRLB3034 can handle 195A and has a low trigger voltage, unlike the IRFZ44N which sukkels to turn on with a single lipo voltage.
I think it was about R50 from Mantech

Back