Expensive coils

reijnier

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards

Shadow Coils D.S.F Pro Plus Aliens how long do the last ,is the taste better and when do I need a stronger mod​

Im returning from a 10 year break of no smoking and vapin and the technology is so much better

Shadow Coils D.S.F Pro Plus Aliens how long do the last ,is the taste better and when do I need a stronger mod​

Im returning from a 10 year break of no smoking and vapin and the technology is so much better

All valid questions with so many possible answers:

Shadow Coils D.S.F Pro Plus Aliens how long do the last? That depends on what juice you use, how often you clean it out and burn your coils clean again. It is all user dependent. It could also be a question of how long ago did you buy them and how long they have been in the cupboard and under what condition it was stored. Also user dependent.

Is the taste better? Compared to what? I like plan wire coils, so the taste is better for me on what I use. But a tri-core fused clapton tastes better in a single coil RDL RTA. Where round wire tastes better in a MTL RTA. Also dependent on what you use, how you wick.

When do I need a stronger mod? What are you running now, what do you see as stronger? What ohms and watts are you running at currently?

So give us a bit more info and we will be able to guide and suggest as much as we can.

I bought an smok arcfox 230 watt with a dead rabbit 3
I had ruff over the counter talk Im pleased with my setup second hand for 1000 bucks was a moth old but the Geekvape Aegis Legend 2 (L200 Classic Kit) Mod has bigger batteries I really dont know butt Im just asking dont think I need more than one mod but Im thinking of purchasing 2 mor rta then its one for deserts one fruit and one candy

If you are not vaping at 200w, then you won't need anything bigger. It is all about finding what works for you on different juices too. But what you have is already more than ample for your needs.

Ok thank you I am pritty happy with what I have what do you do to vape at 200 wat how is it possible

At 74 to 75 Watts a pair of Molicel P28A 18650 2800mAh 35A lasts me 8hrs or more hours +-. Contrary to all suggestions I charge in the device. Therefore my priority is the number of mods with matching tanks for rotation between charging and using. I am old and always end up topping up my juice with the wrong one so all now have the same juice. Flavour changes aren't a priority for me.
Just my tuppence and opinion.
We're all different and have different requirements.

You need 0.2ohm at 200W and your batteries will give in way before you start enjoying in, so no point in it on variable wattage. Rather just find your sweetspot and stick to it.

Ok thank you I am pritty happy with what I have what do you do to vape at 200 wat how is it possible
Why do you want to? Is it to use your batteries quicker? Use more juice? Wick more often? Impress your self? Just asking.

No I vaped a bit ten years back 80 watt was the max on devices Im just wondering if its possible I think my setup is fine I have a smok nord 5 for nic and vape for the pleasure I think this setup will do

I am not aware of those coils but generally the more expensive the coil is the better the quality the wire/wires are that the coil is made from, coils that have been sitting around also should be fine because metals used for vaping need to meet a certain criteria which includes being non corrosive and won't rust! I tend to use mtl and those coils are much flimsier but still I can re-wick the same coil ten times before opting for a new coil. When talking about coils you would use for the Dead Rabbit 3 if they are made well from top quality materials they should perform great for up to 6 months but will need regular cleaning and re-wicking, a spare toothbrush comes in very handy.

Thank you that makes them worth it takealot sels battery ultrasonic cleaners for cheap I think that will work in the long run it makes the better coils worth it

Thank you that makes them worth it takealot sels battery ultrasonic cleaners for cheap I think that will work in the long run it makes the better coils worth it
To clean remove the wick them gently pulse the coils (if any debris crusted on just a bit of a poke with ceramic tweezers while pulsing should remove the majority) before putting the deck under a warm running tap and gently brush with a toothbrush. If you clean every time you re-wick it should only take a couple of pulses and a few seconds under the tap with a toothbrush because they shouldn't be caked up. You don't need to remove your coils it can all be done with them left in the deck!

Takealot has one for R150 powerd by two aaa batterys I googeld run time and it will run for 9 hours on two batterys I think thats worth it

Takealot has one for R150 powerd by two aaa batterys I googeld run time and it will run for 9 hours on two batterys I think thats worth it
Different subject really to your cols, try creating another thread regarding ultrasonic cleaners you should get more input and opinion about them, I know @Rob Fisher has got one (at least I think he has) and bound to be others.

At the moment im having ohm reading trouble on my arcfox so I emaild smok mayby Ill need the money thank you

Could be a loose coil, tighten your screws and make sure there are no possible shorts.

Yes did change it to l key screws jumps up and down between ohms

Still sounds like something is loose though. If you have not had that problem before, it might be something you are missing. Check that the deck is tight, none of the coil legs poking out and touching where it shouldn't, coils not touching each other. Piece of wire offcut somewhere on the deck. Coil legs touching the inside of the chamber when closing up.

Also if a new build or just re-wicked and cleaned old build it is quite normal for the ohms to move around until everything settles!

Hope so thout maybe better coils would do the job my deviceis rated .1ohm minimum coils ar rated one ohm deul

Point one ohm deul think it could be this

If your coils ohms are on the limit of how low your device will read then you will have ongoing issues, certain premium chips will read down to 0.05 ohms put point one ohm is pretty standard for mainstream devices, I would advise a more modest build nearer 0.2ohm, you don't get a special prize for how high wattage you vape at or how much vapour you produce you are just going to get through batteries ridiculously quickly!

Back