Explanation on how VV mods work

Morix

MecHead
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Hi there..

Can we get a full explanation on how VV mods work and how to use them safely ( if thats even a thing). Stuff like the tesla invader, hexohm etc.

What to do and what not to do.
I have no experience with these as i have only been on mech tubes.

Thank you.

View attachment 245293

This is the specs on the Tesla Invader 4... so it reads and fires on 0.08 to 3 ohm (subject to the charge on your cells). Note the Cell type to be used as well.

The rest is up to you on where you start with the Potentiometer and where you find your happy place. It is not going to be a fire and forget setup and you will have to test it on different levels and different builds to find the peak performance that works for you.

Like me on my NCV2's, I run it with a build between 0.25 and 0.3ohm, on the regulated series setting at the lowest voltage level which is about the same for me as 45-50W on a regulated VW mod. That is my happy place. On the Dovpo MVV2 I had it with the same build but just past the II setting. So each mod is different for each vaper and you will have to try it and figure it out. No matter who says what here, you are not going to get an answer that relates back to exactly what you want to hear for you to just pick up a device, use it and be happy with it right off the bat. Trial and error is part of the experience.
To add to this the settings vary because of the starting voltage output varies from mod to mod so with the Tesla 4 the starting point is 3v so really do need to start low and shouldn't need turning up much at all!, very powerful device!

View attachment 245293

This is the specs on the Tesla Invader 4... so it reads and fires on 0.08 to 3 ohm (subject to the charge on your cells). Note the Cell type to be used as well.

The rest is up to you on where you start with the Potentiometer and where you find your happy place. It is not going to be a fire and forget setup and you will have to test it on different levels and different builds to find the peak performance that works for you.

Like me on my NCV2's, I run it with a build between 0.25 and 0.3ohm, on the regulated series setting at the lowest voltage level which is about the same for me as 45-50W on a regulated VW mod. That is my happy place. On the Dovpo MVV2 I had it with the same build but just past the II setting. So each mod is different for each vaper and you will have to try it and figure it out. No matter who says what here, you are not going to get an answer that relates back to exactly what you want to hear for you to just pick up a device, use it and be happy with it right off the bat. Trial and error is part of the experience.
Thanks this helps alot. I had a chat with @Stranger yesterday on whatsapp and he explained it pretty well. I currently vape at 0.11 with 30t ( as seen below) as the battery depletes it reaches that 70 to 85w and the place of joy i like. I dont mind the 120odd W at the fresh charge either. Back, WAY back on the drag my sweet spot was around 70 to 85w. In conclusion when i do pick up the tesla this is what i will be aiming for. Screenshot_20211202_063526_com.stasbar.vape_tool.jpg

People also ask
Does battery capacity Add in series?
Connecting batteries in series increases voltage, but does not increase overall amp-hour capacity. All batteries in a series bank must have the same amp-hour rating. Connecting batteries in parallel increases total current capacity by decreasing total resistance, and it also increases overall amp-hour capacity.

Back