EZ Mixer/Frother?

It will work but you dont need such an expensive model. Just a good quality handheld that takes batteries will so the job and it will be maximum R150.

A frother isn't a cure all for steeping time it will just help the initial mix but you can use a slow cooker to further accelerate the process.

Mixes with creams and custards won't care about your frother, they will still need a week or two steep time even when frothed and heat bathed.

It will work but you dont need such an expensive model. Just a good quality handheld that takes batteries will so the job and it will be maximum R150.

A frother isn't a cure all for steeping time it will just help the initial mix but you can use a slow cooker to further accelerate the process.

Mixes with creams and custards won't care about your frother, they will still need a week or two steep time even when frothed and heat bathed.
mmmm, interesting - thanks for the info :) - I know there is no getting around steeping time, this I am aware of sadly. Just want it for the initial mixing phase. It's free bro - I'm gonna use my ebucks :)

Bought mine at crazy store for R27, uses 1AAA battery, cheap and effective

lol cool, I know of a crazy store pretty close to my office. I'm heading to west pack today to pick up some glassware and plastic containers. Maybe there is a crazy store near the west pack in centurion... Anyone know if there is one close by?

This will definitely work, just be aware that there is no on or off, you will need to push the button in to spin up the frother.
Just thought i would mention it in case you were looking at something you could switch on and walk away.

This will definitely work, just be aware that there is no on or off, you will need to push the button in to spin up the frother.
Just thought i would mention it in case you were looking at something you could switch on and walk away.

dammit, I thought it was a push and walk away unit. This kinda defeats the purpose of being lazy :( - however i could potentially change the switch to a on/off type switch. This will be the heights of my electronic DIY no jokes.

LOL agreed ...takes the laziness out of the entire process ! :-D

lol cool, I know of a crazy store pretty close to my office. I'm heading to west pack today to pick up some glassware and plastic containers. Maybe there is a crazy store near the west pack in centurion... Anyone know if there is one close by?
No sorry I don't, these are the hand held milk frothers and I mix maximum 100ml, holding it at a 45 deg angle with the wire (Frother) part partly submerged, High VG is a bit tough to mix with this cheapy frother and need a fresh battery.

No sorry I don't, these are the hand held milk frothers and I mix maximum 100ml, holding it at a 45 deg angle with the wire (Frother) part partly submerged, High VG is a bit tough to mix with this cheapy frother and need a fresh battery.
lol, no probs bro. That is to be expected from an el' cheapo - but hey it does the job right, which is what is important. I'm new to DIY-ing and the biggest bottle I've mixed was 70ml of my coco-pine cream concoction, it is also very high VG - I used my drill to stir it, was okay but not great.

Hi Fellow DIY'ers,

As you guys probably know I am one of the most lazy people out there, so in my quest for making things easier - I came across the following:

http://www.takealot.com/bodum-latte-milk-frother-green/PLID29430295

Will it work to mix my DIY's?

Regards,
NewOoBy a.k.a JacksColon a.k.a Carlos

Nah, give it a miss, while they work well on water and milk type liquids, they sukkel on PG/VG mixes.
Rather get an ultrasonic cleaner bath, then its just drop the bottles in and away you go.
I have a small 50W 99sec timer one, but it gets tedious repeat pushing the on button.

http://www.bjoberholzer.co.za/ultrasonic-600ml-with-basket-121957.html

Ya man, I've been happily using my R100 Clicks Safeway frother for 6 months.

Works like a charm!

I need nothing more.

I bought a cheapie battery operated frother from West pack R30 bucks. Took out the frothing rod stuck it in my drill. Boom. Mixed in seconds litteraly .

I believe in good old fashioned steeping (throwing it in a dark cabinet and waiting). Best results, cheaper than buying a frother and it's for the lazy :)

I used to use this baby but eventually went back to good old hand jobs:D . Paid around 90 bucks at checkers hyper & unless you use 2 super fresh batteries its going to struggle with high VG juice.

Maybe just use the ear bud in a cordless drill trick

IMAG01641.jpg

Nah, give it a miss, while they work well on water and milk type liquids, they sukkel on PG/VG mixes.
Rather get an ultrasonic cleaner bath, then its just drop the bottles in and away you go.
I have a small 50W 99sec timer one, but it gets tedious repeat pushing the on button.

http://www.bjoberholzer.co.za/ultrasonic-600ml-with-basket-121957.html

This is high on my list of priorities that I need to buy end of this month. Sheesh I'm definitely going to kill my vape budget for two months, ultrasonic+rolo = vape budget gone :(. I'm going to need to ask SO for bonus

I bought a cheapie battery operated frother from West pack R30 bucks. Took out the frothing rod stuck it in my drill. Boom. Mixed in seconds litteraly .

lol taking DIY to the next level hey.

I used to use this baby but eventually went back to good old hand jobs:D . Paid around 90 bucks at checkers hyper & unless you use 2 super fresh batteries its going to struggle with high VG juice.

View attachment 46048

I made a stirrer from an old syringe I just cut the top part, the plunger thingy and made it look like a motor boats propeller and plugged that into my drill, works awesome but not for the lazy.

lol taking DIY to the next level hey.
Gotta make a plan hey hahaha.
I tried using it before stripping the whole rod out and the frothing rod wouldn't even spin in the mix hahaha. What do you expect for R30 hey. ☺

View attachment 46048
But what you do is stick whatever you mixing in, in hot water for a minute.. The VG thins out... Froth away

I made a stirrer from an old syringe I just cut the top part, the plunger thingy and made it look like a motor boats propeller and plugged that into my drill, works awesome but not for the lazy.
Should change your forum name to Macgyver now lol . I never would have thought of doing that.

Still prefer to just hand shake it though . Much easier then having to pull out the tools

But what you do is stick whatever you mixing in, in hot water for a minute.. The VG thins out... Froth away
With the amount of nic I use in my mixes I try to stay away from heat . Not sure if I'm just being overly paranoid but why risk messing up precious juice lol.

Besides , I make large quantities at a time so I can afford to wait a week or two for my next batch to steep

With the amount of nic I use in my mixes I try to stay away from heat . Not sure if I'm just being overly paranoid but why risk messing up precious juice lol.

Besides , I make large quantities at a time so I can afford to wait a week or two for my next batch to steep
Oh right. I'm talking like 30mls I make at a time.

Hi guys, I would suggest looking into making a magnetic stirrer! My good friend @SHiBBY managed to make a neat looking magnetic stirrer a while back. With a potentiometer to regulate the speeds etc. This will however only take out the step where you sit there like an idiot and shake your juice wondering if someone can see you through your window.

But look it up. really awesome! Also, if you need those magnetic stirrer bars I can organize from my lab contacts :)

Hi guys, I would suggest looking into making a magnetic stirrer! My good friend @SHiBBY managed to make a neat looking magnetic stirrer a while back. With a potentiometer to regulate the speeds etc. This will however only take out the step where you sit there like an idiot and shake your juice wondering if someone can see you through your window.

But look it up. really awesome! Also, if you need those magnetic stirrer bars I can organize from my lab contacts :)
cool thanks bro, that was my first prize - building a DIY stirrer, but that seems like a huge amount of effort to build. I will look however to see if I can do what he describes.

Back