Feels like sand, but RTA was never in sand

NewOobY

Dedicated Vaper
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Hi Everyone,

Something very strange is happening, when I open or close my juice flow control on my OBS it feels and sounds like sand is in the joint. Anyone else experience this before? I mean I wasn't anywhere near sand, is it possible that my juice crystallized and caused the sand feeling?

Regards,
NeWoObY

Had a similar issue with my subtank mini before. Crystallization could be possible if sweetners/additives are used in the eliquid. When cleaning, just disassemble the tank and submerge in hot water. While the tank is in hot water, turn the airflow control a couple of times to expose any contaminates and to clean better.Leave for a few minutes then dry out with a paper towl. This process seems to work for me on all of my tanks so far.

Hi Everyone,

Something very strange is happening, when I open or close my juice flow control on my OBS it feels and sounds like sand is in the joint. Anyone else experience this before? I mean I wasn't anywhere near sand, is it possible that my juice crystallized and caused the sand feeling?

Regards,
NeWoObY
Can you feel any gritty particles on your fingers when you use the tank?

Never used an OBS before , does the airflow control slot into the next setting or is it a frictionless motion. If it slots into place then its possible that like the subtank mini , it has little balls(bearings) in the AFC . Maybe one of the bearings are grating against the inner base of the tank.

As @snowman123 suggested. A good hot bath might dissolve any crystalised juice . It also isn't neccesarily sand that's trapped inside. Dust particles even though small could also cause that scratchy feeling

Can you feel any gritty particles on your fingers when you use the tank?

Never used an OBS before , does the airflow control slot into the next setting or is it a frictionless motion. If it slots into place then its possible that like the subtank mini , it has little balls(bearings) in the AFC . Maybe one of the bearings are grating against the inner base of the tank.

As @snowman123 suggested. A good hot bath might dissolve any crystalised juice . It also isn't neccesarily sand that's trapped inside. Dust particles even though small could also cause that scratchy feeling

I never felt actual sand on my fingers. Definitely friction when you try to set the airflow control. But a good clean seemed to fix the problem for me. This happened only twice to me but with 2 different tanks. Not something that re-occurs frequently though.

I never felt actual sand on my fingers. Definitely friction when you try to set the airflow control. But a good clean seemed to fix the problem for me. This happened only twice to me but with 2 different tanks. Not something that re-occurs frequently though.
If it doesn't happen too often I wouldn't worry about it .

Strange though as I'm always vaping while doing my hobby work & my hands get covered in all types of dust , steel/wood/ cement & never had them creep into the tanks nooks & crannies

awesome thanks for the suggestions, it could very well be crystallization that took place. I will give it a clean over the weekend and let you know if that solved my problem :).

Back