First Corona Virus case confirmed in SA.

I suppose you could use supermarket food essences. The problem is that some of these are oil-based afaik. Avoiding coronavirus but dying from EVALI would be ironic.

I think it's unlikely that DIYers will run out of flavours. In my experience, one runs out of nic, VG and PG long before running out of flavours. Sure, you might run out of the flavour that is needed to make your favourite recipe, but you won't run out of flavours. You will have some flavour to add to a mix. There is no DIYer who will run out of Flv Rich Cinnamon ever. The bottle you bought in 2018 will be handed down from generation to generation as an heirloom. Your great-grandchildren will still be using it.

Latest update from the UK. 953 more deaths in the last 24 hours taking the total to 9,016. On course for Saturday seeing both over 1.000 in a day and total over 10.000 thresholds! This lockdown won't be weeks but months!

I suppose you could use supermarket food essences. The problem is that some of these are oil-based afaik. Avoiding coronavirus but dying from EVALI would be ironic.

I think it's unlikely that DIYers will run out of flavours. In my experience, one runs out of nic, VG and PG long before running out of flavours. Sure, you might run out of the flavour that is needed to make your favourite recipe, but you won't run out of flavours. You will have some flavour to add to a mix. There is no DIYer who will run out of Flv Rich Cinnamon ever. The bottle you bought in 2018 will be handed down from generation to generation as an heirloom. Your great-grandchildren will still be using it.
A couple of the manufacturers i get NET tobacco e-liquids from have ventured into flavours but using essences instead of flavourings to keep it all natural but that's the key they are natural essences so agree have to be careful and know exactly what your'e using. I never get involved with the DIY areas of forums as a rule because although i am a keen DIYer i come originally from a catering background using natural flare so i have never weighed out ingredients in my life, if i wanted to make a cake right now i simply use my eye and feel but the end result will be a cake as good as anybody's. I approach e-liquid DIY in the exact same manner so very slap dash in my approach yet get really good results but it doesn't make me the best person to give others advice!

So here's a question about flavourings. Vape juice flavourings are food-grade ... they say. If that is indeed true, then it must be safe to use them in food, right?

I want to make my own ice-cream, as our local Spar doesn't stock ice-cream for diabetics. Neither do I want to use fresh fruit, as it contains too much sugar. Could I not add a drop or two of vape juice flavouring?

So here's a question about flavourings. Vape juice flavourings are food-grade ... they say. If that is indeed true, then it must be safe to use them in food, right?

I want to make my own ice-cream, as our local Spar doesn't stock ice-cream for diabetics. Neither do I want to use fresh fruit, as it contains too much sugar. Could I not add a drop or two of vape juice flavouring?
Certainly at least most are fine as a lot of flavouring manufacturers Vaping have just adopted and some like Capella refuse to state they are suitable for vaping (just to cover their arses) so are actually food flavourings!

Certainly at least most are fine as a lot of flavouring manufacturers Vaping have just adopted and some like Capella refuse to state they are suitable for vaping (just to cover their arses) so are actually food flavourings!
To add to that PG has been a common carrier for food flavourings long before vaping was even a thing!

TFA, Capella, Flavor West, Inawera, Flavour Art, One On One, LorAnn, Real Flavors are all food flavouring companies. Vaping is just a sideline for their main business of selling to food & beverage companies. That is also what their flavours are certified safe by the FDA for - adding to food. So you can add any of these to food or drinks and be safe.

I reckon that even vape-specific flavours like Flavorah will be safe. I can't see how any flavour that is OK to inhale would be harmful to ingest. Our stomachs are a lot tougher than our lungs.

A note of caution, though. A couple of drops in a bucket of ice cream won't be enough. I've dabbled with adding flavours I don't enjoy vaping to milk, to make a milkshake. It needs a fair amount. I don't know how much it would be for, say, a litre of ice cream. But I would imagine it would need several ml at least.

Interesting comparisons
672454ddd71ae8f7cebc124ef2cef964.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

@Adephi that video was kiff, thanks for laugh!

@Hooked I was completely joking about vanilla essence. I've read many articles (published in the days of the popcorn lung scare) that said that certain vanilla flavours with vanilla essence being the biggest culprit. Release a certain cancerous chemical. It was years ago. And I always assumed it was fairly common knowledge not to vape food flavouring from the store. Based on what @RichJB said about the oil content. So me asking was just a joke.

@Timwis I have plenty family over in the England and from what they tell me, your lock down measures are somewhat useless. People can still go to plenty of stores, they're going out to parks and beach's and going for runs. Especially with the "hot" 21° weather. That's bloody fireplace and hot water bottle weather you crazy bastards! I feel like your government has failed to enforce the lockdown. You guys have too much freedom which is why your rates are skyrocketing.

I've even been chatting to a policeman who's been getting very upset at how the citizens are not obeying the lockdown rules and he can do little to stop them. Yet he himself went to visit his best friend who also has cancer.

Another friend told me that all the Indian and Chinese run stores that sell "essentials" like bog roll and bandaids are allowed to stay open and they're mostly just being used for sweets, snacks, smokes and booze.

It's tragic that the UK is suffering so much. But how can they possibly expect any different with such lax laws and poor enforcement?

Our time will surely come too. But that will be due to ignorant citizens and overpopulation in the townships. I don't believe has done any less than what he should.

@Hooked I was completely joking about vanilla essence. I've read many articles (published in the days of the popcorn lung scare) that said that certain vanilla flavours with vanilla essence being the biggest culprit. Release a certain cancerous chemical. It was years ago. And I always assumed it was fairly common knowledge not to vape food flavouring from the store. Based on what @RichJB said about the oil content. So me asking was just a joke.

You might have meant it as a joke but a few days ago people on our local facebook group was asking the same thing. Either vanilla essence in vape juice or vape vanilla flavoring in baking. Turns out there is quite a few diyers in my area.

@Timwis I have plenty family over in the England and from what they tell me, your lock down measures are somewhat useless. People can still go to plenty of stores, they're going out to parks and beach's and going for runs. Especially with the "hot" 21° weather. That's bloody fireplace and hot water bottle weather you crazy bastards! I feel like your government has failed to enforce the lockdown. You guys have too much freedom which is why your rates are skyrocketing

Our strict rules has been our saving grace so far. But there is too much of a stigma going on in townships and people are not willing to get tested. But you can hide from the test but you can't hide from the virus. One week you ignore it, a week or 2 later they are digging mass graves. We see it both Italy, UK and USA.

And regarding the strict rules, it is irritating the crap out of me people shouting to relax to rules (especially a certain party thats been losing their marbles lately). Its not about just selling non essentials. If you do allow it you need to open the entire supply and production line. Thats more cars on the roads and more essential workers to be catered for who will spread the virus.

We all need to compromise here. If they allow the sale of wine and beer I will smile like everyone else. But until then my wife will just have to deal with vrot apples and pineapples fermenting away in the kitchen.

TFA, Capella, Flavor West, Inawera, Flavour Art, One On One, LorAnn, Real Flavors are all food flavouring companies. Vaping is just a sideline for their main business of selling to food & beverage companies. That is also what their flavours are certified safe by the FDA for - adding to food. So you can add any of these to food or drinks and be safe.

I reckon that even vape-specific flavours like Flavorah will be safe. I can't see how any flavour that is OK to inhale would be harmful to ingest. Our stomachs are a lot tougher than our lungs.

A note of caution, though. A couple of drops in a bucket of ice cream won't be enough. I've dabbled with adding flavours I don't enjoy vaping to milk, to make a milkshake. It needs a fair amount. I don't know how much it would be for, say, a litre of ice cream. But I would imagine it would need several ml at least.

Thanks very much @RichJB. I''ll give it a go after lockdown!!

To add to that PG has been a common carrier for food flavourings long before vaping was even a thing!

Interesting. I know that PG is used in medicines, but didn't know that it's used in food flavourings as well.

@Timwis I have plenty family over in the England and from what they tell me, your lock down measures are somewhat useless. People can still go to plenty of stores, they're going out to parks and beach's and going for runs. Especially with the "hot" 21° weather. That's bloody fireplace and hot water bottle weather you crazy bastards! I feel like your government has failed to enforce the lockdown. You guys have too much freedom which is why your rates are skyrocketing.

I've even been chatting to a policeman who's been getting very upset at how the citizens are not obeying the lockdown rules and he can do little to stop them. Yet he himself went to visit his best friend who also has cancer.

Another friend told me that all the Indian and Chinese run stores that sell "essentials" like bog roll and bandaids are allowed to stay open and they're mostly just being used for sweets, snacks, smokes and booze.

It's tragic that the UK is suffering so much. But how can they possibly expect any different with such lax laws and poor enforcement?

Our time will surely come too. But that will be due to ignorant citizens and overpopulation in the townships. I don't believe has done any less than what he should.
Where in UK i see that also on yahoo stories etc but where i live only supermarkets open and the picture they paint isn't the one i witness!

Interesting. I know that PG is used in medicines, but didn't know that it's used in food flavourings as well.
Yes, in fact the food flavourings (ASDA own brand a supermarket) i have in the food cupboard at this moment are PG based!

I would be asking "why" isn't that policeman enforcing it because he does have the powers unless he just turns a blind eye? Also Indian and Chinese convenience stores is a new one on me. I am 49 lived in many parts of the UK and visited just about every city and town and yes we have Indian convenience stores but i can't think of a single Chinese store i have seen, we have Chinese Food takeaways and i haven't seen one open!

I would be asking "why" isn't that policeman enforcing it because he does have the powers unless he just turns a blind eye? Also Indian and Chinese convenience stores is a new one on me. I am 49 lived in many parts of the UK and visited just about every city and town and yes we have Indian convenience stores but i can't think of a single Chinese store i have seen, we have Chinese Food takeaways and i haven't seen one open!

I don't live there. This is just what I've been told. And his reasoning was being outnumbered from what I recall.

I'll ask again to clarify for you.

I don't live there. This is just what I've been told. And his reasoning was being outnumbered from what I recall.

I'll ask again to clarify for you.
Yes i know, i meant what part of the UK was the person from? Obviously i can only go from my town and of course some rule breaks will always hit the news and be blown out of proportion as if it's the norm!

Yes i know, i meant what part of the UK was the person from? Obviously i can only go from my town and of course some rule breaks will always hit the news and be blown out of proportion as if it's the norm!
In fact if he's witnessing it personally and not going by a news headline here's food for thought he must be one of the rule breakers to know!

When this whole corona virus thing became known I had some theories, call them conspiracy theories if you like. I mostly kept them to myself because I had nothing to back up my suspicions. I’ve just watched this documentary that very clearly sums up what I was thinking when this all started. I highly recommend watching this all the way through, I especially liked the investigator’s closing thoughts about rethinking the way we lead our lives...

When this whole corona virus thing became known I had some theories, call them conspiracy theories if you like. I mostly kept them to myself because I had nothing to back up my suspicions. I’ve just watched this documentary that very clearly sums up what I was thinking when this all started. I highly recommend watching this all the way through, I especially liked the investigator’s closing thoughts about rethinking the way we lead our lives...

Very interesting documentary @BumbleBee.

Whether it is 100% factual I highly doubt. I have long said that the Chinese Communist Party is a total destructive force, but I honestly believe that this documentary is very politically driven.
There is a lot of truth in the "findings" but a lot more speculation. As soon as they said "Obama" I took the rest with a pinch or two of salt. This is a comment I got from another viewer of the video, and she is correct on the Australian footage and that the virus is a mutated strain from the same Corona virus family that was originally discovered in the 1930's: "
Contrary to the statements being made in this documentary 60 Minutes Australia showed wild animals including bats being butchered & the meat sold in Wuhan Seafood Market. Also, this virus is suspected to have spread from pangolins to humans butchering them. This was all filmed by 60 Minutes Australia. So, statements saying the virus didn't originate at the Wuhan Seafood Market.
Of course, the figures they submit would be true, as all coronavirus originates with bats. It's transmitted to other animals then, to humans who butcher &/or consume wild animals carrying the virus.
Of course the coronavirus resembles SARS. IT IS A MUTATED VERSION OF SARS JUST LIKE MERS IS."

Another observation is that some of the expert footage is heavily spliced, almost cherry picking what they want.

And then the source of the video, The Epoch Times, has a major political drive:
"
The Epoch Times - "It was founded in 2000 by John Tang and a group of Chinese Americans associated with the Falun Gong spiritual movement.[Though the newspaper is known for general interest topics with a focus on news about China and its human rights issues, it has become known for its support of U.S. President Donald Trump and favorable coverage of far-right politicians in Europe; a 2019 report showed it to be the second-largest funder of pro-Trump Facebook advertising after the Trump campaign"

It's and interesting video, and there is some truth to it, but I honestly don't think it's definitive.

Closing thought:
"By comparing the available genome sequence data for known coronavirus strains, we can firmly determine that SARS-CoV-2 originated through natural processes"
https://rdcu.be/b3ybQ

Great find though @BumbleBee, it's refreshing to see theories and explanations not including 5G towers. It is very well put together and very thought provoking. We always try and support non-made in China merchandise wherever we can. And I can urge everyone to do so. Communism is a big threat to the world.

Its pretty comprehensive, but they left out the bit where Dr Shi Zheng-Li studied "gain-of-function" at University of North Carolina's Chapel Hill BSL3 lab.
She along with other folk from Harvard, Switzerland and UNC created the Sars Cov 2 back in 2015, using the original 2003 sars cells obtained from Fort Detrick. Incidentally she received grants from both the Chinese and US govts.
Basically gain of function in this instance, means to make the original virus more deadly. They did that using elements of HIV and MERS which is the "chimeric" part that she refers to in her papers that she published in Nature Medicine.
It was also written in the paper that it was extremely resistant to the usual methods of monoclonal antibody and vaccines

firefoxolQ.jpg

Dr Rashid A Buttar broke it down for the layman to understand in a video titled Scientific corruption Part3 which has now been taken down to protect his 1st amendment rights and put behind a private, invite only site.
I happened to see it about 2 weeks ago while it was still up.
I took screenshots so as to trace and verify his sauce docs. :)

firefox_vDvKPAg66e.jpg

firefox_snNJ018WKg.jpg

Very interesting documentary @BumbleBee.

Closing thought:
"By comparing the available genome sequence data for known coronavirus strains, we can firmly determine that SARS-CoV-2 originated through natural processes"
https://rdcu.be/b3ybQ

I disagree with that statement, the novel spike on the new virus contains a furin like cleavage which is absent on all other bat virus's of the same clade. It is therefore 100% chimeric engineered in a lab. A bat cannot acquire HIV and meld it into a new sars strain or it would have done so back in the early 2000's when the first bat sars strains started appearing.

I disagree with that statement, the novel spike on the new virus contains a furin like cleavage which is absent on all other bat virus's of the same clade. It is therefore 100% chimeric engineered in a lab. A bat cannot acquire HIV and meld it into a new sars strain or it would have done so back in the early 2000's when the first bat sars strains started appearing.
Did you read the article in the link?

Did you read the article in the link?
Yes.
However, the genetic data irrefutably show that SARSCoV-2 is not derived from any previously used virus backbone20. Instead, we propose two scenarios that can plausibly explain the origin of SARS-CoV-2:
Neither the bat betacoronaviruses nor the pangolin betacoronaviruses sampled thus far have polybasic cleavage sites. Although no animal coronavirus has been identified that is sufficiently similar to have served as the direct progenitor of SARS-CoV-2, the diversity of coronaviruses in bats and other species is massively undersampled

It contradicts statements in Dr Zheng-Li's paper and she should know because she helped create it.

Taken from another source.
In an article published in Nature Medicine1 on 9 November, scientists investigated a virus called SHC014, which is found in horseshoe bats in China. The researchers created a chimaeric virus, made up of a surface protein of SHC014 and the backbone of a SARS virus that had been adapted to grow in mice and to mimic human disease. The chimaera infected human airway cells — proving that the surface protein of SHC014 has the necessary structure to bind to a key receptor on the cells and to infect them. It also caused disease in mice, but did not kill them.

Back