First Try Diy

Don't use slow blow fuses with batteries, use fast blow or even better Resettable fuses (ask your local electronic component shop). Last mentioned is smaller and are reusable.

Don't use slow blow fuses with batteries, use fast blow or even better Resettable fuses (ask your local electronic component shop). Last mentioned is smaller and are reusable.

:eek: the batteries on some of the battery backed up supplies I use come with slow blow. So it doesn't blow on initial current spike.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Yes those are PTC-types (positive temperature coefficient) and not like ordinary glass type slow blow fuses. They first go into high resistance due to internal temperature rise, and when the over current persist they blow.

Yes those are PTC-types (positive temperature coefficient) and not like ordinary glass type slow blow fuses. They first go into high resistance due to internal temperature rise, and when the over current persist they blow.
Good to have a knowledgeable techie around :)

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

yes very much looking for a very small pushbutton momentary switch thats very small and can handle at least 5 amps.

@denizenx

These are 3A
IMG_20140227_032420_zpslqphcdxz.jpg

And these are 6A

IMG_20140227_032453_zpsytfczlli.jpg

Not exactly small but you want let me know

I'm going to look into those resettable fuses. I'm assuming they work like a trip switch?
While building my amps, I must have gone through at least 20 fuses while prototyping. Sounds a lot, but duel rail, with 2 channels.

Hey @mbera - full marks for innovation and dedication!
Your creation is inspiring. Well done.

Hi did anyone make a mod from I torch ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thanks me also half way I stripped the big 1 I made to make a better 1

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Back