First vertical quad coil build and how it performs

VapingSquid

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey everyone :) kicking off the weekend with my first quad coil build. 4 x 12 wrap 26g on 3mm id on the CLT V2 Plus. Edit: comes out to 0.4ohm

I think the vertical coils allow for the air to flow over the entire length of the coils.

95ee074b03b4728731a5518e57653d02.jpg

Thought i would bring the cotton over the top to drip onto and get the juice to flow down.

d85a9f70bf94ada5ab47583676b82c35.jpg

Juiced up:

dbb485a0a36c941c57c694df1efdcaed.jpg

The coils align really well and at a good level for good airflow.

4ae52960e1fe9e4bc0a649106968c11b.jpg

Happy how this turned out. Here are the (surprisingly flavourful) results at 100w on the Sig150 with homemade juice (3mg 70vg). Probably not the biggest cloud, but hey, it works! :D

Last edited:
Wow @jl10101
Great photos and explanation!
And i think the video is great - superb clouds
Well done

that is a flippen great build and I love the cotton placement. Going to try a similar 3mm build on my Big Dripper clone. Thanks for the inspiration!.

Awesome build man. Njoy the clouds. Does the placement of the wicking not produce any spit up of the juice? I wanna try something similar on the V3

Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone! It all came to 0.4ohm so roughly each would have to be 2ohm (i think) which makes sense as 6 wraps on 3mm 26g come to 1ohm (was my go-to build).

I cranked this up to 150w and its still very pleasant woth even bigger clouds , not even that warm - really pleasant and most of all what i find is with the cotton like this it seems to act as a screen to prevent the spitting of hot juice right off the coil into the mouth.

Glad i could inspire some new builds from everyone! :)

Awesome build man. Njoy the clouds. Does the placement of the wicking not produce any spit up of the juice? I wanna try something similar on the V3

Thanks! Actually not at all, i find it prevents it if anything! I hate spit back and this is so so smooth..

Kewl. Thanks

Nice one bro must give it a bash

Off topic a bit, but where did you get your cover for the sig? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No to hijack OP. Covers are bundled nowadays. I also got a white one with my black sig. Bummer

@Sprint, it's pretty big, but not overboard, so you can bring it around with you. I guess it's a personal thing, some guys don't mind the size and use it as their adv device, others keep it at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread moved to "rebuildable dripper talk"
Hope that's where you wanted it @jl10101

Back