Flavor staying in atty

antonherbst

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
Greetings all vapers. I want to know if it is just me or does the flavour of 1 juice remain in the cotton until it is re wicked? Regardsless of the new juices that is vaped in the atty? Or have i lost the plot and are smoking my socks for thinking this? . Your opinions on this will be very welcomed.

Of course it does @antonherbst ! You havent lost the plot

It does depend a lot on the juice though. Some flavours linger for a long time.

For some "flavour families" the flavour lingering is not a bad thing but in other cases the clash is terrible.

I tend to dedicate entire atties to certain families of flavours. Fruity menthols and tobaccoes seldom get to use the same device in my cave.

Of course it does @antonherbst ! You havent lost the plot

It does depend a lot on the juice though. Some flavours linger for a long time.

For some "flavour families" the flavour lingering is not a bad thing but in other cases the clash is terrible.

I tend to dedicate entire atties to certain families of flavours. Fruity menthols and tobaccoes seldom get to use the same device in my cave.

Thanks for this info Silver. I have only recently picked this up as i used to only vape certain flavour profiles at a time and when i changed over it was a complete rewick. But i am starting to experiment to find my all day vape and this causes me to change juices as soon as 1 tank is finnished.

So for me the best solution would be to have a cookie atty and a fruits atty.

Let me test this and come back on whether it helps with the flavour profiles.

Some juices are more cloying than others. Ah, @Silver took the words right out of my mouth!

Thats the word @Andre - "cloying" !

Cloying flavours are expensive - they need dedicated devices
Remember Five Pawns Black Flag Fallen ;-)

There will always be some residual matter that stays behind from flavors on the cotton and it can be very hard to determine the effect as it comes down to the specific chemical composition of each recipe. Best advise is to not mix to much and recoil and re wick every 5 days or so. The other factor many seem to forget about is the protective layers around the wire you are using starts to oxidize and also deterioration which can seriously effect flavor. Hope this helps

It makes perfect sense. Thanks for all the help and explaining the chemicals to me. I will have a look into having various atties rather than one that is used with multiple juices.

Back