Freemax Autopod 50 - First Dual Coil Pod - Review

StompieZA

Reviewer, DIY Lover & Flavor Chaser
LV

Awards
Freemax-Autopod50-Kit.jpg

Tina over at Freemax sent me the latest Autopod50 for review which is the world's very first dual coil mod pod device featuring a dual mesh coil PnP coil setup and 50W power capability.

Here's some marketing as found on their website about their product,

Freemax released World's First Double/Triple/Quad/Quintuple Mesh Sub-ohm Coil of M Pro Tank over the past few years. Since then, Freemax has become world famous. And now, Freemax released World's First Double Mesh Coil Pod Mod Kit with the newly upgraded COILTECH4.0!

With military-grade SS904L mesh and Tea Fiber Cotton formula, Autopod50 Pod Mod Kit is able to provide you with the best vaping experience which is even better than the best sub ohm tanks in the market. It has 0.25ohm and 0.5ohm resistances for both 15W-35W and 30W-50W vaping needs, total up to 30-40 refills.

Autopod50 Pod Mod Kit is equipped with real 2000mAh inner battery and 2A fast charging, far better than many of those in the current market. Overall, Freemax Autopod50 Pod Mod Kit is easy to use, powerful and beginner friendly. It's sure to defeat the best sub ohm tank in regards of taste and flavor. You are definately not to miss it!

Whats in the box?

upload_2020-7-2_9-1-47.png

upload_2020-7-2_9-3-19.png

Pictures from unboxing the device:

The kit is packaged in a fairly small box that is neatly designed with a picture of the device in the actual color of the mod that is inside the box on the front. They provide some info in terms of the new coil design using SS904L mesh and the amount of refills they claim is possible.

IMG_20200602_173150.jpg

On the back of the box they provide the normal specifications and the contents of the device and what is included.

I am however a little disappointed as i saw on their website and on the back of my box that the TPD and Standard editions include a silicone protective case but my kit did not have one included? Was it not placed in the box or is it because this is a sample? I think it was missed.

IMG_20200602_173156.jpg

Opening the Box you immediately see the little device that is quite beautiful!

IMG_20200602_173208.jpg

The bottom compartment has a little pull out box with picture illustrations of what is in the box, yet they show the silicone cover but mine wasnt in the box.

IMG_20200602_173222.jpg

The standard manual, warranty cards are included with spare o-ring seals for the coils, a second replacement dual coil and then a C type USB cable. The device has been fitted with the new C type USB port which is great!
IMG_20200602_173332.jpg

Out of the box the device came fully charged with a coil already fitted in the pod. So it was as easy as just filling the pod and making sure the coil is primed and i was puffing away!

IMG_20200602_173408.jpg

On the bottom of the device you will find the USB port for charging which to me is a little bit of an issue as the device now needs to lie on its side while charging risking possible leaking from the pod (which wasnt experienced, but is possible). I would prefer charging ports to be on the front making it possible to have the device stand up straight while charging.

IMG_20200602_173414.jpg

IMG_20200602_173422.jpg

From the top looking into the chimney you can see the dual coil fitted to the pod. The flavor from this little device at around 30W is outstanding! What impresses me alot is that i dont need 50W to fire the dual coil but i can if i want to but at 30W its more than enough to give a good amount of clouds and lots of flavor!

IMG_20200602_173432.jpg

For a pod device, it uses almost normal subohm tank size coils if not actually the same size! They are huge but this due to the dual coil design. The coils are PnP designed so they simply just push in or pull out making it super easy to replace however you cannot remove the coil with the pod filled with juice, it will all leak out, so wait until the juice is empty unless you have juice to waste lol.

IMG_20200602_173459.jpg

The fitted coil has a sticker that blocks connectivity to the mod for safety while its boxed.

IMG_20200602_173518.jpg

Filling the pod easy without any issues with airlocks. Lift the blue rubber seal up and fill her up, she does not spill over at all.

IMG_20200602_173535.jpg

%E6%B3%A8%E6%B2%B9.gif

Below you can see the complete breakdown of the device with all its features

upload_2020-7-2_9-23-57.png

The device features a 2A charging rate which provides a relitively quick charge rate to the 2000mAh internal battery

upload_2020-7-2_9-25-1.png

Below are the two coils that is used by the Autopod both providing excellent flavor!!

upload_2020-7-2_9-27-7.png

Pro's
  • Dual coil with excellent flavor!
  • Small but powerful device
  • Easy to use menu
  • Adjustable airflow for restricted DL to a tight MTL draw
  • Huge Juice capacity pod
  • No leaking from the pod on the inside
  • Decent battery life at 30W (100 Puffs)
  • Easy to change PnP coils
  • Strong pod magnets holding it in place
  • No fire button rattle
  • Decent and thick paint job and nice looking color options
Con's
  • USB Charge port location at bottom could have been placed better
  • Silicone sleeve missing from box, not included

Final Verdict

So with pod mods being all the rage for the past couple of months and users having lots of options to choose from, the Freemax Autopod 50w is a great addition to the pod mod family. It provides excellent flavor from the dual coil setup and surprisingly does not consume too much battery life giving the user at least 3 pod refills before requiring a recharge using it at 30W. The device feels great in your had and has a nice weight to it making it feel like quality and not cheapish. I really hope to see the Autopod in lots of vape stores as this will be a great starter kit for people looking to switch over from analog and start vaping!

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-2_9-3-0.png
    upload_2020-7-2_9-3-0.png
    460.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Thanks for the great in-depth review. Wow, the manufacturers get great value from merely sending you the device.

Totally off-topic. I hate companies that claim military-grade SS, or anything else for that matter. There is no such standard. It is purely a marketing gimmick. I could claim to sell military garage adult toys and no one could prove me wrong.

Thanks for the review. I hope that all the pods and pod mods will help smokers to quit.

Interesting colour selections. I rather like the look of those.

Back