FREEMAX GEMM 25w POD MOD Review

Resistance

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Greetings forum and Ecigsa members

I was asked by @Paul from Freemax if I would like to test and review the new Freemax Gemm 25W pod kit. I have never had a Freemax product before this and I agreed due to hearing good things about Freemax products.

Firstly, this is a pod kit or rather a pod mod kit, with a twist. The pod is a 23mm disposable tank like a Sub Ohm tank and the twist is that its already fitted with a 510 pin. This is a plus for issues like charging, and it also mean the pod can be used on just about any mod with a 510 in case of emergency unlike any other pod mod with device specific pods.

The kit comes with two pods. There is a MTL pod coil 1.0 ohm and a DL pod coil o.5 ohm that come with the kit and remarkably both has exactly the same air flow and control options and this means both can be used as either MTL or Dl (airy/restrictive included) and as some vapers like lower resistance coils for MTL vaping, this kits makes that possible.

Spare pods come in packs of two as well.

Both pods are fitted with mesh coils made from military Grade SS (904) and sports their Tea Fibre Cotton which in my opinion its awesome. It is top fill with a rubber bung that lifts to open and fits snug when closed. It comes with 2 replaceable rubber bungs. I was sceptical about juice loss, but the original bungs holds up nicely and never opened involuntarily. Its probably in the kit if you lose the originals.

This cotton is highly resilient to dry burn. It recovers and every flavour change is like the previous flavour never existed (unless you left some juice behind and topped up) I deliberately burnt my coils and I’m still using the pods. The vape is also quite smooth.

Freemax claims that this pod can be refilled from 10 to 20 times, Believe them. I have refilled more than that and the flavour is still amazing.

I used both Nic salts and freebase Nic in both pods. And I used mostly VG-max juice with no wicking issues although the 1.0-ohm coil is recommended for Nic salts.

The pod mod kit is also quite light and compact, so light you could forget you had it with you.

The only negative thing I found is the pod mod becomes slightly top heavier (not a total fail) when filled but still stands firmly on a flat surface. The fire button is nice and big and nothing is loose or rattling.

Now for the mod: It comes with a built in 1300mah battery with 4 indication levels, 100 % ,75%, 50% and 25% and this is where it cuts off for charging after using it for a while at 25%. Your normal 5 clicks on and off and 3 clicks changes the wattage from (0.5 ohm) Green 25w blue 20w and red 15w. on the 1.0-ohm green 15w, blue 14w and red 12w.

On the unit I received the order was green, red and blue so I don’t know if it’s a print error or if the unit is built like that.

There’re multiple protections for example. Low voltage and - resistance, short circuit, open circuit, high temp and it has a 10 second cut off.

Battery life is good considering I vaped on this Gemm kit exclusively when I received it and I got three tanks to a charge on the DL pod (about 4+ hours chain vaping with breaks in between) it charged full within about an hour. Charging the mod, the battery level indicator flashes through the different wattages till it reaches 100%. On the MTL pod I got through more than a day and I got three days as a secondary vape.

Other MTL tanks fit on the Gemm pod mod but I have not vaped it that way. I just tried it, so I won’t be able to elaborate on that. What I have done is use the pods on other mods at prescribed wattages for those vapers that’s interested in the GEMM pods(tanks) on its own and the results was just as good as with the pod mod.

So, my final thoughts on the GEMM 25w Pod Mod kit is, this is a well-made lightweight plastic pod mod that is awesome to use as an all-day device (not chain vaping) or as a secondary device with a no frills vape. Fill the pods and vape.

Personally, I did not have any issues using the GEMM Kit and again the one negative aspect I have with it is being slightly top heavier with a filled tank, won’t derail a train. I got over it on the first puff on the GEMM.

There are a few things I left out of this review like what comes with the GEMM kit, but It will be visible in the pics.

And I would like to thank @Paul and @FreeMax for the opportunity to review the GEMM 25w Pod Mod and the pods itself.

(This is my views, thought and experience while using and reviewing the GEMM 25w Pod Mod. I have not been influenced in any way and have not been paid to say anything I did not want to say and vice versa. Other reviewers might have different opinions and experiences, but mine was as good as I have portrayed above.)

This review was about usage of the FREEMAX GEMM 25 Pod Mod and the technical aspects of the device is available on their website and included pics downloaded from the FREMAX site.

Link to the FREEMAX GEMM 25 https://www.freemaxvape.com/gemm-pod/

The package I received for review

1580657460747.jpg
and from the FREEMAX website.

3.png gemm-25w-tank1_02-1400x590.jpg tea-2.jpg zhuyou1-1400x571.jpg
Thanks for reading, Resistance.

Anyone seen a vendor keeping the MTL tanks?

Back