Freemax Maxpod Classy but why?

Jean claude Vaaldamme

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
The Maxpod was send to me by Paul/Tina from @FreeMax for my thoughts.

Now to start I want to show a picture of the User manual.
maxpod1.jpg

That is it. You put in a coil, fill it up and vape. There is no buttons/switches. No settings. It is draw activated and the LED light only comes on when you take a draw or when you charge it. Cannot switch it off, its always on and ready(yes it does not matter as there is no fire button to accidentally go off in your pocket) As simple as that. Nothing else to do, learn or understand. Vaping made easy!!
freemax_maxpod_system_kit_1_.jpg

You get a few different colors.
There is not much specs to looks at, but if you really want to look at the finer details, go look here https://www.freemaxvape.com/maxpod-kit/
The pod has a 2ml capacity.
You get a 1ohm coil and 1.5ohm coil (mesh coils)
Battery is 550mah
In the box you will get both coils, a usb charge cable and a rubber thingy with a neck strap to carry around your neck if you prefer.
IMG_4867.jpg

Using the Maxpod
So basically the you put it on charge, a red LED light will come on and when it goes off it is charged. Charging the 550mah battery is fast(maybe 20min).
You fill the pod at the silicon plug on the side of the pod
Untitled.gif

Now this is almost the only negative I have on the device. You can use any E-liquid with the coils. I have tried 70/30 vg/pg and it works great, but filling a thicker juice is just not on, especially now in the colder months. The pod has some small channels inside where air get stuck if you use thicker juice. So it can take a min or two too fill the 2ml with a thicker juice and filling up all the spaces.

Checking your juice level is also easy. The tank of the pod extends into the mouth piece, so you just turn the pod upside down and the juice will flow into the mouth piece and you can see if its time to refill. Yes the tint of the pod is a bit dark, so if its dark you will have to hold it towards a light in the background, during day no problem. The mouth piece is tapered down so there is only a small amount of liquid going in and a found that when you can see the liquid level about halfway on the mouth piece its time for a refill
It is difficult to see on picture, but in real life you will see it easy
IMG_4860.jpeg

So my thoughts
When I first opened the box I was kind of confused. I have had a few of this small little vape pods and they are normally made of plastic, looks cheap, weigh nothing and are just there to do the job. But this was shiny, made of metal and looked classy, but I wondered, why?

Now Freemax is fast becoming known for great flavor coils. And this is no different. For this type of small pod the 1ohm coil's flavor is just amazing, same with the 1.5ohm coil. I have used the 1ohm coil exclusively for two weeks alongside the autopod50(review coming soon) and the coil is still perfect after two weeks.

With the 1ohm coil the 550mah battery will just last a few hours, 1.5 ohm coil you can get much more out the battery. But the charge is so fast, if you working in a office you just charge it in-between your vape breaks. One other small negative is the light only come on while you taking a draw, so you kind off have to look past your nose at the light while vaping to see power level. White light, you fine, blue light its getting low, red light you only have a few draws then its dead.

So back to the WHY.
The shiny metal confused me, for this type of small pod. But then I had a party with a few friends, and put my little pod on the table, it looks good, its quality, it doesn't look like some cheap disposable pod, and it vapes GREAT.
IMG_4855.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4868b.jpg
    IMG_4868b.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 8
It's the coils for both flavour and longevity. As you know they are regarded by most as manufacturing the best sub-ohm coils for both flavour and longevity but my contact at Freemax told me when they decided to release a MTL pod they wouldn't release it until they felt they had managed to produce MTL coils to match their sub-ohm coil performance so it took 3 years from deciding they would be releasing this to it actually happening which speaks volumes!!!

The Maxpod was send to me by Paul/Tina from @FreeMax for my thoughts.

Now to start I want to show a picture of the User manual.
View attachment 205048

That is it. You put in a coil, fill it up and vape. There is no buttons/switches. No settings. It is draw activated and the LED light only comes on when you take a draw or when you charge it. Cannot switch it off, its always on and ready(yes it does not matter as there is no fire button to accidentally go off in your pocket) As simple as that. Nothing else to do, learn or understand. Vaping made easy!!
View attachment 205049

You get a few different colors.
There is not much specs to looks at, but if you really want to look at the finer details, go look here https://www.freemaxvape.com/maxpod-kit/
The pod has a 2ml capacity.
You get a 1ohm coil and 1.5ohm coil (mesh coils)
Battery is 550mah
In the box you will get both coils, a usb charge cable and a rubber thingy with a neck strap to carry around your neck if you prefer.
View attachment 205050

Using the Maxpod
So basically the you put it on charge, a red LED light will come on and when it goes off it is charged. Charging the 550mah battery is fast(maybe 20min).
You fill the pod at the silicon plug on the side of the pod
View attachment 205054

Now this is almost the only negative I have on the device. You can use any E-liquid with the coils. I have tried 70/30 vg/pg and it works great, but filling a thicker juice is just not on, especially now in the colder months. The pod has some small channels inside where air get stuck if you use thicker juice. So it can take a min or two too fill the 2ml with a thicker juice and filling up all the spaces.

Checking your juice level is also easy. The tank of the pod extends into the mouth piece, so you just turn the pod upside down and the juice will flow into the mouth piece and you can see if its time to refill. Yes the tint of the pod is a bit dark, so if its dark you will have to hold it towards a light in the background, during day no problem. The mouth piece is tapered down so there is only a small amount of liquid going in and a found that when you can see the liquid level about halfway on the mouth piece its time for a refill
It is difficult to see on picture, but in real life you will see it easy
View attachment 205055

So my thoughts
When I first opened the box I was kind of confused. I have had a few of this small little vape pods and they are normally made of plastic, looks cheap, weigh nothing and are just there to do the job. But this was shiny, made of metal and looked classy, but I wondered, why?

Now Freemax is fast becoming known for great flavor coils. And this is no different. For this type of small pod the 1ohm coil's flavor is just amazing, same with the 1.5ohm coil. I have used the 1ohm coil exclusively for two weeks alongside the autopod50(review coming soon) and the coil is still perfect after two weeks.

With the 1ohm coil the 550mah battery will just last a few hours, 1.5 ohm coil you can get much more out the battery. But the charge is so fast, if you working in a office you just charge it in-between your vape breaks. One other small negative is the light only come on while you taking a draw, so you kind off have to look past your nose at the light while vaping to see power level. White light, you fine, blue light its getting low, red light you only have a few draws then its dead.

So back to the WHY.
The shiny metal confused me, for this type of small pod. But then I had a party with a few friends, and put my little pod on the table, it looks good, its quality, it doesn't look like some cheap disposable pod, and it vapes GREAT.
View attachment 205056
I have one question. If you ride a motorcycle and you have it in your pocket, will the wind not activate the device? My old E-Cigarettes didn't like a draught around them. Worries me it can't be switched off for that reason. But it does look sweet. Maybe @FreeMax should send me a few for motorcycle evaluation.

I have one question. If you ride a motorcycle and you have it in your pocket, will the wind not activate the device? My old E-Cigarettes didn't like a draught around them. Worries me it can't be switched off for that reason. But it does look sweet. Maybe @FreeMax should send me a few for motorcycle evaluation.
Well these draw activation normally work with a negative pressure switch and you have to take a hard draw to activate it, so no chance of it activating just buy wind blowing over it. I dont think you will find a DL draw activation device

I was sent this probably a month ago and really like the look of it but mine gave draw activation problems from the get-go. I sent them a message whether they wanted me to review it as is but never got a reply. Needless to say i gave it away to someone in need. :)
It just seems whatever the product from whoever the manufacturer there will always be some faulty units. I had the same problem with the XROS which when it comes to draw activation it only worked properly with airflow fully open while most are hyping it up. Apart from that it's a great device so let Vaporesso know about the problem and gave them the choice like you did with Freemax. I could either write the review but let people know the issue i am having, or if it's a faulty device rather than a general issue skip the review or if another was sent so i could satisfy myself it was just a faulty unit could then write the review based on the replacement unit. On this occasion they are sending another unit so fingers crossed with this one else i will have to give it a negative review but quietly confident that won't be the case!

Thanks for the insights and your impressions @Jean claude Vaaldamme
Like your pictures
Looks like a great device
Like the sounds of the MTL coils

Just another big up for the Maxpod. So I converted an old toppie client of mine to vaping during lockdown. Gave him a device (with disposable tanks) and juice. Now he broke the device and while Im looking for him for something else, I lent him my Maxpod. This is with the 1ohm coil that is about 3 weeks old. Yesterday he phones me and say I must get him a Maxpod as the flavor is amazing. He was vaping on sub ohm disposables, so interesting that he thinks the Maxpod 1ohm gets him better flavor

Just another big up for the Maxpod. So I converted an old toppie client of mine to vaping during lockdown. Gave him a device (with disposable tanks) and juice. Now he broke the device and while Im looking for him for something else, I lent him my Maxpod. This is with the 1ohm coil that is about 3 weeks old. Yesterday he phones me and say I must get him a Maxpod as the flavor is amazing. He was vaping on sub ohm disposables, so interesting that he thinks the Maxpod 1ohm gets him better flavor
Doesn't surprise me my experience vaping all sorts of products has taught me quality MTL products actually give intense flavour!!! Yes another theory is surface area so get the right build with the right air coverage at the right wattage then DL sub-ohm vaping can produce great flavour but at one time the theory was solidly behind MTL for flavour and sub-ohm for cloud chasing and don't know who changed the thought on that theory or why most followed with that thought process like sheep!

Back