Fun and useless information

;) According to a 2012 study published in the journal Annals of Epidemiology, humans are 13.8 percent more likely to die on their birthday than on any other day of the year. That's according to Swiss mortality statistics from 1969 to 2008
;) "A cubic inch of human bone can in principle bear a load of 19,000 lbs. (8,626 kg) or more—roughly the weight of five standard pickup trucks—making it about four times as strong as concrete."
My bone has done even more impressive things...

Regards

With more than 40 countries through the continent of Asia—some of which are the most populated countries of all—it’s not hard to wrap your head around the fact that 60 percent of the world lives there.

Called 3753 Cruithne and Asteroid 2002 AA29 —two asteroids that also orbit the sun—are sometimes considered Earth’s “moons” even though they don’t really fit the bill. Both asteroids remain very close to Earth—as close as 3.9 million miles every 95 years.

It takes 8 minutes and 19 seconds for sunlight to reach us.

Being that we’re 93 million miles away, that’s how long it takes for the sun’s rays to hit our planet.

It takes 8 minutes and 19 seconds for sunlight to reach us.

Being that we’re 93 million miles away, that’s how long it takes for the sun’s rays to hit our planet.

Now you are going to make some people run outside every 8 minutes and 19 seconds to see if the sun is still switched on... especially the Government official that said we must stop using solar panels as we are draining the sun on the beaches...

While watching James Bond Quantum of Solace (never realised I missed this one, so watching it for the first time now) I remembered this fact I heard while watching QI (BBC show) some time ago. Before I get there, just a reminder to everyone on the Bond theme song:

Now once you've listened to that (no need to listen to all of it though, just the first 20 seconds or so), then head over here:

Warning: This may ruin the Bond theme song for you, or not, but interesting to know and quite funny as well.

13/7/2022
Sicily hit 48.8 degrees Celsius yesterday, the highest temperature ever recorded in Europe

13/7/2022
Sicily hit 48.8 degrees Celsius yesterday, the highest temperature ever recorded in Europe

In 50 years, some old lady will say: "Picture this: Cicily 2022..." :rofl:

Only some people will get this.

While watching James Bond Quantum of Solace (never realised I missed this one, so watching it for the first time now) I remembered this fact I heard while watching QI (BBC show) some time ago. Before I get there, just a reminder to everyone on the Bond theme song:

Now once you've listened to that (no need to listen to all of it though, just the first 20 seconds or so), then head over here:

Warning: This may ruin the Bond theme song for you, or not, but interesting to know and quite funny as well.

You bastard.

You should know by now that if you put up a warning it makes people want to watch it. I will never hear the Bond theme tune again without thinking about the sneezing man's father drowning in the village pond.

When the moon is directly overhead, you will weigh slightly less.
Yes, this is true, as per the calculation it is said that a person will weigh 0.48g lighter for a 100kg person. When the moon is directly overhead, they are going to weigh 0.5g lighter as the moon attracts you in the same way it attracts water when it makes tides.

Each king in a deck of playing cards represents great king from history:
Spades - King David
Hearts - Charlemagne
Diamonds - Julius Caesar.
Clubs - Alexander the Great,
Spades - King David
Diamonds - Julius Caesar
Hearts - Charlemagne

What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers all have in common?
All invented by women.

Back