(FW) vbic problems

Zeek

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
This is my first time using FW vbic, but I am getting a anise(liqourice) smell and even taste from it.
Anybody had the same experience or do I have a bad batch or possibly miss labelled bottle?

I have had miss labeled bottles in the past so it is possible and normally FW VBIC does not taste or smell like Liquorice or Anise.

No problem thanks, but the strange thing is I just had my wife take a wiff of it and she smells vanilla

So maybe I just need to steep it for a while and I might get some tasty vanilla too

Thanks @Andre mine is the same, maybe my tastebuds are messing with me. Think I should just give it some time don't want to jump down the vendors throat for nothing.
That's the taste I always get from VBIC :( Some weird reaction to it, it's not completely uncommon. Hence I was forced to stop using it.

Oh no:(
seems like I'm gonna have to donate my bottle of milky O's to a vaping buddy.
So it's either pepper or anise:-D
thank goodnes I can drown my sorrows in CAP vanilla custard V1

A lot of people report a peppery taste with TFA VBIC but this is the first I have heard it of FW's version. But then maybe if it is on the one it may be on the other as well. @RichJB - you have one of the best palates out there, care to comment maybe?

I haven't used FW VBIC although it is on my "to get" list. I haven't heard of any off-notes with it. Most users note that it is sweeter than TFA's or Cap's VBIC but nobody seems to get pepper from it. I believe skiddlz mentioned something about the pepper in TFA coming from the vanillin that TFA uses. But I don't know how accurate that is.

In terms of anise, I'm racking my brains now but I recall somebody somewhere (Discord, podcast, maybe even here) saying recently they got a weird anise note from a flavour that doesn't have it. It definitely wasn't FW VBIC because I take note of everything said about that as I want it. But it was some surprisingly unrelated flavour where the user got intolerable and potent anise from it. All I can think is that it is maybe a flavouring compound that isn't anise but unlocks that sensation in certain palates, the way that some doughnut flavours taste like play-doh to many. This would be a lot more rare than the play-doh sensation but might be the same sort of thing?

A lot of people report a peppery taste with TFA VBIC but this is the first I have heard it of FW's version. But then maybe if it is on the one it may be on the other as well. @RichJB - you have one of the best palates out there, care to comment maybe?
Ohh right, my mistake. For some reason I missed the FW part of the question. Yes, haven't tried FW's yet. But TFA's is horrible for me.

@Zeek, if you have some whipped cream, do a quick cream test. Pour a blob of cream into a dessert spoon, put two drops of the FW VBIC onto the cream, mix it up a bit with a toothpick and then swirl it around in your mouth (the cream, not the toothpick :p ). If you get anise from that, then I don't know what is happening.

@RichJB I will give it a whipped cream test and confirm, the taste I get off it can only be compared to someone who dropped the whole vanilla pod in the ice cream, it is really spicy but sweet at the same time

Back